Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Binoculars - when do you get them?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Binoculars - when do you get them?

Darth_Sidewinder
04.26.2013 , 03:54 AM | #1
This is just a probing question. When do you get the binoculars? Is it limited by level, or by certain quest, or...?

I don't have the expansion yet and this actually is one thing why I would consider getting it, but I would really like to know if you can use the binoculars also with your below-50 lvl characters. As in, it would be great to have them with my low-level characters and travel around the galaxy with them as I level up (because then I could randomly stop and enjoy the scenery). But how is it? If it's only a reward for some high-level quest or whatever, then I'm not sure if it's worth it.
"Mwa ha ha, you fools, IT all was A TRAP!!!"

AlexDougherty
04.26.2013 , 03:59 AM | #2
You get the mission to get them at a certain point in the story, or to be more accurate, you get the opportunity to get the mission to get them at a certain point in the Makeb story.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

Asavrede
04.26.2013 , 04:06 AM | #3
You can also pick up the mission on fleet, but you need to be level 52. (possibly 51, but I think 52)

Drudenfusz
04.26.2013 , 05:40 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexDougherty View Post
You get the mission to get them at a certain point in the story, or to be more accurate, you get the opportunity to get the mission to get them at a certain point in the Makeb story.
I don't think that the Makeb story has anything to do with it. I am pretty sure I had the quest before I even travelled to Makeb.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Gwenya - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Jedi Shadow on Jar'Kai Sword
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

UberRod
04.26.2013 , 06:32 AM | #5
Yeah, you need to be level 52 before the macrobinocular missions become available.

UberRod
04.26.2013 , 06:36 AM | #6
The OP also doesn't seem to understand that the macrobinoculars are not a sandbox "hey, let's look at the pretty scenery" anywhere kind of thing. These are a series of missions that take you to many planets where you search for specific items, at specific locations which then lead to more searching.

I've not finished, but it looks like it is being set up to eventually find the bad guy and take him out. After finding all the "clues."

Fractal_Eye
04.26.2013 , 07:12 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Drudenfusz View Post
I don't think that the Makeb story has anything to do with it. I am pretty sure I had the quest before I even travelled to Makeb.
Yep, this is true. I just got my seeker droid and macrobinoculars on one of my characters yesterday after he hit 52, and he has yet to start the Makeb storyline.

(The only thing he's done is the intro with the ship's holoterminal, and headed straight to where you get the two missions. Otherwise, he's Makeb-free, for now, heh. Might try to change that before I have to go to work.)

nicusor
04.26.2013 , 07:28 AM | #8
The microbinoculars and seekerdroid missions can be found on the fleets near Dromund Kass and Coruscant departures or Makeb and you need lvl 52 or 53 / something like that
Here for the fun ( kill Jedi )

nicusor
04.26.2013 , 07:31 AM | #9
Binoculars and seekerdroid are used for GSI Missions as well
Here for the fun ( kill Jedi )

Darth_Sidewinder
04.26.2013 , 09:43 AM | #10
Okay, thanks for the replies. Well, that pretty much takes away the sense of them for me.

Quote: Originally Posted by UberRod View Post
The OP also doesn't seem to understand that the macrobinoculars are not a sandbox "hey, let's look at the pretty scenery" anywhere kind of thing. These are a series of missions that take you to many planets where you search for specific items, at specific locations which then lead to more searching.
Nope, I know that they are there primarily for the quests, but given that it'd be a quite nice gadget for looking around, also because I am mainly a RPer and one could also use it for that.

I mean, it's a bit too little for having one series of missions with them (I don't know how long it is, but still probably not very long, given you are level 52 when you get them). Given the amount of fuss the devs made around it, you'd have expected it to be available in the game for longer time.
"Mwa ha ha, you fools, IT all was A TRAP!!!"