Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

*Points of Concern*

TaylorNova
04.26.2013 , 02:03 PM | #21
Spoe, That gaming mouse Looks the business, lately Logitech products have improved somewhat to what they were like several years ago.

I prefer it being Light weight anyway for me, The reviewer who says it cuts out, probably hasnt got it set up right.
The more data These spherical items need to input, there demands are greater, Therefor if i buy it next week, it will go into my new USB2 powered Hub that connects to the hi-speed port on the rear of computer. I use the new powered hub for external H/D and the flight controls, and works a treat.

Cheers

Dallayna
04.26.2013 , 05:18 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by TaylorNova View Post
Hi Dallayna & SpoeMeister

Sorry for delay in reply today, RL you know

Dallayana I am indebted to your knowledge of how you get round the problem of painful keyboard use.

Although the steps you have outlined seem simplicity to you, im not use to keybindings much, But have used
The interface keybind menu to change Jump key to assign it to Press down the scroll button on Mouse, which has made jumping over obstacles and enemies Much easier, instead of using the keyboard.

So I guess, This is going to teach me a lot about key bindings, which , along with SpoeMeister's Tutorial on Reverse engineering, I have quite a bit to do and put into practice.
First, the bindings sound far more difficult than they are. Basically? Just hit esc, and play with what clicking on "Interface Editor" pulls up and play a little more with the inteface keybind menu that you've already used before- you're just doing more buttons. Everything should be labeled for you when you get in there. Again, take your time and don't be afraid to experiment and practice a little at your own pace. And, I think that Tython is a wonderful place to start. In fact, I often go down to a "gray level" whenever I'm trying out a new layout or something until I can get used to it.

Actually my Argos bought, black piano finish keyboard, with short indented keys has made life easier, the old fashioned high block keys types I can't use now anyway. This old Board is now a good Three years, and want to buy this one, as its a mini one. ( damn this thumb joint..wince) A smaller keyboard, is ideal for me, so I dont have to stretch my fingers as far, Unfortunately Amazon uk is out of this, until new stock arrives.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Using Number keys, seems to be a solution to my problem, especially as they are near the arrow keys I use for movements. I have copied the instructions to Wordpad, so I can sit somewhere quite like Tython, so I can start putting my skills the way you have indicated, also, I can try them out on the low level NPCs there to get the feel of how they all going to work.

On the matter of upgrades, I learn't the hard way, being in WoW all those years at lvl 42 Paladin, that armour needs to be kept up to 80% most of the time to avoid early defeats and higher repair costs. Although I must say, I amassed quite a lot of money in WoW, and was never short, Not like I seem to be here on a daily basis. I was in a guild for a year, But unlike here, any efforts and reputation, and "capture Flag zones" earn't you Guild Credits.
Too true! But, what I do when I need credits is that I just have my character standing in a Cantina somewhere and send out my companions for materials. Once I get enough, I drop them onto the GTN. This helps me build up some credits that allows me to go into crafting when my hands are really bad (you know those days too I'm sure) because at least I'm making some sort of progress on my character even if it's not XP.

For some reason, reputation is not the same here, its not like, say I have "revered"status in Taris, Reputation seemed to be geared to something entirely differant. Anyway, it must be said, I dont Join Guilds or groups here if possible, because, the simple reason, is, My hands are not quick enough to keep up with youngsters probably with hi tech gaming keyboards and the like.
Yeah, I'm not much for FPs and OPS either for the same reason. Still, I can say that once you get things more comfortable, you will notice that you are doing far better than you were as far as that speed goes- I know that I did.

As I explained earlier I really enjoyed playing my Jedi Sage, now lvl 19, I find the storyline, after saving my jedi Master/Mistress from The "plague master's" illness quite spiritual and as a Seer /healer as a Lycan for 4 years in Second life, Its really where my calling is. BUT, having put so much into my main Alice Trooper, and being assigned three new members of Havoc Squad to me, It would be silly to give Alice T up, I will play both still, hopefully using the same new keybindings you have outlined.

Both keyboard and my small Microsoft optical mouse has seen better days, after over 2 years continued use, But finances are tight once more at the moment, although I could afford that mini keyboard.

A gaming mouse as SpoeMeister spoke of, would probably be quite expensive.

For the weekend I am going to have more fun with my Jedi Sage, My trooper is doing quite hard missions now, and really, my thumb as I speak is crying out for rest, My partner thinks a thumb joint support would help, But no idea if it would be a help or a hindrance.

Dallayna Thanks again for the tips, I know you feel my frustration and, we probably wince most of the time using keyboards
Yes, yes, I do. And, as far as thumb joint support is concerned.... I use this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Futuro-Delux...o+thumb+splint

There are other and better looking brands but those have been an absolute blessing to me not just in gaming but in just general day-to-day life. My only "trick" with those is that I have two sizes. One for normal activity and another set one size larger that I wear when I'm gaming and my hands are getting annoyed. The larger size still supports me a bit but allows for far more movement then the correct one does.

