Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Seeker Droid...how does it work?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Seeker Droid...how does it work?

MoobooMagoo
04.27.2013 , 12:38 AM | #11
I just don't take any chances.

As soon as I drop a probe I run to that spot, that way it doesn't matter if it is from the player or the droid.
Explorer: 80% Achiever: 60% Killer: 47% Socializer: 13%

Daniel Erickson and the Amazing Technicolor Dream-Abs

olie-flight
04.27.2013 , 12:41 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by MoobooMagoo View Post

As soon as I drop a probe I run to that spot, that way it doesn't matter if it is from the player or the droid.
This ^^^^^^

RixoFutu
04.27.2013 , 12:43 AM | #13
Doesn't make sense that it is from player's location. It's seismic detector and logic says it has to show direction from dig site location, not player's position. BUT. That's what logic says. I really don't know how it is. So when i was digging, i just done it both ways and tried my luck.

I never find that pointing direction useful at all though.
"Once, I thought myself a monster. I played in rivers of blood and laughed as innocents quaked. Yet when I touched the Dread Masters, I saw that my darkness was but a shadow of true depravity."

Washell
04.27.2013 , 02:04 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by MoobooMagoo View Post

Unless the direction is already determined at the instant you drop the probe and everything after it is just animating the results.

Elear
04.27.2013 , 02:28 AM | #15
You do realize that there are some quests where 'findable' objects are clearly visible above ground and using them you can easly test how it works, right?

Direction is always dependant on character position at time when circle appears. Range, meaning deciding what will scan point out, is based on either dig location or player location at time of 'casting'.
Stand in front of one of quest objectives, drop droid behind it, then move to one of other sides. Scan will still point at quest objective.
Get away from objective, drop droid, then quickly run back and stand next to objective. Scan won't detect it.

Zhiroc
04.27.2013 , 07:13 AM | #16
I believe it's from the player, but there should be a good test for it.

Find a place where you get the empty red circle. Stand still and probe at various locations well away from you. If you still get red circles no matter where, it's more likely from the player. For a final confirmation, make sure you probe at locations you can remember later, like a rock or other feature. After not finding any hits, move to that location, then probe where you were standing. If you ever get a hit, then I think the point is proven.

Kissakias
05.05.2013 , 06:58 PM | #17
i dont know how u find any armor or speeder part, i was 4 hours in alderaan, nothing, now im in makeb for 2 hours and still nothing
do i need to use the helpers that i can buy with creds? because so far i use the reward ones
Join us and earn gooood rewards using my referral http://www.swtor.com/r/ZvPhZd... Be a suber today!!
--50980--achievement points--

TheShootist
05.05.2013 , 08:55 PM | #18
I've used the seeker droid more than I'd like to mention, guess the treasure hunting bug has me. The scan definitely comes from the player, I've tested it time and time again. Knowing this, I've learned to use the droid quite well, getting the achievement for finding X amount of chest. Usually takes me about 20 minutes on average to discover, then switch instances or locations and do it again.

BTW the boost have never helped me find anything any faster.

just finished a search, spent 37 minutes and got 2 rank 5 artifact companion gifts, explorer chassis, pleasure speeder turbine jet engine, 22k of trash items, 8 blues and 6 item mods.

Themanthatisi
05.06.2013 , 09:06 AM | #19
From the player, why the ring shows up after the droid returns to you... The droid goes out, scans, and than comes back to you with data, including the data of the location of the item. If the ring showed up while the droid was out on the scan, than I would say, its from the droids position.

It has returned to you, and after returning, is giving you direction to it from you.... make sense?

Personally, I LOVE these missions... I want to find all the armors and speeder parts.

JediKalel
05.06.2013 , 09:16 AM | #20
Yes its from the player not the droid itself... but the green light on the ring around you is a 180 degree arc unless you have the little seeker droid boost... meaning that the item it detects could be anywhere in a 180 degree arc in the direction of the green semi circle, ie right next you on either side or right in front of you. The best way to find whats been 'detected' nearby is to triangulate it by moving to where you just scanned if its not there, then the scanner circle will recalculate your new position and show you if you went to far or the wrong way.