Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Account cancelled and why

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Account cancelled and why

foxmob
04.26.2013 , 02:19 PM | #101
to be honest, what angers me is the fact that the devs seem to take some the the least serious issues very seriously. for instance, ppl complain that they draw the same one or two WZs for 3-6 straight pops. that's purely a reflection of the number of ppl in Q. I was a lowly English major, and I understand the mathematics behind that. but ok. whatever. my point is that there've been 2 dev posts on the subject.

what about the numerous bolster issues, such as the augment trick? or how about the fact that pve gear is still bolstered to better stats than partisan? no. they announce how seriously they're taking the "issue" of random WZs. wow. really?

how about this: why the hell does it wipe the set bonus from a new armoring if you try to overwrite the armoring that exists on a piece of gear?

why can't I RE the new orange crafted gear I make with my synth/armor, which actually costs MORE mats to craft than the useless green/blue/purple stuff that is only good for producing aug kit mats?

even balance issues are more pressing than the non-issue of random WZ draws. christ. priorities!
Krackerjack/Deinon/Antiphon
JC -- Harb -- TEH

Natharon
04.26.2013 , 04:11 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by biowareftw View Post
Generic I quite complain thread.
Harumph!
♠THE NATHARON LEGACY♠
I Didn't Win The Blue Ribbon, But It Is In My Possession.
<WEAPONS OF WAR>

Eillack
04.26.2013 , 05:34 PM | #103
Lol the OP actually made some semi-decent reasons to leaving. Looks like typical PvP player responses that are just reading the title.

redarmour
05.05.2013 , 10:49 AM | #104
I whould like to design my own armor to make my player look more original thats all

Technohic
05.05.2013 , 11:47 AM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Vampirius View Post
/agree with the OP.
/signed and cancelled.
They need to expand the hell out of their PVP team.

My sub expires in 10 days. I have two toons almost done with Makeb, so I will be finished by then, and ready to play other games. At this point, in my opinion, PVP needs more attention and more intense internal testing from devs. Bolster has failed five times in a row (4 hotfixes plus the original failure itself). They need to hire players who PVP in SWTOR themselves to be devs.

As someone who strictly does PVP in SWTOR, I can tell you within 5 seconds if bolster is still broken after a patch. We need devs who can do the same, at minimum. Honestly, if I am going to play a game that doesn't have PVP progression, it's going to be GW2, because that was at least their initial design intent.

Bioware, if you need time to figure things out, or some major suggestion to un-sink your battleship, it's three things:
#1 Issue an apology or statement.
#2 Revert Bolster to 1.7 levels, or simply remove it entirely.
#3 Add level 55 recruit gear.
/problem solved.
TBH; it has nothing to do with bolster for me. They could completely remove it and go back to a recruit gear system; even one where recruit gear was decent enough. Problem would still remain that PvP is clearly not important to them and they would rather NOT have dedicated PvP players.

PVP in this game is clearly meant to just be a mini-game for players who are for the most part; PvE players otherwise. It's time to hear what the devs are telling the PvPers and accept it.

evilmoka
05.05.2013 , 12:18 PM | #106
I am about to quit too, especially since the biggest deciding factor on winning a warzone is how many smashers are on the team. Not only that but juggs can ignore roots and with obliterate. What's the point of calling it a root if it doesn't root? Why are they immune to everything and have an aoe 500% better than any other class on almost no cooldown?

DarthWoad
05.05.2013 , 12:35 PM | #107
I'm getting bored of PvP now too.

And you can easily tell in this thread who the fanboys are..theyd do anything to defend this game.
Founder of The Old Republic
700 million credits and counting

Want 7 days free subscription? Click here

MotorCityMan
05.05.2013 , 12:49 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
In the original versions of Little Red Riding Hood, the girl and the wolf eat grandma together.

Isislol
05.05.2013 , 12:51 PM | #109
Broken bolster, no new WZs, queue times getting longer. Welcome to patch 2.0. Subscription expires in few days and I won't be renewing till they at least fix bolster.

Macroeconomics
05.06.2013 , 01:06 AM | #110
I can sympathize with the OP.

But claiming that pvp isn't important to BW is incorrect. In fact the entire rationale for Bolster shows that pvp is important. PvP is the one facet of the game that, if the player likes it, will convert him into a paying sub. Which is why BW tried to make pvp so accessible to casual players. It just turned out that they failed at the implementation. And give up on the free gear idea. That failed with Recruit Mk-1 & Mk-2. People didn't use it. It was free and they still didn't use it. I know, I know.... but that's the reality of the situation....

Unfortunately I am skeptical that the bigger pvp issues will ever be fixed.

X-server pvp? No, the game engine makes it too hard to implement.

Better class balance? No, they have one person assigned to that, which is insufficient to do anything other than read weekly automated meta average reports. And we all know how that has failed.

New pvp content? Two new warzones in 18 months. Not enough programming resources for more than that. If that can be sustained going forward.

Open world pvp? Same problem. Can't devote more programming resources to make it happen without bigger subscriber and revenue numbers. Can't get bigger revenues numbers without more content. Chicken. Egg.