Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Situational Awareness: improve your Unranked WZ experience

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP

Banderal
04.27.2013 , 09:07 AM | #21
How about this... If I'm not a tank who's taken responsibility for a specific healer, then I'll focus-target the off-node guard so that I can easily see if their health starts to drop - just in case there is no inc call.
Flintstones, BrerRabbit, Guns'n'Roses, Leaps'n'bounds,
Jetsons, Cry'MeAnOcean, Craven'loft
- Harbinger

Funwith'sparks, Flintstones, Leap'frogger, Crossed'hairs - Ebon Hawk
<s-key to victory> because scoring backwards in Huttball is more fun

Exzileforgotten
04.27.2013 , 10:42 AM | #22
Sticky this beautiful thread.

Polymerize
04.27.2013 , 10:48 AM | #23
Worst part about this is -

People say, "the people that should see this, do not use the forums." I find it worse, that the people who does use this forum claim that they know and do all of these things + more.... not true. Not in the slightest.

Mythurin
04.27.2013 , 10:55 AM | #24
Pro Tip: Use Focus Target on your Team mate that is holding or guarding the off node alone. This way you can quickly see what his HP looks like, any spells he is casting. Then use Focus Target's Target if it looks like he is in trouble. Tanks should be doing this on their Healer(s) so they know who to keep away or taunted.

-J

KillaDeuce
04.27.2013 , 11:27 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Polymerize View Post
Worst part about this is -

People say, "the people that should see this, do not use the forums." I find it worse, that the people who does use this forum claim that they know and do all of these things + more.... not true. Not in the slightest.

I don't claim to be some pro PvP player in the slightest. But I follow these pretty good about 80-90% of the time. There are always exceptions / situations where you do otherwise. And I do make mistakes like everyone.
Charric - sniper - POT5 / Bastion
Verbäl - PT - POT5 / Bastion

Polymerize
04.27.2013 , 12:06 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by KillaDeuce View Post
I don't claim to be some pro PvP player in the slightest. But I follow these pretty good about 80-90% of the time. There are always exceptions / situations where you do otherwise. And I do make mistakes like everyone.
Not you in particular. It speaks volumes that you had to urge to write this thread.

I've been there, done that. Everyone on this forum claims that everything involving awareness/tactics/strategy is EASY-MODE and they all are pros at it. I would believe it if I saw more than 1-2 people in a whole WEEK that have shown me anything remotely close to playing at a high level. I started a lot of threads and started some guides, then quickly (not quick enough) realized it was a futile endeavor. Hope you have more luck than me.

Ipsl
04.27.2013 , 12:48 PM | #27
There is one of those points that I would disagree with or slightly modify.

Don't always fight ON the node but close enough that you can attack it but far enough out from an AoE or CC. This is obvious for ranged toons, but DPS should learn this as well.

Take voidstar: If 4 teammates defending are right on the node, then all it takes is a couple AoEs or CC's and they are all dead or unable to stop the plant. It also makes it more difficult for healers (I would think I've never been one) if everyone is getting a couple 8/9K AoEs stacked. When I see that, I try to stay back or awe the couple mercs that are AoEing the group.

Really I think sents should focus more on the healers and drop trans for the defense buff. Killing attackers isn't always the best course of action in voidstar at least.

KillaDeuce
04.27.2013 , 01:48 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Ipsl View Post
There is one of those points that I would disagree with or slightly modify.

Don't always fight ON the node but close enough that you can attack it but far enough out from an AoE or CC. This is obvious for ranged toons, but DPS should learn this as well.

Take voidstar: If 4 teammates defending are right on the node, then all it takes is a couple AoEs or CC's and they are all dead or unable to stop the plant. It also makes it more difficult for healers (I would think I've never been one) if everyone is getting a couple 8/9K AoEs stacked. When I see that, I try to stay back or awe the couple mercs that are AoEing the group.

Really I think sents should focus more on the healers and drop trans for the defense buff. Killing attackers isn't always the best course of action in voidstar at least.
You are correct in your statement, but my list is just general suggestions. You are going into details. If I did that it would be a wall of text and no one would read it.

I am going for more general situational awareness for pvp players in general.

If you want you could bring up details for everything I listed just for the sake of saying it is wrong.

Otrorto
04.27.2013 , 04:55 PM | #29
Voted 5 stars for u, all ppl should now at least this to enter SWtOR-PvP
Server The Red Eclipse - Awesomo Legacy - PreludeOfLight/PreludeOfDark
Republic: Ototo - Scoundrel, Durilam - Guardian, Aduril - Sage, Valilkya - Commando, Ch'e'ji - Shadow. Imperial: Vr'assus - Sniper, Boobaleegs - Powertech, Darkylaine - Assasin, Darkvalkyl - Juggernaut

KillaDeuce
04.28.2013 , 08:34 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Otrorto View Post
Voted 5 stars for u, all ppl should now at least this to enter SWtOR-PvP

Thank you