Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Deceptive Patch Notes ||--> Read Bioware <--||

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sentinel / Marauder
Deceptive Patch Notes ||--> Read Bioware <--||
 

Seengularity's Avatar


Seengularity
04.24.2013 , 09:11 PM | #1
You changed a spec specific Marauder ability with 2.0.1 - Why change it in the first place? Why not put it in patch notes? why not fix the problems that tree has instead? To ninja nerf/buff specs and classes and not document it only shows the type of deceptive business that's being run here; and I'm fairly sure this has been done several times. Why not just come clean and say s***s outta control and you can't handle it? Ask for help?

After the changes you made in 2.0 (independent of how I feel about it), you made it very frustrating for anyone that plays non-stealth melee, period. Please put back what you changed, revisit balance of melee vs ranged classes and see if it needs adjusting.

PS:
I play marauder or I don't play at all; Your patch notes are worth NOTHING, and I'm on the verge of g-t-f-otta here.

-Seeng

Andrew_Past's Avatar


Andrew_Past
04.24.2013 , 09:50 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Seengularity View Post
You changed a spec specific Marauder ability with 2.0.1 - Why change it in the first place? Why not put it in patch notes? why not fix the problems that tree has instead? To ninja nerf/buff specs and classes and not document it only shows the type of deceptive business that's being run here; and I'm fairly sure this has been done several times. Why not just come clean and say s***s outta control and you can't handle it? Ask for help?

After the changes you made in 2.0 (independent of how I feel about it), you made it very frustrating for anyone that plays non-stealth melee, period. Please put back what you changed, revisit balance of melee vs ranged classes and see if it needs adjusting.

PS:
I play marauder or I don't play at all; Your patch notes are worth NOTHING, and I'm on the verge of g-t-f-otta here.

-Seeng
What ninja nerf are you talking about?
And'rew - Guardian || And'ria - Sentinel || Praeteria - Juggernaut
The Past Legacy || POT5, Fatman Native
First Guardian Representative
AndrewPast - Twitch

Lafay's Avatar


Lafay
04.24.2013 , 11:10 PM | #3
I dont know but have you guys noticed you cant force camo when you are under the effects of electronet?.... lame

or at least I think thats what it was.

Seengularity's Avatar


Seengularity
04.25.2013 , 02:15 AM | #4
Not being able to camo when electro net is on you is intended. The tool tip specifies that it prevents the target from using escape abilities. No leap, no vanish for stealthties no roll for snipers etc.

My message is to Bioware, and they know what they changed. I also want the community to know that things are being changed and are NOT being detailed in patch notes; and restate that I'm 100% sure about this. I'm surprised no other marauder noticed this tbh, but I believe more that they just remain silent, because after all, no Bio-rep is gonna come out and admit to any of it here (this thread might even be closed).

I may come back here later and post what changed.

Nightkin's Avatar


Nightkin
04.25.2013 , 02:37 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Lafay View Post
I dont know but have you guys noticed you cant force camo when you are under the effects of electronet?.... lame

or at least I think thats what it was.
I always save my net for whiny little smashtards, the tears are nectar to me <3
My videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WatcherEight?feature=watch
http://www.twitch.tv/watchertofn

Watcher 1-15 - Tomb of Freedon Nadd: Guild: DRAMA

Lafay's Avatar


Lafay
04.25.2013 , 06:36 AM | #6
well? i unfortunatly am at work so i cant test this ninja-nerf, please explain.

Also, if i get electronet, i will make sure that merc dies first the rest of the match to make up for it, that usually teaches them to leave me alone

Aetideus's Avatar


Aetideus
04.25.2013 , 06:41 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Lafay View Post
well? i unfortunatly am at work so i cant test this ninja-nerf, please explain.

Also, if i get electronet, i will make sure that merc dies first the rest of the match to make up for it, that usually teaches them to leave me alone
I have a merc and a mara and I can assure that E N is certain death in most cases. And Assins <3

Lafay's Avatar


Lafay
04.25.2013 , 07:39 AM | #8
Might you be talking about not being able to carry your deadly saber bleeds anymore? I never really tried to keep the stack active by screams and smashes but i hear some did. no more.

Thundergulch's Avatar


Thundergulch
04.25.2013 , 07:48 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Seengularity View Post
Not being able to camo when electro net is on you is intended. The tool tip specifies that it prevents the target from using escape abilities. No leap, no vanish for stealthties no roll for snipers etc.

My message is to Bioware, and they know what they changed. I also want the community to know that things are being changed and are NOT being detailed in patch notes; and restate that I'm 100% sure about this. I'm surprised no other marauder noticed this tbh, but I believe more that they just remain silent, because after all, no Bio-rep is gonna come out and admit to any of it here (this thread might even be closed).

I may come back here later and post what changed.
If it's so terrible and your post is only directed to Bioware, why do you post it on here? Because you want attention?
If you want to contact BW directly, the forums are not the way to go about it.

Sine_Nomen's Avatar


Sine_Nomen
04.25.2013 , 12:31 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Seengularity View Post
I also want the community to know that things are being changed and are NOT being detailed in patch notes
Then tell us what you think changed in this case. Anyone who reads the patch notes regularly should be aware that they aren't entirely comprehensive - though specific class mechanics are not the typical type of omission.
Quote: Originally Posted by Seengularity View Post
and restate that I'm 100% sure about this.
I hope your 100% certainty accompanies 100% accuracy, but that remains to be seen.
(on a comedic note, tabloid talk show guests consistently know that they are 110% not that baby's daddy - tragically, not all of them are right)
Quote: Originally Posted by Seengularity View Post
I'm surprised no other marauder noticed this tbh, but I believe more that they just remain silent, because after all, no Bio-rep is gonna come out and admit to any of it here (this thread might even be closed).
Again, if we didn't have to play 20 questions to determine if we've noticed the same thing, perhaps you'd have vocal support.

edt: in regard to this thread being directed at Bioware, it may be worth noting that responses in the forums are typically from community managers, not developers. Chances are they don't know what you're on about.