Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[BUG] Cademimu HM 55 Broken shackles

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Nyysjan
04.25.2013 , 01:29 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by SamuraBob_Fl View Post
I'd like to point out that the workaround doesn't work very well. The fight works best with the group against the wall. Spreading out led to the healer being knocked back into the fire and dying, causing a wipe.
I disagree, it's best to have the tank in the corner with the boss, and rest stay nearer to center/sides of the quadrant you are in, somewhat spread to avoid multiple shackles, and far enough form boss to avoid knockback.
The knockback has area of effect where it happens, so just stay further away from boss and you won't get knocked back.

And because tank never gets shackled (i think), aslong as tank does not loose agro, tank can escape safely and free any shackled people on the way out.
Quote: Originally Posted by CloudKiller View Post
Agent: "If you want a door smashed down call a Sith Warrior, if you want a door blow to pieces call a Bounty Hunter, if you want the key to the door and the knowledge of what lies beyond it then you call me."

smpatent
04.25.2013 , 04:07 AM | #22
The tank can easily end up shackled as well. Furthermore, the problem is not that multiple people end up shackled. The problem is that the people that get shackled by being adjacent to the target of the shackles can not be broken out of the shackles by the other group members. So yeah keep your healer back and have them run in and free everyone else is a workable strategy when the FP was actually not broken. However, currently the healer would only be able to free the actual target of the shackles and no one can free the other shackled group members leaving those members to die in flames if the shackles do not wear off or their stun breaker does not come off of cooldown before that portion of the room is lit on fire.

wainot-keel
04.25.2013 , 07:09 AM | #23
Yeah, it's really buggy. Tanked it yesterday with my Juggernaut. We wiped once and then did it in the 2nd try.
Fight can be chaotic already, this only adds up to it.

And how do you know who was the original target of the shackles if more than one gets it ? Am I missing some message ? I only see "<<player>> broke the shackles" (which is useless information at that point tbh ) but nothing else prior to that.

LarryRow
04.25.2013 , 07:16 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Nyysjan View Post
I disagree, it's best to have the tank in the corner with the boss, and rest stay nearer to center/sides of the quadrant you are in, somewhat spread to avoid multiple shackles, and far enough form boss to avoid knockback.
The knockback has area of effect where it happens, so just stay further away from boss and you won't get knocked back.
What ranged dps class do you play?
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

xkellyx
04.25.2013 , 10:18 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by wainot-keel View Post
And how do you know who was the original target of the shackles if more than one gets it ? Am I missing some message ? I only see "<<player>> broke the shackles" (which is useless information at that point tbh ) but nothing else prior to that.
You'll know because the original person can be freed. The others cannot. There is nothing to show who the original is up front. not that I know of.
All your are belong to us!

Soxbadger
04.25.2013 , 10:35 AM | #26
If you have a sorc/sage its possible to beat even when broken, but you are most likely going to spend a significant time with 2 dead allies depending on the luck of the shackle.

Im a healer, but for that fight I respecced hybrid and mainly just did a dps burn with very light healing. Seemed to make the fight significantly easier because the faster you kill him, the less amount of rockets have to fire.

But yeah the fight is annoying and we mainly did it just to say we could.

wainot-keel
04.25.2013 , 10:41 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by xkellyx View Post
You'll know because the original person can be freed. The others cannot. There is nothing to show who the original is up front. not that I know of.
Yeah, I know, but such information is only useful be before running towards someone, or in my case last night, interceding.

dscount
04.25.2013 , 01:39 PM | #28
Did this last night with Jugg Tank, Mara, Sniper & Op Healer.

TANK kept getting shackled and it didn't matter how many of us ran thru / around him. He would not unshackle.

Was all RNG to beat and skill beyond that of the planned instance.

PLEASE FIX THIS! Very annoyed at the repair bill for a BUG.

In some cases we have 3-4 shackled at the same time. (Seems a tad overboard? Maybe those in his immediate area should have an immune buff?)
Sage/Sorc Gate 2013 Combat DEV LOL Responses:
"...you must play defensively and make them pay for trying to kill you."
"...require a higher skill level than many players are comfortable with."

Nyysjan
04.25.2013 , 01:54 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by LarryRow View Post
What ranged dps class do you play?
Sniper, and no, i'm not over 30 meters from the boss.
I've never been knocked back as long as i've stood 20+ meters from him.
Might be just luck, but i think the knockback is only in melee or close to melee range.

edit-
Another good way to do it, i've found, is to have everyone except healer and me die, and i'll tank the boss while healer keeps me up, works like a charm.
Quote: Originally Posted by CloudKiller View Post
Agent: "If you want a door smashed down call a Sith Warrior, if you want a door blow to pieces call a Bounty Hunter, if you want the key to the door and the knowledge of what lies beyond it then you call me."

smpatent
04.25.2013 , 02:33 PM | #30
So are there any plans to actually fix this? Is there a patch coming to fix it? Why did the patch notes claim to be fixing a problem with hydraulic overides/ hold the line and breaking the shackles off of others (which I had not experienced when using hold the line on my vanguard dps) and instead break the fp to the point that we were getting up to three of our 4 party members in shackles that could not be broken.

Are we just supposed to queue and hope this instance doesn't come up or hope it somehow doesn't bug out? Or just hope the rng gods smile upon us and we never have to move out of the corner the party is trapped in by the bugged out shackles?