Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vice Commandant Pack results: 2 jawagrams

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Vice Commandant Pack results: 2 jawagrams

kenspeckle
04.24.2013 , 10:22 AM | #1
Some of the new pack items look really cool and so with great excitement I purchased a pack. My excitement is rewarded with 2 jawagrams, an exp bonus (I'm 55), and a CGI certificate. 2 jawagrams? Please BW, reconsider how you value jawagrams vs true items in these cartel packs. Jawagrams are cute, but when you receive them instead of a item of value they aren't cute.

It hurts the jawas b/c they feel undervalued, and it hurts BW because it makes players less likely to purchase packs when they might end up with nothing they perceive of value.

In the context of purchase card decks (I"ve seen people compare cartel packs with magic or pokemon packs) it would mean instead of playable cards you got a stickers. People wouldn't buy packs if the chances of getting stickers vs cards was high.

TLDR: Getting jawagrams in packs when they roll against legitimate items is LAME.

Darth_Exar
04.24.2013 , 10:27 AM | #2
I agree. I don't have any use for them and I have never used them. They are a pointless filler that was put in so that the chance to get an actual decent item decreased. Get rid of them. Id rather have pointless crafting materials that I can vendor.

EDIT: If the items were re-usable, I might consider keeping it, but it would still be pointless due to the amount you get with each pack.
"So this is how Liberty dies....With thunderous applause."

JPryde
04.24.2013 , 10:28 AM | #3
A few weeks ago, I suggested in the caretl section, that Jawagrams should never be taking a place of a rare slot.

Thank you for testing, as with this knowledge, I will not purchase any of the new packages. I want a guaranteed permanent item, not some consumable kiddie stuff, which got no place in StarWars anyway.
~~~ Macht Wächter ~~~
Vanjervalis Chain
Jhoira, Skarjis, Trântor, Ric-Xano, Sabri-torina, Tir-za, Shaina ...
We do not brake for Wookiees !

Skaol-dirtyd
04.24.2013 , 10:28 AM | #4
Sounds like your luck with packs is about as good as mine. That is why I have decided never to buy packs again. If I am going to gamble I will save it for my trips to Vegas.

In the meantime I will just use the GTN to get the things I like or want. I will leave the gambling on packs to those with better luck.
The Best Player Reward Program! That is how it is done right!

Drudenfusz
04.24.2013 , 10:28 AM | #5
Random packs are random.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Gwenya - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Jedi Shadow on Jar'Kai Sword
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

Kayasho
04.24.2013 , 10:29 AM | #6
same thing happened to me bought 2 and both gave me jawagrams an xp boost ( worthless since you get so many from doing bonus series quests), but i did get an armor forgot what it was called though
Kayasho - 54 Sentinel
Netorare- 55 Jugg

Capt_Beers
04.24.2013 , 10:36 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Drudenfusz View Post
Random packs are random.
However they aren't 100%. If they were it would be possible to get a pack with all gold rare items in ti. BW gives each tier of rarity a weight. I don't buy the packs myself but form what I understand Jawagrams are considered quite rare by BW event though they are basically useless so when you get one that is taking the spot of something else .
<FREE UGLY> - POT5 - <SUPER BADS>
Keith-Stone 55 Combat Medic | | CaptBeers 55 Arsenal | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | Keef-Stone 55 Infiltration | | Key'th 55 Pyrotech

Themanthatisi
04.24.2013 , 10:37 AM | #8
This was my last attempt, my wife and I feel burned getting useless consumables in rare slots.... We are no longer going to support this practice and BW lost a CM customer.

I am sure they read all the past complaints... and prove, they do not care.

Very disappointing

OddballEasyEight
04.24.2013 , 10:38 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Drudenfusz View Post
Random packs are random.
Sure they are, but a one-use jawagram should not take the place of an actual rare item.
Click here for free stuff.
Complaining about a problem without proposing a solution is called whining.
Click here to view my class storyline videos and preview blaster sounds

OddballEasyEight
04.24.2013 , 10:40 AM | #10
Actually, im pretty outraged about this to be honest.
Making it replace an actual item is shameful to say the least.

The jawagrams are "kinda cool", but they are not permanent items and they are not something that is considered "desirable" in any way so they shouldnt be considered to be part of the "rare items list".
Click here for free stuff.
Complaining about a problem without proposing a solution is called whining.
Click here to view my class storyline videos and preview blaster sounds