Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Colicoid War Games....Seriously?

JcPizwink
12.30.2011 , 02:39 PM | #21
besides it being buggy, the first encounter is stupidly difficult. Not to mention there being ZERO guidance for the player.

The first 3 wipes we were all trying to figure out how to fire the guns...the next 5 wipes were because it's too difficult.

I'm glad some of you seem to be able to "1 shot" it. I've been playing MMOs for a long time and this encounter as well as the end boss in Talos V (when on level) are both clearly out of whack.

Hope they fix this stuff soon. It's not gamebreaking because I can just avoid them, but its sad because the content is so cool.

BassDeluxe
12.30.2011 , 03:30 PM | #22
I loved this flashpoint, except for the turrets. They need serious work. The only way my group was able to do it was with the healer staying out of a turret and healing us. Also, the turrets should have some indication that they autofire, or they should at least not dismount you if you left click.

Mongrovis
12.30.2011 , 03:48 PM | #23
Got it now by healing. Was piss easy then. Third phase was harder I fell off like 5 times.

Sythrasz
12.30.2011 , 04:13 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by JcPizwink View Post
I'm glad some of you seem to be able to "1 shot" it. I've been playing MMOs for a long time and this encounter as well as the end boss in Talos V (when on level) are both clearly out of whack.
You haven't learned much from your "long time" then, because my group easily beat Edikar (assuming you meant Taral V, since there's so much unwarranted whine about that instance) with no one in the group close to being "on level". We were 3.

As for the topic, you gotta give them credit for trying to make something new. It's just a shame the mechanics are so obscure, they could really do with a tutorial on the cannon controls.

SnowboarderTDM
01.10.2012 , 09:13 PM | #25
When we try to do it theres only 3 turrets and a spot where one should be!

superlucci
01.13.2012 , 12:45 AM | #26
Just wanted to put my experience doing this instance tonight.

Also, Spoilers for the entire instance if you havent done it already, so dont read unless you dont give a damn

First the turrets. We wiped the first time because we didnt know we dismounted the turrets when we clicked on enemies. We thought something like a new actionbar would come up for vehicles like in WoW did.

2nd attempt we wiped because we still didnt realize the turrets were automatic

3rd attempt we wipe, but we were using all 4 turrets, but we decided to have me heal instead of turret dps, after our 3rd wipe.

4th attempt, I stand near a turret because I figure the turrets will naturally shoot people off of them, so if I stood near one, I would be safe, boy was I wrong.

5th attempt. We decide to kill the ranged first, have me standing on the middle box, and we all aim inward to shoot the targets behind us, so when they aggro, they have to run farther.

We did it.

Then we come to 2nd turret phase. Needless to say we were pissed to do this again. But we did same strategy, and 1 shotted it.

Now we wiped on the mobs before the 2nd part of the games, the maze part, due to people being afk when tank pulled, but we eventually got to maze.

So now we are at maze. We are looking at the fire being spewed, and naturally we attempt to run to left mob when the fire was not there, little did we know the fire didnt really mean anything, but the mob sure did, because we attempt to kill mob and we all get knocked off edge.

So we were pretty pissed, we come back to do it, put our backs facing the wall, but not actually physically touching the wall with our backs, we were still doing it a couple yards away, and due to this, one person died, but we killed the mob.

Also, I think the mobs knockback in a circle pulsating outwards way. It doesnt matter where the character is turned, it matters where the character is in relation to mob. We didnt realize this until like....3/4 of the way done with the maze.

And now of course the whole barriers thing. Well, it took us awhile to figure it out, but we did, but the thing that made that entire maze place gay, was that random adds would hover up from the bottom of the map on the maze, while we were in the middle solving the puzzle, so then random people got aggroed, and we would naturally come together in order to help each other out, but ofcourse the barriers would block some people in.

We probably wiped due to this like an extra 3 times maybe? Oh and by the way, 1 guy left during the first wipe on maze. But we got a lvl 37 to come in and she stuck with us, so thanks whoever that was.

So after finally sighing with relief that we got past the maze, we go to the console and now see the enemy Republic show up.

At this point, we just want the *********** instance done, we dont want to fight these Republic scum, but we are getting ready to attempt to fight them, but then the most glorious thing happens.

We get the option to kill them where they stand due to a Dark Side Choice. We splice the console and make the enemy turrets kill them.

Needless to say, we almost ****** our pants due to the break we got, and we couldnt stop laughing our asses off.

But the entire epic moment happened at the final boss fight, which is what prompted me to comment on some Colicoid forum in the first place.

So the final boss uses those missiles from the air attack, and kills all 3 of my party members, but not me since I dodged them. So naturally I realize its a wipe, but I continue to heal myself and continue on just so i can learn what he does and gain experience.

But I do that for about 30 seconds until I realize, "Holy ****. I think I can actually survive this guys attacks" I did it by cleansing myself of the fire buff, and healing before he launched his multiple airstrike missile, and just dodge them.

But here is the truly epic part. I tell my guys to run back, to see if we can still fight him.

AND WE COULD! AND THEN WE KILLED THAT MOTHER ****ER RIGHT THERE AND THEN AND WE FINISHED THAT INSTANCE! WE WERE SO *********** HAPPY!

TL;DR **** this instance, never doing this **** again, but I did enjoy learning the instance and finally getting it down, just a huge *********** tedious amount of time went into it

Alcarinn
01.13.2012 , 01:29 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Eclipses View Post
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BROKEN!

