Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

*protest for bolster removal*

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
*protest for bolster removal*

Megachronic
05.03.2013 , 09:33 PM | #221
/bump

Smuglebunny
05.03.2013 , 11:03 PM | #222
Quote: Originally Posted by Isislol View Post
Forcing pvp'ers to pve? No, thanks we don't want vanilla WoW all over again. Both pvp and pve should have separate sets of gear and there should be no bolster. You want to do good in pvp? Go get gear, same goes for pve.
I agree. My suggestion was because...

So far I have learned that even though ALL I want to do is warzones, that I pretty much HAVE to PVE already.
Cant make any money or lvl up at all otherwise. Or get any gear that's usefull in pvp lol.

Or ONLY ALLOW PVP gear in warzones, as in, you cant queue for a zone unless you are in a certain number of PVP gear items, and if you remove them you get booted.

This WHOLE problem began with under geared players crying about getting smashed, but if you are under geared SHOULDNT you get smashed till you are geared? Otherwise what is the incentive for gear? I know everyone wants it to be all about skill, but if gear is NOTHING, then why get it and whats the point?

It becomes all about skill WHEN you fight players of your gear lvl, but higher gear should beat the rest. And if they would allow a bit more time between gear set releases then most people could get geared and have it be about skill.

But BW is derp. SO its this.

But I still like playing...all that said.

CommanderKeeva
05.04.2013 , 09:48 AM | #224
I don't object to bolster being removed from ranked PvP. If you're at the point, where you can actually enter ranked PvP, it means you've fully optimized your Conqueror gear, stocked up on nano-infused stims, warzone medpacks, warzone adrenals, CC grenades and have 7 people on your team in the most advantageous role configuration, but always ready to respec and put on their (also fully optimized Conqueror) offspec gear. Who needs a crutch like that in such a situation?

But I'd rather see bolster fixed in regular warzones than just removed. Gear gap between Recruit and min/max EWH was very harsh and it gave next to no chance for the new guy to successfully compete. So many people just quit rather than endure the inevitable string of losses when trying to break into 50 PvP. When you factor in 4 and 8man premades, the overabundance of CC and the broken resolve system, pugging in pre-2.0 50 PvP was hardly a fun endeavor. Let's not bring those days back.

Gear shouldn't be completely irrelevant, I agree. But gear shouldn't be everything, either. If bolster was just removed outright, it would screw all newcomers over since there is no free Recruit set now. Fresh 55 PvP would be even worse than before 2.0 without Recruit gear (not that it did you much good.)

I would say keep bolster in a way that keeps a full set of PvP gear at a distinct advantage. It makes it clear that you need to get one if you want to successfully compete with others but at least you won't be everyone's doormat, when you enter endgame PvP with a fresh 55 character without one.

EDIT: The devs already said that augments are not part of the gear curve, they put you above it. Factoring augment slots into bolster is a terrible idea.
BEING A GOOD SOLDIER COMES DOWN TO ONE THING, ONE SINGLE QUESTION:
WHAT ARE YOU PREPARED TO SACRIFICE?

Genttry
05.04.2013 , 09:57 AM | #225
Quote: Originally Posted by CommanderKeeva View Post
I don't object to bolster being removed from ranked PvP. If you're at the point, where you can actually enter ranked PvP, it means you've fully optimized your Conqueror gear, stocked up on nano-infused stims, warzone medpacks, warzone adrenals, CC grenades and have 7 people on your team in the most advantageous role configuration, but always ready to respec and put on their (also fully optimized Conqueror) offspec gear. Who needs a crutch like that in such a situation?

But I'd rather see bolster fixed in regular warzones than just removed. Gear gap between Recruit and min/max EWH was very harsh and it gave next to no chance for the new guy to successfully compete. So many people just quit rather than endure the inevitable string of losses when trying to break into 50 PvP. When you factor in 4 and 8man premades, the overabundance of CC and the broken resolve system, pugging in pre-2.0 50 PvP was hardly a fun endeavor. Let's not bring those days back.

Gear shouldn't be completely irrelevant, I agree. But gear shouldn't be everything, either. If bolster was just removed outright, it would screw all newcomers over since there is no free Recruit set now. Fresh 55 PvP would be even worse than before 2.0 without Recruit gear (not that it did you much good.)

I would say keep bolster in a way that keeps a full set of PvP at advantage. It makes it clear that you need to get one if you want to successfully compete with others but at least you won't be everyone's doormat, when you enter endgame PvP with a fresh 55 character without one.
Werd. I agree. Keep bolster but make PvP gear (for PvP) advantageous. No one likes to be a doormat. Especially if you have all of your abilities bound, play well, but simply can't perform on the same level as someone who is rolling thier head on the keyboard and destroying people because they logged umpteen million hours in PvP.

This is the heart of the issue- make PvP more inclusive, force players who spent the time grinding gear to actually play well with binds, strategy, etc. to prove that they are the best. All competitive PvP'ers, I would think, are more than ready for this challenge. Bring it on!

key-largo
05.04.2013 , 10:00 AM | #226
Quote: Originally Posted by Genttry View Post
Werd. I agree. Keep bolster but make PvP gear (for PvP) advantageous. No one likes to be a doormat. Especially if you have all of your abilities bound, play well, but simply can't perform on the same level as someone who is rolling thier head on the keyboard and destroying people because they logged umpteen million hours in PvP.

This is the heart of the issue- make PvP more inclusive, force players who spent the time grinding gear to actually play well with binds, strategy, etc. to prove that they are the best. All competitive PvP'ers, I would think, are more than ready for this challenge. Bring it on!
^^ This...

ShatteredVision
05.04.2013 , 03:55 PM | #227
It kind of seems like bolster is overly complicated, without reason. The entire concept simply gave devs way too many opportunities to make a mistake...they can do that plenty well enough without setting themselves up for it, already.
I'll rain
Blood
Down

On this city

sanchito
05.04.2013 , 04:11 PM | #228

EDIT: The devs already said that augments are not part of the gear curve, they put you above it. Factoring augment slots into bolster is a terrible idea.
That is actually a pretty interessting point. The difference between unaugmented partisan and fully augmented conqueror is quite big. That makes it very difficult to keep the gear gap small for bolstered terrible gear yet still keep partisan gear relevant.

Shinwon
05.04.2013 , 05:22 PM | #229
/bump
Sabina, 55 Marauder - Season 1 ALL-STAR (Prophecy of the Five)
Vencarlo, 55 Sentinel - Season 2 ALL-STAR, (Prophecy of the Five)
Nine-Fingers, 55 Guardian - Season 3, Fantastically Furious, (Bastion)
Fuhrer, 55 Sentinel - Season 3, Fantastically Furious, (Bastion)

islander
05.04.2013 , 11:59 PM | #230

I would say keep bolster in a way that keeps a full set of PvP gear at a distinct advantage. It makes it clear that you need to get one if you want to successfully compete with others but at least you won't be everyone's doormat, when you enter endgame PvP with a fresh 55 character without one.

Most of us would rather just see the recruit set returned- its a premise behind many people wanting bolster gone. However, make Recruit gear a bit better then it was in 1.7.
No one (I think) is supporting warzones were pve's have to start from virtual scratch.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five