Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

*protest for bolster removal*

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
*protest for bolster removal*

Groncho
04.26.2013 , 04:53 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by LrdRahvin View Post
It's a bad translation....english is clearly not that guy's first language...read in context and he clearly meant terrible.
Not to say that I agree with him at all...I think even the CONCEPT of endgame bolster is terrible...just pointing out you're giving him a hard time about the wrong thing

Edit: Or, if English IS his first language he really needs to sign up for R.I.F. and get literate if that thing is still around (I'm old)
Yup implementation was rushed and most of the flaws were noted in PTS
I still think it's a good idea
TY
Ps: not even a chance that this kid can give me a hard time, only to his babysitter at night
Ch
LATIN LOVER
Free Transfer??=

Crawelc
04.26.2013 , 05:03 PM | #22
/signed. Get rid of it, at the very least it has no place in rateds right?
Imprimis <Fight><Redemption><Conquest><Super Bads><Murica Force><The Cream><RSU>
All Imprimis All the time.
GM of 3 dead guilds and counting.

MotorCityMan
04.26.2013 , 05:08 PM | #23
NO

I like what I have read about Bioware's concept of bolster. Unfortunately, we have yet to see it implemented properly.

Groncho
04.26.2013 , 05:09 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Cilas View Post
you admit that it has bugs.. and you still think it was a terrific implementation? Jesus christ..
i was meaning terrible as someone pointed out
Ch
LATIN LOVER
Free Transfer??=

Groncho
04.26.2013 , 05:13 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by rlamela View Post
you know what else levels the playing field?
doing like every other person and grinding your gear. But I get it why grind and earn something when you can cry and complain and eventually get it for free. The whole point of RPG's is the progression of your character through skills, stats and gear. When you remove the purpose of this then you remove the fun. This game was by far the easiest game to gear up I ever played. And yet it had the most crying about gear gaps I have ever seen.

Jenna'syyde
The playing field is leveled by skill and i have no problem gearing my toons
AS far as i know the fun in PvP is the competition and of course winning, also min/maxing can be fun
Can't see any fun in grinding things like a hamster but i assume we are not talking about grinding.
Ch
LATIN LOVER
Free Transfer??=

supafreak
04.26.2013 , 05:32 PM | #26
Gear gap should be almost absent. 0 experise at 55 is just being dead weight, nobody wants anyone on the team like that, and nobody wants to be that guy. Bolster is a good idea in theory, if it can wwork. But we need a carrot to grind the same warzones over and over to get pvp gear even with bolster.
IF we had real objective based world pvp, then we'd have a reason to gear up, Bolster + warzones + pvp gear progression would be the stepping stones to gearign in pvp to do the real, dynamic, non bolstered world pvp.
But since we dont have world pvp theres not much reason to gear up anyway. We should all just be naked in warzones and be =
Death By Snu Snu- The Spirit is Willing But The Flesh is Spongy and Bruised

Jakev-
04.26.2013 , 05:50 PM | #27
Support
Insomniaq Atense Amersu
Rank One Powertech NA Season One
Prophecy of the Five -> The Harbinger

Rehme
04.26.2013 , 05:55 PM | #28
/signed get rid of bololster

rlamela
04.26.2013 , 06:10 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by supafreak View Post
Gear gap should be almost absent. 0 experise at 55 is just being dead weight, nobody wants anyone on the team like that, and nobody wants to be that guy. Bolster is a good idea in theory, if it can wwork. But we need a carrot to grind the same warzones over and over to get pvp gear even with bolster.
IF we had real objective based world pvp, then we'd have a reason to gear up, Bolster + warzones + pvp gear progression would be the stepping stones to gearign in pvp to do the real, dynamic, non bolstered world pvp.
But since we dont have world pvp theres not much reason to gear up anyway. We should all just be naked in warzones and be =
how would being naked make everyone equal. if you want equal play a FPS. In mmo's you have different classes, different skills, different base stats. With bolster their is zero incentive to grind the PVP gear. Sure if it is working properly you should end up with around 300 more expertise, but I played with 1111 expertise pre 2.0 and my warzone numbers went up quite a bit compared to what I was doing at 1390 expertise. Bolstering so called endgame content is unacceptable. The point of endgame content is to progress your character while waiting for new content to be implemented. Bolster removes the need to progress your characters gear. Sure you still can do it but it no longer becomes a necessity to do so. Again this is my opinion but I find it way more fun to actually earn my stats, gear and skills then to be just handed them. I never seemed to notice a gear gap even when I was playing in my 40's and there were 50's in full pvp gear (centurion, champion, Battlemaster mix)
I also quit the game when 1.2 was released, came back 2 months later and everyone was in augmented warhero gear while I was still in Battlemaster/Champion mix. Loaded into warzones and did just fine, Didn't get destroyed, didn't cry. Earned my gear and continued to learn things to make myself better.

Jenna'syyde

Campaigner
04.26.2013 , 06:11 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Cilas View Post
I think bolster should be removed from Ranked.
Wow, they even hand out rankings for the best bolster exploiters? Amazing.
OldTraunus (Formerly Traunus from SoEK)
Prophecy of the Five
<Old Republic War>