Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Roll needs a nerf

jgoldsack
04.24.2013 , 12:37 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Jayshames View Post
It's not difficult for an Assassin/Shadow to stealth to end, plant it, walk back to mid and wait.
I don't believe I said it was difficult. I simply stated the number of limitations to its use.
On the Internet, you can be anything you want. It is strange so many people choose to be stupid.

JeffSantos
04.24.2013 , 12:42 PM | #32
Seriously? You all need to learn how to pvp without complaining all the time. Not saying that this game is balanced, but common, people can't see one damn class with a good skill that starts claiming for nerfs. Operative rolls are just fine. It gives them a good advtange? Of course it does. Will it make you to be immortal, carry the ball on huttball with no chance for the opposing team to defend or anything like that? No, it wont, unless you and your team have no idea how to pvp.

Rolls cost is high, to use them without consuming all your energy you have to wait at least 3 seconds between each roll. So, to use 2 rolls and cross 24m, you'll have to wait 6s at least. If in 6 seconds your team cant pull/snare/whatever the damn operative, seriously, start playing pve, because pvp is not for you.
The Corleone Legacy
Sofia'coppola / David'fincher / Al'paccino / A few useless others
POT5 / The Harbinger

stringcat
04.24.2013 , 12:42 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by jgoldsack View Post
Incorrect.

First, one has to get to the end zone to drop the marker. Second, one cannot drop it on the end zone, but close. Third, everyone can see the spot marked. Fourth, is goes away when the player dies. Fifth, it has a 45 second cooldown from use.
1. Getting to the endzone as a stealther is easypeasy.
2. But wait, shadows are still OP in huttball. Force speed and force shroud will get you the rest of the way.
3. Who cares?
Quote:
There are so many limitations to it that the actual use of it in huttball is quite limited as far as scoring goes. It is more useful as a defensive tool than anything else.
So why are you still whining about it?
Quote:
EDIT: BTW I fully understand why I can't carry with phasewalk. But just like roll has counters, so does phasewalk. So the "L2P" argument can apply to that as well.
Then why are you still trolling? And no, it wouldn't. It's not like the marked spot can be cleansed. Someone could camp the spot...except assassins are OP and have force speed and force shroud . And yeah, having someone forced to camp the spot just in case the assassin got the ball would be OP.

So no. No it wouldn't. Get over the fact that other classes are useful in huttball.
Valiya Illegal Test Kitchen The Bastion

AdmiralOnasi
04.24.2013 , 12:44 PM | #34
People are still whining about this?

Skylancewalker
04.24.2013 , 12:46 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Coldin View Post
Okay. If you can't roll with the ball, then you can't jump or sprint either. Sound fair?
So you compare it to a jump and a sprint... A. Jumping to a target infront of you requires a stupid teammate allowing them to. Minus Guardian leap. Sprint is on a CD and can be used what every 20 seconds. Logic is failed if you compare it to someone rolling across the entire map lagging everyone.

jgoldsack
04.24.2013 , 12:50 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by stringcat View Post
So no. No it wouldn't. Get over the fact that other classes are useful in huttball.
I love that most classes have more use in huttball... however I feel that rolling with the ball is OP, and should not be allowed. Just like I agree phasewalk with the ball is OP and should not be allowed.

What I don't understand is why 1 is allowed and the other is not.

I don;t recall a lot of threads about force speed dropping the ball, or pulls/leaps dropping the ball, or even force shroud dropping the ball... from what I can tell, people were fine with how those were done. People wanted more mobility for smugglers and agents, and that's what they got with roll. Mobility, a quick escape. It should not be a ball carrying ability.
On the Internet, you can be anything you want. It is strange so many people choose to be stupid.

Seireeni
04.24.2013 , 12:53 PM | #37
I love that most classes have more use in huttball... however I feel that rolling with the ball is OP, and should not be allowed. Just like I agree phasewalk with the ball is OP and should not be allowed.

What I don't understand is why 1 is allowed and the other is not.

I don;t recall a lot of threads about force speed dropping the ball, or pulls/leaps dropping the ball, or even force shroud dropping the ball... from what I can tell, people were fine with how those were done. People wanted more mobility for smugglers and agents, and that's what they got with roll. Mobility, a quick escape. It should not be a ball carrying ability.
One 6m roll wouldn't be too good of an escape, would it?

jgoldsack
04.24.2013 , 12:54 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Seireeni View Post
One 6m roll wouldn't be too good of an escape, would it?
No it wouldn't be, and I am not suggesting any change to the use ability of it.

Only that it drops the ball when used.

That's it.

Faltun
04.24.2013 , 01:04 PM | #39
roll as an ability I have no issue with. Nor do I have an issue with it in pvp normally... however...

I feel in huttball, it is way OP. Roll should drop the ball, much like how Phasewalk drops the ball when used. I have to drop my Phasewalk in order to use it, and endure a 45 second cooldown to use it again, but a smuggler has no cooldown on it (scoundrel of course), doesn't have to pre-place anything, and can carry the ball half the field... 8 rolls possible if they are able to replenish their energy. It is also faster than Force Speed, which makes them VERY hard, if not impossible to catch once they get on a roll...

That is the ONLY issue I have with roll. I do not understand why it can carry the ball, yet phasewalk cannot.

I await the "L2P" replies that i know will be coming. And yes, I even pvp with a scoundrel, and I feel it is way OP in huttball.
just need to slow, pull or stun him when operative gets the ball cuz they have no defense almost every class can 3 shoot them. dont compare roll and phasewalk. phasewalk is 60m teleport no way to pull or stun and assassin has great defense and konockback, sprint.

the other thing, Juggers they can jump to the enemy push and jump again then jump agin to his mate

jgoldsack
04.24.2013 , 01:16 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Faltun View Post
the other thing, Juggers they can jump to the enemy push and jump again then jump agin to his mate
just need to slow, pull or stun him.

That is pretty much a counter to anyone with the ball.

Assuming you can get to them. Those scoundrels can roll pretty far away in a short amount of time if you don't already have them targeted.