Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Remove Bolster from endgame PvP. Please

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Remove Bolster from endgame PvP. Please

TUXs
05.01.2013 , 09:16 AM | #21
I agree, remove Bolster - but I suggest a different approach to the Expertise issue:

- Give every player an innate 1500 Expertise
- At 55, add the players Valor rank to that 1500 (cap of 1600 natural "Expertise")
- Gear Expertise is negated until the natural cap is hit
- Once your gear exceeds 1500, whichever value is greater is always applied

This accomplishes a few things imo - makes the extra Expertise from gear well worth getting (additional 500-600), and it allows PvEers to enter with exceedingly high stats and a very good amount of Expertise. It also improves "organic" world PvP by giving players with or without PvP gear, at least a fighting chance.
All warfare is based on deception. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. If his forces are united, separate them. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near. A leader leads by example not by force.

L-RANDLE
05.01.2013 , 09:40 AM | #22
<----- still sitting at cap until they make PvP gear relevant again....

Anyone need stims or medpaks? I might even buy one of the station wagon speeders...
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango
Not only are you scissors, but you can be rock every 1.5/1min

islander
05.01.2013 , 10:33 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
I agree, remove Bolster - but I suggest a different approach to the Expertise issue:

- Give every player an innate 1500 Expertise
- At 55, add the players Valor rank to that 1500 (cap of 1600 natural "Expertise")
- Gear Expertise is negated until the natural cap is hit
- Once your gear exceeds 1500, whichever value is greater is always applied

This accomplishes a few things imo - makes the extra Expertise from gear well worth getting (additional 500-600), and it allows PvEers to enter with exceedingly high stats and a very good amount of Expertise. It also improves "organic" world PvP by giving players with or without PvP gear, at least a fighting chance.
I'm not a huge fan of this for open world, I feel like - especially on a PvP server - you're out in the world, you need to carefully decide your gear choices. I could probably be talked into something like this though.

For warzones though? Sounds fine to me.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

TUXs
05.01.2013 , 12:51 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by islander View Post
I'm not a huge fan of this for open world, I feel like - especially on a PvP server - you're out in the world, you need to carefully decide your gear choices. I could probably be talked into something like this though.

For warzones though? Sounds fine to me.
Oh, I completely agree that gear SHOULD matter in the OW. I loved the choice I had to make prior to 2.0 in BH/SecX where I needed to decide between my 61/63 PvE gear and my E/WH gear...to me, the choice was easy, I went E/WH every time. The slight amount of time I saved killing mindless NPCs was nothing compared to the protection 1900 Expertise offered me.

It's not a "perfect" solution - I think the whole PvE/PvP gear thing is stupid tbh- but it's quick, easy and it still gives the player wearing PvP gear an advantage. 1500 Expertise should still lose to anyone wearing 1900+. Maybe 1500 innate is too much, but I thought it was a good place to start.
All warfare is based on deception. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. If his forces are united, separate them. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near. A leader leads by example not by force.

Domatron
05.01.2013 , 01:09 PM | #25
I don't think we will get recruit gear because PvErs used to complain it trivialized entry level gearing. With the nerfs to end game crafting and pvp item level it seems the priority is keep the gear gate intact. This is why I really think we got bolster hoisted upon us.

Bolster has no business in Ranked warzones, it's idiotic that endgame pvp has such a system.

I would be satisfied with removal from ranked, removal from regs I don't see happening