Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Regular DC

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

BewBo
04.26.2013 , 05:02 PM | #1
I always dc at least once when playing a good session. Often right when things are getting interesting (fp, wz). I can always log back in once I manage to shut the stuck SWTOR session.

But I just don't get it. I don't freeze or dc on any other online games in my pc.

I never used to dc in SWTOR until a couple or so patches back. It's REALLY annoying.

Like I say, I don't think it's my pc as no other games are affected by dcs. And I got low ping and good ms in swtor.

Anyone else have sudden dc freezes and even better, anyone know how to remedy 'em?

Cerimon
04.26.2013 , 05:19 PM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi BewBo,

Please check the following to help resolve your disconnection issue:
  • Restart the game and attempt to login again.
  • Ensure that your network connection is stable. If you are using a wireless connection, using a wired connection will improve the connection.
  • You may try power-cycling your router by turning its power off waiting 30 seconds and then turning it back on again.
  • You may need to remove and re-add an exception for SWTOR.exe and launcher.exe to your Firewall and Anti-Virus.
  • Please go to the following location if you have installed the game in its default location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor
    From there, delete the file called DiskCacheArena. The DiskCacheArena file is recreated whenever the game starts so it is not harmful to delete this file.
  • Check Windows Task Scheduler (not task manager) for any software updates such as Google or Flash that may be interfering with your game connectivity.
  • If you utilize a VPN for your connection, you need to ensure that the game is allowed to communicate through the VPN. If you are using a proxy server, please ensure that it is configured correctly in Internet Explorer.
  • If you have any third party traffic management software running on your computer, you can try disabling it.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support