Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Infinite Repair Loop

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ThePasserby
04.26.2013 , 01:36 AM | #1
The Launcher keeps asking for Repairs. It's been two days of patching now and it's still going on. Below is the most recent log.

Spoiler

Can I get a reply on this?

OwenBrooks
04.26.2013 , 01:42 AM | #2
Have you run a chkdsk on the game drive at all ?

Windows key + R then type CMD (push enter)

Type chkdsk c: /f (presuming game is installed on C drive) (check C as well if it isn't your game drive)

ThePasserby
04.26.2013 , 01:53 AM | #3
It says chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. I'm right now also having the Launcher Repair 10 files. Could this be the process that's preventing chkdsk from running?

The game is installed in D:\ , a partition of the internal hard disk.

OwenBrooks
04.26.2013 , 01:55 AM | #4
Yes , chkdsk should schedule to run on the next bootup if you say yes to running it.

run chkdsk on c and d partitions

ThePasserby
04.26.2013 , 01:58 AM | #5
So, I shouldn't close the launcher, right? It took hours to get to where it is now.

OwenBrooks
04.26.2013 , 02:07 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by ThePasserby View Post
So, I shouldn't close the launcher, right? It took hours to get to where it is now.
If you think it has a chance of succeeding let the launcher keep patching

ThePasserby
04.26.2013 , 02:15 AM | #7
I've had this problem for the past few patches that involve huge updates, or those that include updates to the Cartel Market.

The launcher would eventually repair everything and the game would run, but at the cost of 2 to 3 days of constant patching and repairing. So I think even if I don't do anything now, the game would still run, eventually. But I need to get this fixed so that I won't have to make the decision of enduring this for the sake of my guild mates or simply cancel my subscription and be done with this hassle once and for all. Needless to say, I'd much prefer getting to the root of the problem so that I won't have to cancel my subscription.

OwenBrooks
04.26.2013 , 02:19 AM | #8
If it patches, run the chkdsk afterwards anyway, this will check for file system errors and fix them.

if chkdsk finds an error you may need to run the repair again on the launcher

ThePasserby
04.26.2013 , 02:27 AM | #9
So if chkdsk finds some errors and fixes it, I should force the launcher to repair even if I can play the game?

OwenBrooks
04.26.2013 , 02:30 AM | #10
I would just to be safe, but it may not find anything, if it doesn't find anything I would run memtest 86+ for 5 or 6 passes to be certain your ram is ok.

The fact your patch works eventually may mean it is working its way around a file system error though.