Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Where's all this talk of 40k+ HP coming from?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Where's all this talk of 40k+ HP coming from?

Rilok_Singz
11.04.2013 , 01:17 AM | #31
with pvp gear full min/maxed my shadow sits around ~41k hp. Went with full endurance augs just from the impression mitigation means nothing when it comes to guard damage which as a tank is a big bulk of damage you are going to receive.
R i l o k
S t r i f e | C l i c k e r s

Watch Shadow/Assassin gameplay @ http://www.twitch.tv/rilok919

Zoom_VI
11.04.2013 , 10:53 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Rilok_Singz View Post
with pvp gear full min/maxed my shadow sits around ~41k hp. Went with full endurance augs just from the impression mitigation means nothing when it comes to guard damage which as a tank is a big bulk of damage you are going to receive.
Mitigation stats do work on guard damage now, although its fuzzy particularly with defense as to how. (This was fixed in 2.0)

However HP>mitigation stats in PVP because due to autocrits/internal/elemental the TTK return is much better for endurance. The traditional argument for mitigation=less needed healing is nullified by the bursty nature of post 2.0 PVP.

VG and Sin tanks should just over 41k and guardians should be just over 40k

PS: old thread
Crinn

Sanity is for the weak minded.

Rilok_Singz
11.04.2013 , 03:26 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoom_VI View Post
Mitigation stats do work on guard damage now, although its fuzzy particularly with defense as to how. (This was fixed in 2.0)

However HP>mitigation stats in PVP because due to autocrits/internal/elemental the TTK return is much better for endurance. The traditional argument for mitigation=less needed healing is nullified by the bursty nature of post 2.0 PVP.

VG and Sin tanks should just over 41k and guardians should be just over 40k

PS: old thread
Thanks for clearing that up
R i l o k
S t r i f e | C l i c k e r s

Watch Shadow/Assassin gameplay @ http://www.twitch.tv/rilok919

TenDarkPaladins
11.12.2013 , 04:47 PM | #34
------
Dojo, the one and only.
Sorc-55 Sin-55 Jugg-55 Mara-55 Merc-55 PT-55 Op-55 Sniper-55 Slinger-60 Scoundrel-55

steave
11.12.2013 , 06:50 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by TenDarkPaladins View Post
My Sin tank, who is in full min/maxed 72(Underworld Pieces, not comms), and doesn't have a single end augment, sits at just short of 41k health stimmed and buffed. He also has 36%DR, 22% DC, 36% Shield and 45% Absorb. I'm wondering how anyone could have 33k health as a tank with a stim, unless you have 66 gear with no augments or something. My sorc, In 72s-78s, has 3637 Wp and sits at 38k health. With the high tier gear(Read, 72s thru 78s), It is almost impossible for any tank to be below about 38-39k health with a stim, even if you go with all the mitigation mods and enhancements.
Assuming you augment properly, they have nothing to do with your hp and are thus irrelevant.
The crafted 66 enhancements and the veracity crafted earpiece/implants gives more mitigation than anything but 78 gear but gives up a ton of hp, so if you actually go full mitigation rather than hp, you don't really get a ton.

This is mostly correct, except for the part about 40k requiring endurance augmenting. If you are stacking endurance as a Assassin tank at least, you will have health between 45k and 50k(Assuming with the easily obtainable verpine and oriconian gear). Jug Tanks will have only slightly less, not sure about PTs
Have a look at the date of that post.

wainot-keel
11.13.2013 , 04:40 AM | #36

This is mostly correct, except for the part about 40k requiring endurance augmenting. If you are stacking endurance as a Assassin tank at least, you will have health between 45k and 50k(Assuming with the easily obtainable verpine and oriconian gear). Jug Tanks will have only slightly less, not sure about PTs
You are responding to a post which was made pre 2.4....
And last week I've seen a Jugg tank with like 51k.

Lacedemon
11.13.2013 , 05:16 AM | #37
As of right now my tank is almost full 78's and has 41k HP whithout attempting to stack endurance. I've gone for mitigation stats in every slot - unlettered mods and Bulwark/Bastion Enhancements
Lacedaemon - Juggernaut
The Red Eclipse EU - GM of Drop it like it's Hoth - http://dilih.eu/
World First TFB and S&V NiM Clear
RWZ Rating: Ranked died on my server

Never_Hesitate
11.13.2013 , 07:14 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Lacedemon View Post
As of right now my tank is almost full 78's and has 41k HP whithout attempting to stack endurance. I've gone for mitigation stats in every slot - unlettered mods and Bulwark/Bastion Enhancements
Nowaday it's normal for a tank to get there, but before 2.4 (when this posts where written) it required endurance stacking
waiting for ...