Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Lockouts should be removed from story modes


steave's Avatar


steave
04.27.2013 , 11:47 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by FlyinSpaghetti View Post
It seems you replied without actually reading the first post, the problem I'm having is not with gear as the suggestion to counter a removal of the lockouts was made in the first line of my post, and would not provide any difference to the chances of getting loot (as it's technically the same restriction as a lockout as far as loot is concerned).

The problem is the high failure rate of story mode operations in group finder, and the current weekly lockout means either you got to complete it with the random group you've just been assigned or not at all. If only the loot was locked out (for the individual only and not the group) rather than the content it would mean if a group finder group falls apart for whatever reason, you can do as the second poster said and help a new group complete the bosses you've already done (and miss out on a roll for those bosses because you already rolled), then continue on from where you're last group ended getting loot as normal.
I did read it, and what I just described is the reason you can't do that.
If you're still allowed to do the op again, you can do it once with a group, and then keep doing it with that same group just rotating out one guy for someone that hasn't done it and get him fully geared, rinse and repeat until every char those people have (except for the original 8) are fully geared.

Seireeni's Avatar


Seireeni
04.27.2013 , 11:54 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by steave View Post
I did read it, and what I just described is the reason you can't do that.
If you're still allowed to do the op again, you can do it once with a group, and then keep doing it with that same group just rotating out one guy for someone that hasn't done it and get him fully geared, rinse and repeat until every char those people have (except for the original 8) are fully geared.
I don't get your logic. If you have i.e. 8 alts, you can loot the ops bosses once every week with each alt. if this would happen, you could still loot the ops bosses once every week with each alt.

Wallner's Avatar


Wallner
04.27.2013 , 01:30 PM | #13
Yes this needs to happen.

Never had any trouble with GF and EV&KP, because they were pretty easy and most knew the tactics when they got to GF (if not plenty of people had experience).

Before 2.0 I'd never done TFB or S&V.
This week I got in to one TFB group that fell apart at the third boss (we wiped a couple of times, noone took charge and explained what we were doing wrong, so naturally people dropped away and it ended). Bam, locked out of TFB this week and won't get my ultimate commendations.

I then later did a S&V run. It started ok, a guy knew the tacts and could explain, but on the second boss one guy DC'd and we had trouble finding a replacement (this was pretty late). One more person leaves, and another. Bam, locked out of S&V as well. Won't get those Ultimates either.

You need to remove the lockout on Storymode ops BioWare.
Registered: Oct 2008
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Jorus (Guardian) -Zakarus (Sorcerer) -Kavin (Mercenary)

FlyinSpaghetti's Avatar


FlyinSpaghetti
04.27.2013 , 03:24 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by steave View Post
I did read it, and what I just described is the reason you can't do that.
If you're still allowed to do the op again, you can do it once with a group, and then keep doing it with that same group just rotating out one guy for someone that hasn't done it and get him fully geared, rinse and repeat until every char those people have (except for the original 8) are fully geared.
With the combination of the GTN and flashpoints you can get yourself fully decked in full optimized 162's minus the set bonus in a day. Even if your method is probable it's still a long tedious process and I don't think most people would be doing it for 69's.

Even with the current lockout system it's still possible to get all the groups main characters geared in a week if everyone has 8 level 55 alts so it doesn't change much.
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
Thats no moon... thats a CARTEL COIN!

a-madman's Avatar


a-madman
04.27.2013 , 04:04 PM | #15
Well I think you are wrong (give or take), they should be on lockouts

and half you comments are stupid, "OMG the group fell apart as people didn't know what to do"

WOW then go and read what to do!!!! there are guild out that will get paid to explain what to do on fights.
LVL 55 Vanguard x 2 LVL 55 Commando x2 LVL 55 Sage LVL 55 Shadow LVL 55 Sentinel LVL 55 Guardian LVL55 Scoundrel LVL 55 Powertech LVL 55 Sniper LVL 55 Assassin And some other toons that get forgotten about

a-madman's Avatar


a-madman
04.27.2013 , 04:08 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by FlyinSpaghetti View Post
Some suggestions
Remove story mode lockouts in favour of weekly loot limits per boss
Add "classic operations" to group finder at 55
Legacy commendations.

