Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can't buy any cartel coins

AntigenDM
04.26.2013 , 12:53 PM | #1
For the last 2 or so weeks I have been trying to buy some cartel coins however when I get to the 'confirmation' stage I am hit with an error message saying it is not possible to complete this request on this account and my two options are to either order them over the phone (not happening) or try again tomorrow. Can anyone confirm if this an isolated issue and or ways to resolve it. Thank you.

Xarec
04.26.2013 , 01:03 PM | #2
There is no fix for this as of yet. I've phoned CS a number of times and was told different things by all, which led me to believe they do not really understand why it's happening. I've done it all from wait 24 hours to longer, used different cards and paypal etc with no luck. Plenty of money in my accounts but obviously EAs business model doesn't allow for that. I'm passed being annoyed now, I just don't believe a word they say anymore.

AntigenDM
04.26.2013 , 01:17 PM | #3
Ok thanks for the reply. EA if you want my cash fix this.

BrianDavion
04.26.2013 , 01:20 PM | #4
I just hope they get this fixed by time 2.1 rolls around

Xarec
04.26.2013 , 04:41 PM | #5
Well, seems that waiting 24 hours (failed purchased attempts reset the 24hour cd timer so leave it altogether for 24hours) has done it for some. But I find just as many forum posts of people who've done this and not had the problem resolved.
If it's a security issue that's triggering this there MUST be a better way surely. It's rather bizarre that one cannot spend the money he desires on a product. I can't think of any other retail product with a similar clause. This all just seems rather bizarre. We're told to ring CS only to wait and 24 hours to fix and then...it doesn't work. It's as if BW/EA isn't in control of this at all.

AntigenDM
04.26.2013 , 05:15 PM | #6
I have a feeling this might have something to do with the recent change regarding using your user name instead of email address for login. I use chrome which has be automatically filling the text bar with my email addy. Also I may also be logged in when starting up my browser. I am going to wait the full 24 hours and uninstall/reinstall chrome to see if a complete fresh login works will post my results tomorrow.

(tried it and it didn't work back you BW/EA)