Your both welcome to add me, and see how it goes.

AliceTvirus ------------- (Taylor-Nova) (legacy name) LVL 32 Republic Trooper
Aliceafterlife ------------ (TaylorNova) LVL 19 Jedi Sage

yes, I am a huge fan of Resident Evil, and Mila (Alice) is who I try to portray in my game play, She may kick ***, and is a tough Cookie, But she has her compassionate side, Which is why she continues to rise into the Blue light side of the force.

Many thanks for all the help given, its all on a notepad so i can learn it all at my own pace.

See you over the weekend I hope)

Regards Alice X
Unfortunately, I am over at Bergren's but, you know what? I'm getting a little cramped character-slot wise. Maybe I'll head on over to yours and roll something new this weekend? I mean, it does have a whole 12 slots just awaiting for me to play with....

Holler anytime Alice,
Dallayna

TaylorNova
04.27.2013 , 05:35 AM | #23
hello Dallayna ,

I checked out that Thumb support, and looks a lot better than some of the rather cheap and basic ones sold in
Chemists and Mobility stores.

Of course this one is rather higher price, however I notice its a 2 pack, but as they say, You get what you pay for!

Now, the problem is, what is more important, The logitech gaming mouse first or the Support, due to our lovely UK government cocking up my DLA last week, and reducing it,( By mistake I must add), I can only afford one or the other.

I think, if Im going to start keybindings, then, the mouse maybe should come first, so at least, when that's sorted, ready for use, then get the support another time. Today, I will continue my training with Spoe, and do the basic keybindings as you outlined above, until the mouse arrives,Then all I have to do is alter just a few to set to the buttons on the mouse.

Once Again, its been a pleasure to meet both you and SpoeMeister.

In fact I met Spoemaster last night,at the GTM and, mate, you really deserve a Gold Commendation, for helping me with credits, But also, for taking time, to trade with me, soon some objects That I hope to learn how to modify, Im also honoured to be invited into your Guild, and I know my young friend Babelon whos only 18, from Sweden, who I been helping a while now, is really excited to be also invited to Spoe-masters Guild. he's a keen 24 jedi, But has to study all week, so his time online is limited.

His parents are not willing to let him buy anything in Star Wars, so out of my cartel Coins allowance, I bought another newcomers pack, and traded him the speeder, the skill and the XP boost. He was finding it hard in Taris to get around, and because he treats me with respect and hardly ever moans, I was more than happy to help him get his first speeder, and we have done many missions already, that have benefited us both.

Dallayna , It would be great to meet you in-World, if you ever get into " Tomb of Freedon Nadd", we should all meet up in Tython and have a barbeque

But honestly, In all the combat games I have played over many years, which include Second life, WoW, "Dark Orbit" EVE online (to hi tech for me), Command & conquer Online, and That cash cow Evony, I never had such effort put into any of my Questions, than here.

Although a bit cliche to say, I believe my meeting of you and Spoemaster was the will of the force, and I for one am quite willing to go along with the spirit of the Star Wars ideals, and Im not afraid to call Spoe my new Master, because that;s what he is, And Expect to work hard under his apprenticeship and do him Proud.

I know, sounds terribly Corny, but Thats Just me, always taking things to the limit, and I do get involved at a deep level in this sort of game, I mean, after all I am a Gemini, What else do you expect from a person of that Zodiac Sign.

See you in game

regards Both Alice's

SpoeMeister
04.27.2013 , 06:44 AM | #24
The honor was all mine. I'll be logging in in a couple of hours. Maybe I'll see you there :-)
Everything will be OK in the end. If it's not OK, it's not yet the end.

Spivak Legacy (ToFN)
SpoeMeister Orrusos Do'chan Nadobo

Dallayna
04.27.2013 , 10:49 AM | #25
hello Dallayna ,

I checked out that Thumb support, and looks a lot better than some of the rather cheap and basic ones sold in
Chemists and Mobility stores.

Of course this one is rather higher price, however I notice its a 2 pack, but as they say, You get what you pay for!

Now, the problem is, what is more important, The logitech gaming mouse first or the Support, due to our lovely UK government cocking up my DLA last week, and reducing it,( By mistake I must add), I can only afford one or the other.

I think, if Im going to start keybindings, then, the mouse maybe should come first, so at least, when that's sorted, ready for use, then get the support another time. Today, I will continue my training with Spoe, and do the basic keybindings as you outlined above, until the mouse arrives,Then all I have to do is alter just a few to set to the buttons on the mouse.

Once Again, its been a pleasure to meet both you and SpoeMeister.
The pleasure is also mine. And, I would probably go with the mouse too since you know that the mouse will help but you aren't sure that the brace will. Heh.