WOW

1st should not be done
2nd one is a good point
3rd is stupid, will never ever get done as it will gearing up too easy


P.S for n.o 3 use LEGACY GEAR spend comms and transfer the gear!!!!
LVL 55 Vanguard x 2 LVL 55 Commando x2 LVL 55 Sage LVL 55 Shadow LVL 55 Sentinel LVL 55 Guardian LVL55 Scoundrel LVL 55 Powertech LVL 55 Sniper LVL 55 Assassin And some other toons that get forgotten about

FlyinSpaghetti's Avatar


FlyinSpaghetti
04.27.2013 , 04:25 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by a-madman View Post

and half you comments are stupid,
The irony is strong with this one...
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
Thats no moon... thats a CARTEL COIN!

Wallner's Avatar


Wallner
04.27.2013 , 04:34 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by FlyinSpaghetti View Post
The irony is strong with this one...
He's got a fitting username as well.
Registered: Oct 2008
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Jorus (Guardian) -Zakarus (Sorcerer) -Kavin (Mercenary)

steave's Avatar


steave
04.27.2013 , 05:43 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Seireeni View Post
I don't get your logic. If you have i.e. 8 alts, you can loot the ops bosses once every week with each alt. if this would happen, you could still loot the ops bosses once every week with each alt.
The difference is that now each run requires 8 fresh characters, so you can run it once and have 12.5% chance on each drop. If you allow people to kill the bosses again but just not loot, you can take 7 people that have already done it and 1 person that hasn't and give that person the loot from every boss, so instead of getting out of there with ~1 item, you get out of there with every piece that dropped in there. Then you swap one other person out and do it again - the original 8 that did the first clear are the only ones that will need to compete with eachother for loot, while each new char brought in gets fully geared, guaranteed.

Quote: Originally Posted by FlyinSpaghetti View Post
With the combination of the GTN and flashpoints you can get yourself fully decked in full optimized 162's minus the set bonus in a day. Even if your method is probable it's still a long tedious process and I don't think most people would be doing it for 69's.

Even with the current lockout system it's still possible to get all the groups main characters geared in a week if everyone has 8 level 55 alts so it doesn't change much.
The set bonus is the main reward for doing SM ops, and it changes a ton. Yes, if you have 8 alts each, you can all get fully geared - but if this goes trough, you only need 2, and if you have 8, you can get 7 out of 8 of them all geared in that first week.

Seireeni's Avatar


Seireeni
04.27.2013 , 06:25 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by steave View Post
The difference is that now each run requires 8 fresh characters, so you can run it once and have 12.5% chance on each drop. If you allow people to kill the bosses again but just not loot, you can take 7 people that have already done it and 1 person that hasn't and give that person the loot from every boss, so instead of getting out of there with ~1 item, you get out of there with every piece that dropped in there. Then you swap one other person out and do it again - the original 8 that did the first clear are the only ones that will need to compete with eachother for loot, while each new char brought in gets fully geared, guaranteed.
Ah, okay, now I understand what you are meaning. Sure, then someone could get their alts geared fast, if they had 7 buddies who would be willing to run the same sm ops over and over again in a short period of time. But I guess some pve players would be crazy enough to do that (I certainly wouldn't, too dull).

I don't think there would be an easy way to work around this problem, but I also think that the good sides of the changes would be bigger than the bad sides. After 2.0, at least in my case, gf ops seem to more likely disband in the middle of the operation than get completed. Just today I was in EV group that got disbanded, thanks to a first-timer dps who just left the group after the first boss without saying anything, a tank that disconnected and didn't show signs of coming back, and a couple of impatient healers. And now I'm locked from the first boss, which pretty much means I'm locked from EV. Haven't tried level 55 ops yet, but what I've read about S&Vs tactics, I bet there will be ever more wipes, which usually means even more impatient people leaving, which means that you just got more or less locked out from an ops because you killed 1-2 first bosses.