Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Infinite Repair Loop

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ThePasserby
04.26.2013 , 01:22 PM | #21
So, I stopped the Launcher and deleted the files you listed and ran the Launcher again. It's now saying it's repairing 12 files. Before I stopped it, it was repairing 11. Not sure if this is an improvement.

This is the most recent log.

Spoiler

Cerimon
04.26.2013 , 02:38 PM | #22 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
ThePasserby,

Please confirm you have successfully run Chkdsk on your D:\ drive.

Please use the appropriate link below for information on how to boot your computer in Safe Mode with Networking. Please try again to patch the game while booted in this mode.

Windows 8: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IE/w...ding-safe-mode

Windows 7: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...r-in-safe-mode

Windows Vista: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-AU/w...r-in-safe-mode

Windows XP: http://www.microsoft.com/resources/d....mspx?mfr=true

Do post again if you still have an issue.

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

ThePasserby
04.26.2013 , 03:00 PM | #23
Yes, I have run chkdsk before your first reply.

And I am already in Safe Mode with Networking. From the very first post of this thread, I have been in safe Mode with Networking and patching.

ThePasserby
04.26.2013 , 03:42 PM | #24
I'm scheduled to main tank in less than 5 hours. If I have to miss that because of this Launcher thing, it is over.

ThePasserby
04.26.2013 , 03:49 PM | #25
If the files you listed were the ones I'm having trouble with, would getting those files from someone else solve the problem?

Cerimon
04.26.2013 , 04:15 PM | #26 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
ThePasserby,

If they have the game up to date with the current patch, then yes. Actually, let me double check....yes that should help. We usually advise players to only get their game files via the launcher though.

ThePasserby
04.26.2013 , 04:40 PM | #27
I just checked and all the problem files you listed have been replaced through the Launcher except

Assets/swtor_main_area_makeb_1.tor

The Launcher is still repairing 12 files and the bar has moved about a quarter of the way through during the last 3 hours.

So, below is the latest log.

Are there any other problem files?

Also, if I can get someone who has the game up to date to send me the files, which files do they have to send?

Spoiler

ThePasserby
04.26.2013 , 05:33 PM | #28
And the Launcher started installing, stopped and now it wants to repair 6 files.

Running in Safe Mode with Networking does not seem to work but has caused me to be unable to use my computer for anything other than web surfing.

In less than 3 hours, I'll have to miss my raid, and then I'm cancelling. I've had enough. No one has been able to solve my problem. There's no way I'm going to put myself through this every patch.

Spoiler

Cerimon
04.26.2013 , 05:39 PM | #29 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
ThePasserby,

There are two options at this point.
1) Let the patching process finish, and this may not be sucessful; or...
2) At this point there are entries in your launcher log that indicate your installation is pretty broken and may need to be fully uninstalled and reinstalled. I realize this is not what you want to hear but this is not something we advise often.

ThePasserby
04.26.2013 , 05:46 PM | #30
I have already reinstalled the game once before due to this endless repairing. And the reinstall has not helped in anyway.

How am I supposed to know that this time it will work?

I've followed your instructions to other players to go into Safe Mode with Networking. I've done chkdsk. And the result hasn't been any better than when I waited to let the game patch and repair over 3 days or more.

And this is already far and beyond what I have to do to patch other MMORPGs. I've neverhad this kind of problems with other games. Only this.