No Elite comms for heroic space missions

This is so stupid I can't begin to fathom the moron who came up with this idea. People will no longer ever have any reason to play any space missions after they hit 55.

Congrats in making space, once again, completely IRRELEVANT to this game. Completely stupid.

not to mention the cost of grade 7 space gear. Perhaps it is time to make all grade 7 schematics available to cyber-techs and the materials changed to things that are available pre 55. having the gear that is useless to a 55 require components only available in ops makes little sense.

Also taking away the credit awards for space mission bonuses? Why should we attempt to kill the elite ships, destroy the frigates, or any of those extras once the achievement is granted. Lowering the credit rewards for space missions was understandable but they should still award some credits for accomplishing things. At this time the only way to earn credits effectively is black hole. level 50-55 costs about 400k more than you earn leveling on makeb. I use to fly my daily space missions for that. now its not worth the time needed to do so.

Basically, its what was said above.

I am an avid supporter of the space missions, I like them and they are distracting. I have ten toons with all the ship 7 parts.

What they have done over the past month just pisses me off. The 2.0 patch notes stated that they were removing the monetary reward from doing space missions and increasing the amount awarded by completing the daily, it did not say that they were removing the reward from completing bonus missions. I used to make 12-18k credits and now I make 10k and spend 600 just to be able to do the damn mission.

That was strike one.

Now they took away the elite comms that I earned from the space missions. I want to know why. Why they keep removing incentives from doing space missions. Will they eventually make it so bad that there will be no incentive to play a space mission? I have 6000/10000 fleet comms, and nothing to spend it on.

Strike two.

Why are you guys punishing the people who do space missions so much? I hope this was just someone's shortsightedness that will be rectified.

Agree this is supposed to be 'STAR' Wars. Space should have kept these rewards, space should be a major part of this game anyway and not just a mini game that has become even more pointless.

I guess they wanted to cater to the small minority of super nerds that think rewards should only be given to no lifer raiders.

The 'Basic Comm increase' went up to three.

So in other words, you do a space mission...you get space comms, which are completely worthless at this time, and three Basic Comms.

I'm done with Space Missions. Grats Bioware...you made more people lose more interest in your product.

Really disappointing that this went through. I mean, 16 elite comms a week was too much? I outgeared basic comms within half a week of hitting 55. Those elite comms were just enough incentive to keep he doing the heroic space missions. I like those missions and think they are really well designed, but with all the other possible things to do with my limited play time, it's hard to do them when there is no substantial in-game reward.

Exactly. I fail to understand what they are doing here. I used to run the Heroic space missions on five characters and now have no reason to do so.

First they nerf the credit rewards.

Second, with 2.0 there is nothing worthwhile to spend our fleet comms on. Grade 8 crafting mat boxes and space suits?

Third they remove the 2 elite comm reward. You get a reward of 2 elite comms for bosses on HM 55 FP. You get a maximum of 2/day from the space missions, but can grind FP all day for elite comms. The space missions needed to have the elite comms removed!?!?

Edited by RandomXChance

This is so stupid I can't begin to fathom the moron who came up with this idea. People will no longer ever have any reason to play any space missions after they hit 55.

Congrats in making space, once again, completely IRRELEVANT to this game. Completely stupid.

This. It's not like 2 comms for a mission was completely breaking elite progression, it just gave people an actual solo avenue to get these items. Items that are not even top of the line.

In short, elite comms gave people a reason to bother with heroic space missions at all - once you are level 55 and no longer need the xp, there is now zero reason to do these. Irrelevant content is a really good way to put it.

If it is left this way, the fleet comms vendor needs MAJOR upgrades.

Edited by Asavrede

Yes same feelings here! I went from doing the heroic space mission dailys on 4 chars every day to maybe 1 a day now an that's just for a bit of free exp I can get without leaving my ship. I feel totally cheapened by this change. WAY less credits than enforce and now comm nerf?

These are HEROIC SPACE MISSIONS that not everyone could complete. Having adequate rewards have people something to strive for, now it's just a waste!

If you are doing space missions just for the tokens you might want to take a serious look at why you are running them in the first place. They are literally the among the worst rail shooters known to man, and boring beyond belief. You can't group up with people to do them, they have no plot, and there is no variation ever.

I still do level 50 flashpoints despite not needing the gear for three reasons: Its fun to heal and I love doing it, you meet interesting people who are interested in the same goals, and surprises sometimes happen. When a knockback throws you into a second group of enemies and everything is pure chaos for a few seconds until you pop cooldowns and crowd control and everything else and manage to survive (or not) - those are the truly fun moments of the game.

I believe this is the 6th or so thread on this subject I have seen.

Either 1. ea is really stupid and didn't realize they were making heroic space missions pointless or

2. they did this on purpose along with a few other changes that have ever so increasingly made heroic space pointless.

The reason behind 2 would be because they have decided they are dropping star fox. That they figured out if before they announce this if no one left actually did space, then no one would care.

3? It's possible that there is a 3 and that it is something in the works and will be released rather soon that will cause these changes to actually make sense. possible....

However if 3 is true they really need to spill some beans, and soon.

Edited by powpows

The 'Basic Comm increase' went up to three.

So in other words, you do a space mission...you get space comms, which are completely worthless at this time, and three Basic Comms.

I'm done with Space Missions. Grats Bioware...you made more people lose more interest in your product.

Actually, when I did the Boros Ambush today, I didn't even get that. I got Legacy points, and no comms (netiher Fleet nor basic), and no cash. Can't believe this is working as intended.

• 5 weeks later...

Not one to normally necro a thread...But after doing a few weeks, I feel that a compromise that can be fitting for this thread, and to the problem at hand, is if BW/EA implements correct rewards via fleet comms...

I would like to hear some more input about it though.

I'm bumping this as well just because BioWare needs to take a look at space missions.

To reiterate and summarize what's been said:

1) Comms needs to be upgraded to at least elite comms for some of the Heroic (if not all of the Heroic) missions.

2) Tier 7 gear was acknoldged by BW to be a mistake in being sold on the market. Please rectify this by releasing ALL of the schematics to cybertechs.

3) Fleet comms need to have an incentive for being used; there need to be new crafting rewards available. (Mass Manipulation Generators comes to mind; and no this is fine, with the new tier of 75 gear now out there's no sense in limiting crafting so much as it has been)

4) Reward players for completing bonus missions with something besides experience. Return credit rewards for completing bonus missions, or give scaling rewards at the end based on how many bonus parts of the mission you complete. (Scaling rewards is probably too hard to code, but I can dream can't I?)

I'm sure more work could be done on space; but these few things need to be addressed soon!

• 8 months later...