Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cathars coming in Patch 2.1!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Cathars coming in Patch 2.1!

CloudCastle
04.26.2013 , 10:28 AM | #21
I'm so excited! Cathar look great! I'm over here cheering in my seat.

LanceCorporalDan
04.26.2013 , 10:28 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by islander View Post
LOL, surprise surprise...pay to play, not a feature of the game update, as originally advertised.
Woops. You're sub means nothing.
Neves - 55 Vanguard
Dahkaras - 55 AssassinKeelaran - 55Juggernaut
Kalkaran - 55 MercenaryKallim - 55 Operative

Alec_Fortescue
04.26.2013 , 10:32 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Tmanarl View Post
Oh Alec, What will you have to post about if you finally get the hood toggle? It will be an end of days!
I'll either become Andryah #2 or leave this hive of scum and villainy for ever. TOR will be 10/10 for me and I'll be in Heaven.

DarthTHC
04.26.2013 , 10:33 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by LanceCorporalDan View Post
Woops. You're sub means nothing.
Actually it means if you didn't spend your cartel coins frivolously you can have Cathar basically "free".

DarthTHC
04.26.2013 , 10:35 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Orlesian View Post
Why make a thread of this? It is BioWares homepage so I am sure they can update us themselves.

Still, one of my characters will probably become a Cathar. And I wonder if Aric will have an update to his romance dialogue about adoption since well... two Cathars can make babies, right?
Because Dulfy (the OP) runs the best, most informative SWTOR fan site on the Internet and has been a pillar of this community since before the game launched.

Zeeke
04.26.2013 , 10:36 AM | #26
Thanks for the info Dulfy <3 hopefully its as good as you say
Jen'jidai, Jung Ma server
Legend Gaming Website | Join Us!
Sith Lord Kazra Sunreaver | Massassai of Jen'jidai | Officer of PvP

jedip_enguin
04.26.2013 , 10:37 AM | #27
People are going to rage when they realise just about everything in the patch will probably cost CC's :P

I look forward to the lulz.
Dat referral link - http://www.swtor.com/r/Sh6HPh

ninjonxb
04.26.2013 , 10:38 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
Because Dulfy (the OP) runs the best, most informative SWTOR fan site on the Internet and has been a pillar of this community since before the game launched.
yes, Dulfy is amazing. ONLY complaint.... You have amazing written raid guides. I would love to see (hear) you make actual video guides and not just a video of the fight

BenKatarn
04.26.2013 , 10:39 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Iwipe View Post
Trooper companion Aric Jordan will be have his appearance adjusted to bring him inline with the new Cathar models. He will be utilizing the new fur technology and better reflect how Cathars will look.
Not sure how I feel about Jorgan being retroactively changed, but I suppose that applies to all Cather NPCs that have been in the game prior to 2.0 and not just Jorgan, like the Cathar Lady who steals medicine for children on Ord Mantell or the Cathar Bounty Hunter on Balmorra?

Also, I wonder if they also recorded new dialogue for Jorgan for his romance arc. There's that one line in his romance where he's talking about Cathar and mating and stuff since his opposite is not of his race, which would be pretty inappropriate for him to say when his love interest actually is a Cathar.
- = = The Atrias Legacy = = -
Aryne, Jedi Sentinel | Cayra, Jedi Sage | Kherra, Scoundrel | Khenna, Vanguard
Vertos, Sith Juggernaut | Zedas, Sith Sorcerer | Ysari, Sniper | Neith, Powertech

Andryah
04.26.2013 , 10:40 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Iwipe View Post
Cathar, a playable species announced last year, will be introduced in SWTOR Game Update 2.1 as as a cartel coin purchase.
  • Unlockable via the cartel market for 600 cartel coins. You can convert either an existing character or reroll a new character.
  • Unlock is account wide rather than just legacy wide (i.e. applied to all servers, all your legacies)
  • Available to all eight classes (both factions)
  • Both male and female
  • Cool new fur patterns, new hair styles
  • Great social emote for your Cathar pride
  • Trooper companion Aric Jordan will be have his appearance adjusted to bring him inline with the new Cathar models. He will be utilizing the new fur technology and better reflect how Cathars will look.
As always... you are the fountain of information that refreshes the community.

Excellent coin price considering it's an account wide, class wide, unlock.

Nicely done Bioware.
I'm back..... in advance of KotFE.