Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Remove Bolster from endgame PvP. Please

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Remove Bolster from endgame PvP. Please

Helig
04.27.2013 , 02:58 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by DeFierrio View Post
10% lower? No. What they should do is have a set that is equivalent to what Elite War Hero gear was and give it out for free. After every expansion the top pvp gear from the previous should become free. Simple. Get rid of this bolster crap. Period.
Yes, entry-level PvP gear should be equal to baseline ground gear... with the exception that ground gear can be optimized, and thus is a much better investment in terms of augmentation and set bonus.

And I agree that level 55 PvP doesn't really need Bolster. It's nice to avoid people in levelling greens pulling their team down, but right now, in its current exploitable and bugged state, Bolster causes a lot more harm than good.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

xxIncubixx
04.27.2013 , 03:09 AM | #12
just mail everyone with a set of recruit gear 2.0 with same expertise as partisan and with 5% less stats , not moddable , and no set bonus. done fixed.

cripito
04.27.2013 , 05:15 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by xxIncubixx View Post
just mail everyone with a set of recruit gear 2.0 with same expertise as partisan and with 5% less stats , not moddable , and no set bonus. done fixed.
Why mail free gear they can even encourage crafing by making pvp base gear craftable

Isislol
04.27.2013 , 06:00 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by xxIncubixx View Post
Simple solution that would work but hey, it's BW so don't expect logic from them.

Draqsko
04.27.2013 , 06:09 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Astarica View Post
Did you change all of it? From what I can tell gear below Arkanian (purple 69) gets bolstered to expertise equal to Partisan, so you plain old EWH gear with no expertise already has maximum expertise. When you swap some of the mods out, it becomes mixed gear and gets nothing from bolster and is strictly worse.

Even blue 66 gear seems to get at least 99% of the expertise on Partisan, and they've really generous item budget on some slots (implant/ear) not to mention availability. I'm not sure what happens in the case of purple 66.
With purple 66 (Basic Comm gear) and purple 69 (Elite Comm gear), bolster gives tons less expertise and next to nothing for stats. It's far better to wear your old "EWH turned Dreadguard" set, you'll get a slight stat increase, plus near maxed expertise. Even using a new 66 purple hilt only, dropped my expertise on my old EWH DPS set from 2k, down to 1799. My tank set with a mix of 61, 66, 69 gear gets about 1700. The healer I play with has slightly more higher grade gear and only gets 1630 expertise. The best gains I've seen so far has been using Planetary comms to get Rakata gear from the Makeb planet comm vendor, and rolling with that. My scoundrel rolls with that set and gets near maxed expertise, plus about 30-40% increase in stats (his hp goes from 17k to almost 25k), which seems to be right on par with the post-patch EWH statwise. Wish I had more credits, because I still got my old BM mods that still have expertise on them (they were not patched with WH/EWH), but I can't afford to pull mods and play with them right now.

In all honesty, they should remove the patched changes to WH/EWH, remove Bolster from 55 warzones, and give people the option of either using their pre-2.0 pvp gear or getting a free Recruit Mk-3 set. The only issue with WH/EWH was bolster not working correctly with expertise but this is a meaningless point in pre 55 warzones because you can easily obtain Rakata grade from planetary comm vendor, and shelve your old PVP gear til 55. The switch from BM/WH to Recruit Mk-2/WH/EWH was a much better idea (aside from Recruit being crap, which can be fixed with changing the stats), than trying to use bolster at 55.

TonyDragonflame
04.27.2013 , 06:48 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Astarica View Post
Did you change all of it? From what I can tell gear below Arkanian (purple 69) gets bolstered to expertise equal to Partisan, so you plain old EWH gear with no expertise already has maximum expertise. When you swap some of the mods out, it becomes mixed gear and gets nothing from bolster and is strictly worse.

Even blue 66 gear seems to get at least 99% of the expertise on Partisan, and they've really generous item budget on some slots (implant/ear) not to mention availability. I'm not sure what happens in the case of purple 66.
I found temporary better setup (when i dont get full conqueror min/max) is old my EWH min/max gear, with partisan implants and relics, and conqueror mainhand (and probably offhand, but still dont get it). It give you around ~1850 bolstered expertise, with good damage boost of old EWH. All augumented with 55 lvl purples overkill augments.

Trying wear Partisan earpiece or old EWH relics, or Partisan pieces of gear just makes my expertise / damage worse (but slightly increased endurance)...

straseed
04.27.2013 , 06:53 AM | #17
Signed, it is difficult to explain how disappointed I was when I learned about Bolster in 2.0...I want to PVP in PVP gear!

Purple-Punch
05.01.2013 , 08:59 AM | #18
devs need to listen to this thread .. why would you have a bolster system in level 55 pvp? it makes no sense ..

Luco-Zade
05.01.2013 , 09:05 AM | #19
/signed agree with OP.

I hope this whole debacle isnt a case of the Devs getting Bolster working fine and some middle management cretin with no common sense and the sun shining out of his arse kind of person walks in and wants this stuff changin purely on his/her whim.

Joesixxpack
05.01.2013 , 09:15 AM | #20
Agreed with OP. Bolster shouldn't be in 55.