Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Disappointed with appearance designer kiosk

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Disappointed with appearance designer kiosk

Machine-Elf
04.26.2013 , 05:01 PM | #1
I mean, not by the features it offers us, but by the fact that they didn't take the opportunity to integrate it into the game's story.

There were a couple of quests through which they could have done this, the most notable of which would have to be [HEROIC +2 The Face Merchants] (video included here, for those who don't remember it).

Imagine if they re-worked this quest to include a crazy, malfunctioning droid character who would perform surgery on players for a fee. Something similar to what they did in the Secret World with their own character customization option (starting at 3:44).

Instead, we get another generic kiosk added to an already massively cluttered fleet.

FrogSkin
04.26.2013 , 05:05 PM | #2
I wont to understand why there is no name change option. If I can change my identity and species, then why the hell can't I change my name.

We know they have the tech for this, servers merges require names changes some times.

So come on Bioware, if we can change our identity, we should be able to change our name at the same time.

Darth_Moonshadow
04.26.2013 , 05:11 PM | #3
But it's a QoL change. Why tack it onto story?
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post

And I love Darth Moonshadow's responses.
B

Infernixx
04.26.2013 , 05:12 PM | #4
It does my heart good to know that even when BW does something we want, finally, and announces it, there will always be a few people who express disappointment over something that's not even implemented yet...

And those who dismiss that new feature completely and demand something else.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

AidanLightwalker
04.26.2013 , 05:13 PM | #5
funny how they give players a feature they have been beggin for and all you two have to say is complain, complain COMPLAIN!!
Even the smallest of light sources can light up the darkness.
Nyren - Combat Sentinel Ewenn - Shield Vanguard
Kyrenn - Scoundrel SawbonesSyrenn - Telekinetics Sage

Machine-Elf
04.26.2013 , 05:15 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by AidanLightwalker View Post
funny how they give players a feature they have been beggin for and all you two have to say is complain, complain COMPLAIN!!
Again, I'm not complaining about the feature itself. I'm complaining about the manner in which it was delivered.

branmakmuffin
04.26.2013 , 05:18 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Machine-Elf View Post
Again, I'm not complaining about the feature itself. I'm complaining about the manner in which it was delivered.
And if it had been delivered the way you want, others would complain.

Alec_Fortescue
04.26.2013 , 05:21 PM | #8
I am not really excited about appearance changing. I will probably grow my hair long and then cut it short from time to time or grow beard/stubble. I'd be more excited to hear about the hood toggle... I hope they didn't include it in the trailer so they can surprise me :l
Bioware, please let us know if we're ever going to see iconic Jedi robes in the game... Or why not?

http://www.swtor.com/r/FsJS44 - Accept my referral to express gratitude for my years-long fight for iconic Jedi attire in this "Star Wars" game. You'll get some goodies on top of it, too.

deathsg
04.26.2013 , 05:28 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
And if it had been delivered the way you want, others would complain.
Yup. As the Saying goes: "If you want peace, then prepare for war"

Shornboy
04.26.2013 , 05:29 PM | #10
Well a little quest and a tiny bit of law and story would of been nice, I can't say im overly bothered about that part.

Only thing i'm dissapointed me about this is the fact i cant change hair/facial hair with credits, it has to be CC for all.

I'm used to paying for racial/gender changes, but not interested in paying real life money for that paticular option.