Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Roll needs a nerf

jgoldsack
04.24.2013 , 11:41 AM | #1
roll as an ability I have no issue with. Nor do I have an issue with it in pvp normally... however...

I feel in huttball, it is way OP. Roll should drop the ball, much like how Phasewalk drops the ball when used. I have to drop my Phasewalk in order to use it, and endure a 45 second cooldown to use it again, but a smuggler has no cooldown on it (scoundrel of course), doesn't have to pre-place anything, and can carry the ball half the field... 8 rolls possible if they are able to replenish their energy. It is also faster than Force Speed, which makes them VERY hard, if not impossible to catch once they get on a roll...

That is the ONLY issue I have with roll. I do not understand why it can carry the ball, yet phasewalk cannot.

I await the "L2P" replies that i know will be coming. And yes, I even pvp with a scoundrel, and I feel it is way OP in huttball.
On the Internet, you can be anything you want. It is strange so many people choose to be stupid.

Cretinus
04.24.2013 , 11:49 AM | #2
To allow roll while carrying the ball is the most absurd feature this game ever had. The first time I saw it, I had to let my team mates convince me that it's working as intended. It's so stupidly off the charts that I thought that it's an exploit, or at least a bug.
nerf operatives

Rabelle
04.24.2013 , 11:50 AM | #3
It will be nerfed at some point I'm quite sure but BW typically operates on a 6-8 months recurring interval when it comes to these things.

I fully expect it to have a 6 seconds CD around Christmas.
Héx - Sorcerer The Red Eclipse

AngusFTW
04.24.2013 , 11:52 AM | #4
The nerf is that it bugs out all the time and makes them leave wz
Tomb of Freedon Nadd
55s.
Bleezar, Bleezár. Bleezlórd. Bleezard. Bleezford, Bleeznaut, Bleezfatt,
Lowbies
Bleezbian, Bleezguard, Bleezdian

vid
twitch

Coldin
04.24.2013 , 11:53 AM | #5
Okay. If you can't roll with the ball, then you can't jump or sprint either. Sound fair?

Cretinus
04.24.2013 , 11:54 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Rabelle View Post
It will be nerfed at some point I'm quite sure but BW typically operates on a 6-8 months recurring interval when it comes to these things.

I fully expect it to have a 6 seconds CD around Christmas.
Not even talking about giving it a CD, but as long as it's spammable it should at least make you drop the ball. It's such a ridiculous I-win-feature that it's hard to believe that it's fully intentional the way it is.
nerf operatives

Cretinus
04.24.2013 , 11:55 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Coldin View Post
Okay. If you can't roll with the ball, then you can't jump or sprint either. Sound fair?
It's about being spammable, stop acting stupid on purpose. Jump and sprint have a CD.
nerf operatives

ML_DoubleTap
04.24.2013 , 11:56 AM | #8
I'm surprised nobody else has brought this up yet.
<Proper Villians> Rhees Bonkurz

<Army of Light> Tann'se Siir Atone Askar Grills

jgoldsack
04.24.2013 , 11:57 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Coldin View Post
Not spammable. There is a big difference.
On the Internet, you can be anything you want. It is strange so many people choose to be stupid.

ForsakenKing
04.24.2013 , 11:57 AM | #10
I have no idea why the roll needs to be nerfed in HB. Sure, a scoundrel will be the first to grab the ball but once you place a slow on them, that roll is worse than useless since it takes up so much energy and only moves you 6m. There are so many counters to the roll (not just slows). Any team getting beat solely by a rolling scoundrel would have lost anyway.

On a slight tangent, Guardians/Jugs are still the best ball carriers. No scoundrel roll is going to change that.