Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Armor Recoloring

MythosHero
04.26.2013 , 01:48 PM | #1
I literally almost fell over when I heard this. ^-^

(EDIT: Also, the first music track is quite nice, too. I don't recognize it; is it new?
The Mythina Legacy | [HERO] | [Dark Fury] Jedi Covenant
Kalysta | Felyra | Kaysera | Kayros
Evanesca | Alecta | Daeonika | Vyntas
Kyranna Mythina | One with the Force, 12/15/11 | The World We Wrote.

Bethmora
04.26.2013 , 01:58 PM | #2
wow thats sad, we will have to pay to recolor armor. this should be in the game for FREE. BW/EA are just milking use for as much money as they can. sorry, im not buying....

Shoogli
04.26.2013 , 02:03 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Bethmora View Post
wow thats sad, we will have to pay to recolor armor. this should be in the game for FREE. BW/EA are just milking use for as much money as they can. sorry, im not buying....
Well I listened to the video and didn't see/hear where he'd say we'd have to pay to recolour armour ?
Anyway it's going to cost credits for sure no ? Or are you meaning that for sure it's going to be real money ?
Shoogli | Jawa Droid Designer
Do not Follow me on Twitter @NOWHERE | Dislike me on Facebook
[Do Not Contact Me] [Rules of Misconduct] [F.A.Q.] [Shoogli Tracker]

cach-x
04.26.2013 , 02:04 PM | #4
That was the most exiting thing in the whole video for me at least.

But as always, they did not share all the details. Is the recolor tied to the Kiosk? what are the costs involved? etc... etc...

Also the video is for April. Does that mean everything happens next week?

MythosHero
04.26.2013 , 02:07 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by cach-x View Post
Also the video is for April. Does that mean everything happens next week?
The video says "April and beyond", so I'd expect it within the next 6 weeks.

A while back, they also mentioned that the costs for customization options would be designed to be friendly with the monthly grants for subscribers. Not a definitive answer, but I can at least be fairly certain that I won't have to pay extra to paint my op's Rakata jacket white.
The Mythina Legacy | [HERO] | [Dark Fury] Jedi Covenant
Kalysta | Felyra | Kaysera | Kayros
Evanesca | Alecta | Daeonika | Vyntas
Kyranna Mythina | One with the Force, 12/15/11 | The World We Wrote.

Wolventhorne
04.26.2013 , 02:11 PM | #6
I hope it doesn't turn the game into a sea of black armor.

I am Darth Emo! Everything I wear is black, black as the blackest night to show how blackened my black heart heart beats with black blood behind my black eyes behind by black cloaked black armor.

/pout

Alec_Fortescue
04.26.2013 , 02:23 PM | #7
There you go. Armor dyes
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

Atris' robes are great. But how about letting players wear the robes that are already in the game but not accessible to them?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware

ptwonline
04.26.2013 , 02:24 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolventhorne View Post

I am Darth Emo! Everything I wear is black, black as the blackest night to show how blackened my black heart heart beats with black blood behind my black eyes behind by black cloaked black armor.

/pout
No worries. it will be only 50% black. 40% will be all white. 10% "other".

Jenzali
04.26.2013 , 02:24 PM | #9

/pout
Judging by how few people actually use lightsabers that are not black-core, I don't think you have anything to worry about. Very few people actually want to look like classic Star Wars characters. Mark my words, you are going to see pink and rainbow colors all over the fleet.
Dashto Vant - Arsenal Mercenary - The most dashing bounty hunter in the galaxy.

Jadrian
04.26.2013 , 02:27 PM | #10

/pout
I think that's a bit of an exaggeration, sometimes black just looks better, especially if your going for a darkside look...although I do think there is a point where it becomes too much! I think this game however, doesn't accommodate those of us that do like or want black as a primary color in our outfits very well. This change will go a long way in getting a more intricately designed and unique look for everyone! Thank you Bioware!