A guildie told me it was buggy - but after trying it for myself:

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BROKEN! Not even bugged - but straight broken.

Haha...seriously please fix sometime soon, it's kinda embarassing.
There is only 1 thing to reply to this.

LEARN TO PLAY.

kkthxbb

PatchesOfPlenox
01.13.2012 , 02:30 AM | #28
The flashpoint is not bugged, it's just different. I'm an Imperial, and we went with a normal group comp (Me tanking, operative healer, and a couple dps) and cleared the place with no issues.

It's about strategy. It is not bugged, working as intended.
Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.

Acke
01.13.2012 , 02:50 AM | #29
After spending a full night in CWG i understand why it took me a week to even find a group there haha.
I did this one yesterday, in pug and ill tell you if i even had the slightest idea what i gave my self into id never do it. Ill never do it again and thank god its done!

I can understand its easier in guild as you often have better patience and a straighter communication. In pugs people tend to speak over eachother and its hard for even me to stand still at a console not knowing why and not pressing or pressing something.

The biggest issue we had was the fast respawn of the patrol. As i was needed up front to pick the ads up and sometime even blocked figuring the shields out the ptrl spawned back ganking another dude wicgh lead us to wait for the corpse run etc etc.

You realy cant ad that time pressure to a confusing element unless you want to piss people off =)

/Cheers

MareLooke
01.13.2012 , 03:02 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by superlucci View Post
Just wanted to put my experience doing this instance tonight.

Also, Spoilers for the entire instance if you havent done it already, so dont read unless you dont give a damn

First the turrets. We wiped the first time because we didnt know we dismounted the turrets when we clicked on enemies. We thought something like a new actionbar would come up for vehicles like in WoW did.

2nd attempt we wiped because we still didnt realize the turrets were automatic

3rd attempt we wipe, but we were using all 4 turrets, but we decided to have me heal instead of turret dps, after our 3rd wipe.

4th attempt, I stand near a turret because I figure the turrets will naturally shoot people off of them, so if I stood near one, I would be safe, boy was I wrong.

5th attempt. We decide to kill the ranged first, have me standing on the middle box, and we all aim inward to shoot the targets behind us, so when they aggro, they have to run farther.

We did it.

Then we come to 2nd turret phase. Needless to say we were pissed to do this again. But we did same strategy, and 1 shotted it.

Now we wiped on the mobs before the 2nd part of the games, the maze part, due to people being afk when tank pulled, but we eventually got to maze.

So now we are at maze. We are looking at the fire being spewed, and naturally we attempt to run to left mob when the fire was not there, little did we know the fire didnt really mean anything, but the mob sure did, because we attempt to kill mob and we all get knocked off edge.

So we were pretty pissed, we come back to do it, put our backs facing the wall, but not actually physically touching the wall with our backs, we were still doing it a couple yards away, and due to this, one person died, but we killed the mob.

Also, I think the mobs knockback in a circle pulsating outwards way. It doesnt matter where the character is turned, it matters where the character is in relation to mob. We didnt realize this until like....3/4 of the way done with the maze.

And now of course the whole barriers thing. Well, it took us awhile to figure it out, but we did, but the thing that made that entire maze place gay, was that random adds would hover up from the bottom of the map on the maze, while we were in the middle solving the puzzle, so then random people got aggroed, and we would naturally come together in order to help each other out, but ofcourse the barriers would block some people in.

We probably wiped due to this like an extra 3 times maybe? Oh and by the way, 1 guy left during the first wipe on maze. But we got a lvl 37 to come in and she stuck with us, so thanks whoever that was.

So after finally sighing with relief that we got past the maze, we go to the console and now see the enemy Republic show up.

At this point, we just want the *********** instance done, we dont want to fight these Republic scum, but we are getting ready to attempt to fight them, but then the most glorious thing happens.

We get the option to kill them where they stand due to a Dark Side Choice. We splice the console and make the enemy turrets kill them.

Needless to say, we almost ****** our pants due to the break we got, and we couldnt stop laughing our asses off.

But the entire epic moment happened at the final boss fight, which is what prompted me to comment on some Colicoid forum in the first place.

So the final boss uses those missiles from the air attack, and kills all 3 of my party members, but not me since I dodged them. So naturally I realize its a wipe, but I continue to heal myself and continue on just so i can learn what he does and gain experience.

But I do that for about 30 seconds until I realize, "Holy ****. I think I can actually survive this guys attacks" I did it by cleansing myself of the fire buff, and healing before he launched his multiple airstrike missile, and just dodge them.

But here is the truly epic part. I tell my guys to run back, to see if we can still fight him.

AND WE COULD! AND THEN WE KILLED THAT MOTHER ****ER RIGHT THERE AND THEN AND WE FINISHED THAT INSTANCE! WE WERE SO *********** HAPPY!

TL;DR **** this instance, never doing this **** again, but I did enjoy learning the instance and finally getting it down, just a huge *********** tedious amount of time went into it
That more or less was my experience with my first (and only) run of this instance, except that we had a bunch of at least semi-experienced people that managed to not "stand in the fire (or rockets)" on the last boss so we just killed him easily. Although the red target markers on a brown (?) underground were terribly hard to see so we probably spent more time on him that we should as we probably ran around more than we really should have.

The first turrets (we didn't do the fire inward thing, it's still doable, but effin' hard) and the knockbacks in the maze were by far the hardest here (and trying to explain how the maze worked to the rest once I figured it out, but at least that didn't kill anybody ).
Alanya - Sorcerer [50]