Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Remove Bolster from endgame PvP. Please

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Remove Bolster from endgame PvP. Please

cashogy_reborn
04.26.2013 , 01:57 PM | #1
in the name of whatever you think is holy, kill this idea now. the concept was a very good one, but the execution of the idea has been absolutely horrendous. original player feedback was basically ignored, and every subsequent fix reveals another problem with the system.

so remove it from level 55 PvP. at level 55, auto-mail every player a set of Recruit gear that is 10% below Partisan gear. boom done, everyone has no reason to not be on a level playing field for PvP.

it will make everyone's life easier. just do it
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

rlamela
04.26.2013 , 02:33 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
in the name of whatever you think is holy, kill this idea now. the concept was a very good one, but the execution of the idea has been absolutely horrendous. original player feedback was basically ignored, and every subsequent fix reveals another problem with the system.

so remove it from level 55 PvP. at level 55, auto-mail every player a set of Recruit gear that is 10% below Partisan gear. boom done, everyone has no reason to not be on a level playing field for PvP.

it will make everyone's life easier. just do it
Sorry Cashology. Pvp isn't endgame content. It is a mini game so PVE players have something to do when locked out of raids. I thought you knew this already.

Jenna'syyde

cashogy_reborn
04.26.2013 , 03:17 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by rlamela View Post
Sorry Cashology. Pvp isn't endgame content. It is a mini game so PVE players have something to do when locked out of raids. I thought you knew this already.

Jenna'syyde
i had a spell of madness and forgot
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

DeFierrio
04.26.2013 , 03:25 PM | #4
10% lower? No. What they should do is have a set that is equivalent to what Elite War Hero gear was and give it out for free. After every expansion the top pvp gear from the previous should become free. Simple. Get rid of this bolster crap. Period.

Kirin
04.26.2013 , 03:48 PM | #5
I agree with the OP's idea. BW has had months to work on Bolster and it's still a bugged mess. It has no place in 55's anyway, as a free set that is 5-10% less effective than Partisan would accomplish BW's stated goal(reducing the gear gap) without trivializing PvP gear progression.

Just give everyone a free set of WH or EWH gear(with expertise and a level 55 req.) and allow people to progress from there. If PvE players want to wear their raid gear instead of the free set, it makes no sense to give them expertise on top of their other superior stats. Raids and FPs don't buff the stats of PvP gear, so why should it work vice-versa?

Keep Bolster for lowby WZs only, and fix the gorram exploits. Bolster should be used purely to negate level gaps. Gear gaps should be negated by giving people more competitive gear.

And that way, people can tell what their stats will look like before going into a WZ and swapping out their gear. It's also not exploitable like Bolster is.
Battle Master Rikai Vrael
(Former) Jedi Adviser of the 203rd Republic Expeditionary Legion
ALPHA COMPANY

OldSpiceSwag
04.26.2013 , 04:13 PM | #6
all im saying is, when i took out some pre-2.0 pve mods and enhancements and replaced them with 2.0 pvp gear, my expertise went down. when more expertise in gear=less expertise stat, there is a problem

AcidicAmber
04.26.2013 , 11:49 PM | #7
Bolster is ridiculous, so many bugs, they should just get rid of it at 55 and use the old system below.

TonyDragonflame
04.27.2013 , 02:04 AM | #8
When I change my EWH mods and armorings (without expertise now) to Partisan ones (with expertise), my summary bolstered experise drop DOWN.

Intended?

Astarica
04.27.2013 , 02:12 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by TonyDragonflame View Post
When I change my EWH mods and armorings (without expertise now) to Partisan ones (with expertise), my summary bolstered experise drop DOWN.

Intended?
Did you change all of it? From what I can tell gear below Arkanian (purple 69) gets bolstered to expertise equal to Partisan, so you plain old EWH gear with no expertise already has maximum expertise. When you swap some of the mods out, it becomes mixed gear and gets nothing from bolster and is strictly worse.

Even blue 66 gear seems to get at least 99% of the expertise on Partisan, and they've really generous item budget on some slots (implant/ear) not to mention availability. I'm not sure what happens in the case of purple 66.

MotorCityMan
04.27.2013 , 02:39 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
........QQ bolster QQ.....
Yet another poster too lazy to use the search function and find out there are already 185183 bolster threads.