Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Thana Vesh Chestguard Graphic "Glitch/Error"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Thana Vesh Chestguard Graphic "Glitch/Error"

Broch
04.26.2013 , 09:28 PM | #1
So, I love the Thana Vesh Chestguard, wanted that gear ever since I saw her toon. However, it seems to have a slight problem with the, uh, posterior area when worn on a Human Male, Body Type 2. One could refer to it as a "ghetto booty".

As the picture will show, this only happens when you actually equip the item. When previewed, it appears normally and does not suffer from "large rear syndrome".

http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/...ps312d55df.jpg

It would be great if they could fix this...

Thank you much!

P.S.
Sign if you agree please!

Noblis
04.26.2013 , 09:50 PM | #2
This effect could be described as a compromise by the art team to eliminate clipping issues between
two armor pieces in that region.

Or,
Spoiler
Hold up ! If we save Han now, there won't be anything for us to do at the beginning
of ROTJ !

Magnusheart
04.26.2013 , 09:52 PM | #3
Good luck getting this fixed. Im waiting 5 months on Revans gear fixes. But I support yeah. That looks absolutly stupid. : /

Broch
04.26.2013 , 09:57 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Magnusheart View Post
Good luck getting this fixed. Im waiting 5 months on Revans gear fixes. But I support yeah. That looks absolutly stupid. : /
Yeah, but you never know......worth a shot

Doctoglethorpe
04.26.2013 , 10:10 PM | #5
Thats been an issue since beta that will never be fixed because Bioware just don't care. How ist his the first time you noticed?

I don't think they even consider it an issue, but honestly it's made me flat out refuse to wear a good number of armor sets in the game (including all those otherwise awesome looking jedi/sith belted robes) because its so damn stupid. I really would love to be able to wear some of them but the ghetto booty effect is too distracting.

Apparently without it your *** would clip through the robes. Thanks Hero Engine. Thanks whoever decided to use it. Thanks Bioware for not trying solve issues like this and instead just toss out a crappy "compromise" workaround and call it a day. Personally, I'd rather have a bit of clipping then a victorian buttocks emphasizer, but theres really no good excuse for them to not solve the issue. Of course anyone who's still playing now is used to such mediocrity. The game is a lto better when you significantly lower your expectations.

Gwena
04.26.2013 , 11:00 PM | #6
Thanks so much for posting this! I was considering getting this piece for my male BT2 Agent, but I don't want it if it has that issue. Oh well, it probably would have clipped with his lekku somehow, anyway.

I guess they make it poof out like that so it doesn't clip with the character's rear. I had one of those chest pieces with a drapey kite thingie attached to the back, and whenever my character ran, his pants/behind would clip through it and it drove me nuts. Honestly, I can't decide which is more annoying. >.<

I could have sworn they fixed this issue with a lot of the Jedi/Sith chestpieces though . . . or maybe I just never noticed it because my Warrior is BT1 instead of BT2.
Ecc 1:9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.
Please consider using my referral link if you are a new player or a returning subscriber! What you get and more info here.

Hyfy
04.26.2013 , 11:33 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Doctoglethorpe View Post
Thats been an issue since beta that will never be fixed because Bioware just don't care. How ist his the first time you noticed?

I don't think they even consider it an issue, but honestly it's made me flat out refuse to wear a good number of armor sets in the game (including all those otherwise awesome looking jedi/sith belted robes) because its so damn stupid. I really would love to be able to wear some of them but the ghetto booty effect is too distracting.

Apparently without it your *** would clip through the robes. Thanks Hero Engine. Thanks whoever decided to use it. Thanks Bioware for not trying solve issues like this and instead just toss out a crappy "compromise" workaround and call it a day. Personally, I'd rather have a bit of clipping then a victorian buttocks emphasizer, but theres really no good excuse for them to not solve the issue. Of course anyone who's still playing now is used to such mediocrity. The game is a lto better when you significantly lower your expectations.
Ummm they did fix it. It does appear as though the issue resurfaced with this armor piece but the issue with type 2 bodies where pretty much all of the armor made your *** the size of New York was resolved quite some time ago now.
US. ARMY Military Police Corps

Sarcasm, a body's natural defense against stupid

KyaniteD
04.27.2013 , 12:03 AM | #8
Wow, ok. The Troublemaker Duster has a similar problem, but apparently only on female body types.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=631400

Could someone report if Thana Vesh Chestguard has the problem on female toons, too? The preview doesn't seem to be a reliable indicator for what it will look like when actually equipped.
Darkvs.Light:
Es scheppert im Vermächtnis!

D'rin Schepperts Imma Schepperts Morgan Schepperts Leis' Schepperts VS.
Nie Schepperts Nu Schepperts Glei'Schepperts Jetz'Schepperts

AsheraII
04.27.2013 , 01:52 AM | #9
The only problem I had with the Thana Vesh Chestguard, was that it came without contents. Where's Thana herself? I want her as a companion! I just can't wait to start bickering again with her back and forth, not to mention have a good catfight about Vector!
. . . . . . ¶▀‼▀▀▀▀
__=##¯¯(▀▀[Φ]▀▀▀▀‼‼▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀‼▀▀!
|####/ ( /==¯¯¯¯¯|####/¯¯

Broch
04.27.2013 , 08:35 AM | #10
Just bumping for visibility....