If you do get the brace, fair warning on that one, they are very stiff right out of the box and take a while to break in. Once they do though, they're pretty comfy- for me at least. As ever and always YMMV. But, if you are going to try them I figure that I should warn you that the last time I had to buy some, I just had the beloved wash them and beat them up a bit before I even put them on and that helped actually.

As for time spent on your problem? Meh. Dude! I had to work a lot of this stuff out for myself because I love gaming, I love games and it was really heartbreaking when they first told me that I could never play them again so, I set out to prove them wrong and find games that I could still play. So, for me, it's actually been really nice coming across a fellow player who's got similar problems that I have.

And speaking of... I've got a whole list of Wii and DS games and tips for playing those easier if you've ever a mind to turn your attention to consoles....

See ya around,
Dallayna

TaylorNova
04.27.2013 , 12:17 PM | #26
have to reply and , say well done you , Doctors these days, Just want to write you off, mine gives me hardly any support at all, only saying Im to young to have a new hip, it will wear out to soon, wait for the technology to improve!!

He hasn't got to live every day, trying to even open a bottle of fizzy drink without a darn Nut cracker

I have made some progress today, yes in the quite of Tython, I keybinded the first two slots, I dont need a third at the momment. yes, it will take a time to remember not to click all the time , But new mouse, when I get it, I would like to try set up to use it for steering myself about, my main problem is supporting the right thumb joint, while using the arrow keys to move, Im sure WoW I moved around with the mouse, But can't remember now.

Anyway, I ditched the Scavenging and learnt Diplomacy, to go with The Bio analysis & Bio chem, I went back to the Bio Chem trainer, and lo and behold, I found myself with a blueprint for a Surgeons medpack, now I can see how this works now, just collect first aid boxes, Goo and one other compound and Im away.

The many Modification items that my new master gave me, I haven't touched yet, as need him to see me though the first process of manufacturing something, and this reverse engineering.

So, I have my slots set up, grouped into "close combat" "Mid point" and then long ranged stuff. I have med packs,stims, recharge, and 4 other actions on C1 C2 etc. Thanks for all that information.

My young Jedi friend Babelonus did go into Tatooine, this morning, I joined him until 5pm, then got dinner, he thought he could walk/ speed through the desert, and found, a steep learning curve that is tatooine, that you need to open up as many outposts as possible to get to missions, The Tuscans /sand people, we took care of together, But, if he tried to take a group of them on his own at lvl 24, he would surely get trodden on.

The usual rantings by people scared of the pvp Siths roaming about Tatooine make it a dangerous place, But I Like the canyons and the scenery, What I will find on makeb and Hoth when I get higher rank im looking foreword too. I pre ordered the "Hutt cartel", although its not really worth going there yet, until I near lvl 50, its there when I am ready.

Its nice you have an understanding partner like mine, But I am sure she gets frustrated at times, we was hoping to go around with a caravan touring once retired and get another garden going, but them days at the moment are not realistic, and I know my limitations now. Sad but True...

Its great to know you, and I too play Ps3 games, at times, albiet, the right hand joystick gives me absolute agony, But dammit, if we give up, then we admit to being beaten. I wish I could use Iburufen capsules to ease the pain, unfortunately im allergic to it, I have tried the gel, but has little effect.

You keep up your gaming as long as possible, I am told, even if its painful, its better to use and excercise the joints than not use them at all, which would lead them being even weaker.

Hope catch you over weekend, Im in Tatooine at this time. but if Master comes online, might be training , smiles, Quite fun huh??

C ya hun

Alice

TaylorNova
04.28.2013 , 05:23 AM | #27
Last Run on this thread guys, thanks for every one who contributed.

I decided to buy myself this programmable mouse, as its supposed to be a top range new entry item into Amazon UK
at a price many can not believe, I also like the ergonomic look of it., plus The amount of changes You can make to it is amazing. My own Light up Darth Vadar sabre Mouse

Cant wait to see if it will live up to its expectations. Its due By Wednesday 24th , Hold the presses

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

SpoeMeister
04.28.2013 , 06:10 AM | #28
Last Run on this thread guys, thanks for every one who contributed.

I decided to buy myself this programmable mouse, as its supposed to be a top range new entry item into Amazon UK
at a price many can not believe, I also like the ergonomic look of it., plus The amount of changes You can make to it is amazing. My own Light up Darth Vadar sabre Mouse

Cant wait to see if it will live up to its expectations. Its due By Wednesday 24th , Hold the presses

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
It looks very good indeed, but it is a right-handed mouse. I'll hear what you think of it :-)
Everything will be OK in the end. If it's not OK, it's not yet the end.

Spivak Legacy (ToFN)
SpoeMeister Orrusos Do'chan Nadobo