Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Concern with Vice-Commandant pack (and suggestion)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Concern with Vice-Commandant pack (and suggestion)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Arlon_Nabarlly
04.24.2013 , 11:41 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey DarkWyndre,

I spoke with the folks on the Cartel Market team about this. One thing that some players may not initially realize is that all of the Cartel Market Reputation items can be vendored for credits. I do realize this isn't exactly what you were putting forward as a suggestion, but it is an alternative use for them. Once you have maxed out your Reputation you can simply earn some free credits with every pack.

Either way I wanted you to know that this thread has been passed on to the team and in the meantime you can get yourself some credits by vendoring those Reputation tokens.

-eric
Is this new with these items? I know past items: Gree, Voss, Section X, fleet, etc were not vendorable before the xpac. Was there a global change that makes these vendorable or was this just a change for new ones? Right now I'm wasting a ton of bank space on items that currently serve no purpose.

Also it would be nice to know if there has been any thought to increase the rep caps, if they do increase the caps later it might be better to hold on to rather than vendoring.

Breger
04.24.2013 , 11:45 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlon_Nabarlly View Post
Is this new with these items? I know past items: Gree, Voss, Section X, fleet, etc were not vendorable before the xpac. Was there a global change that makes these vendorable or was this just a change for new ones? Right now I'm wasting a ton of bank space on items that currently serve no purpose.

Also it would be nice to know if there has been any thought to increase the rep caps, if they do increase the caps later it might be better to hold on to rather than vendoring.
I vendored all my reputation tokens that I didn't need (Section X, also happened to vendor one or two Gree tokens) before the expansion with no trouble and got credits for them. Don't know why you didn't.
Standard signature, with no creative effort on my part.

Andryah
04.24.2013 , 12:14 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
He said he wants to keep buying the packs. He wants to keep spending money to support the game. That's a great thing for all of us - subscribers and free players alike.

Why discourage him from buying packs?

In this case, we have a reasonable player who's going way over and above the norm to support the game financially who has posted a well thought out complaint and a few suggestions for improvement.

This is exactly the sort of post the community should be supporting.

We certainly shouldn't be discouraging his generosity or giving him the flippiant, "buck up cowboy" response!
I'm not discouraging him. You tapped one suggestion of mine and ignored the other. Both are practical choices.. and it's up to him to choose what's right for him... AND I blieve he has already chosen to continue to buy more packs.
Negativity achieves nothing positive or productive. It's hostile and it reveals a persons true character. It's a useless and miserable way to spend one's time, IMO ... but some people like being miserable I guess. This is true in real life and it is true inside MMOs.

veyl
04.24.2013 , 12:24 PM | #44
My major issue with the packs (and previous ones at that) is that the "rare" spot within the pack can be wasted on Bracers // Belts. Though I'm sure this is just to force a player to keep gambling, it should be adjusted to make sure that players aren't being discouraged from buying the pack with RL money. (And this is the main reason I wait for them to go on the GTN,)

In the future, I would hope that the "upper body -insert set name-" and "lower body -insert set name" box has the Bracer of the set placed in the upper and the Belt of the set placed in the lower.

Tarn_Sirun
04.24.2013 , 02:32 PM | #45
Hey DarkWyndre,

I spoke with the folks on the Cartel Market team about this. One thing that some players may not initially realize is that all of the Cartel Market Reputation items can be vendored for credits. I do realize this isn't exactly what you were putting forward as a suggestion, but it is an alternative use for them. Once you have maxed out your Reputation you can simply earn some free credits with every pack.

Either way I wanted you to know that this thread has been passed on to the team and in the meantime you can get yourself some credits by vendoring those Reputation tokens.

-eric
No, the credits are not free they cost money as the cartel coins do. As such this is currently a WASTE of that money and we want it fixed with more than a "vendor it" response.

MidichIorian
04.24.2013 , 02:40 PM | #46
First, how many credits are we talking about here (for the rep tokens)? If it's something silly like 2K for one it's not really worth it. Would be really nice if we could vendor anything from the packs. I've lost track of all the banners, emoticons and other stuff I've simply thrown away because I couldnt be bothered with putting 1K items on GTN. Let us sell them for atleast 10K to a vendor instead.

I think that the rep caps in general are too low. On makeb I've been capped on the first day after reset because of all the comms I had saved form the previous week and I probably already have enough to max out all levels and then some.

Drebs
04.24.2013 , 02:49 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkWyndre View Post
1.) Make the rep items tradeable so we can give them to friends or sell them on the GTN. This has the added benefit of addressing the vocal minority who complain about the rep being a real money requirement since they can just get the rep items on the GTN (presumably considerably cheaper than the packs go for).
This makes a lot of sense, and I'm actually kind of surprised it wasn't set up this way to begin with. What's the point of having rep tied to tokens if those tokens cannot be sold or traded?

And as OP suggests, this would give the people who have the time to grind credits in-game a means of building the rep as well.

DarkWyndre
04.24.2013 , 03:06 PM | #48
Hey DarkWyndre,

-eric
I'm holding on to the spare rep items I had from my last hypercrate. I really appreciate your response. I would really like to see my 2nd suggestion implemented. Even if the trade-in ratio is very high, I can still buy hypercrates and support you guys and know that even if I have bad luck with what I get or I get no certificates, I can trade those rep items in slowly for certificates and eventually get something cool.

With my suggested turn-in ratio, I would get 3-4 certificates for the rep items I currently have in my bank. If that's a bit too fast, bump my ratios up a bit so it's like 2-3. At that point, if someone wants one of the 10 certificate items, they're probably going to be dropping $100+ if they end up getting it by trading in rep items once they're capped. This seems to me like a pretty easy way to give your most valuable customers some incentive and assurance that at the worst case they'll be able to get a cool item every so often.

I appreciate that there was a response and I hope you guys really consider the idea. I will be hanging on to my rep items and probably if I buy any packs/crates going forward I'll GTN them and get what I'm looking for that way. Then at least with the current system someone will get the rep from the items and they won't gather dust in my cargo bay

11-11-11 Better than expected

elitenz
04.24.2013 , 03:14 PM | #49
I have spent over 1200$ on packs in the past but never again will I spend a cent due to the lack of concern from the devs they are being super lazy and not adding the new materials to the new packs put me off how dare they have dead mats in a pack that has been introduced into 2.0.

Shoogli
04.24.2013 , 03:14 PM | #50
Eric ?
Why would you suggest someone to vendor rep tokens for credits if there is a chance that his idea is accepted since you said you passed the thread ?
Shoogli | Jawa Droid Designer
Do not Follow me on Twitter @NOWHERE | Dislike me on Facebook
[Do Not Contact Me] [Rules of Misconduct] [F.A.Q.] [Shoogli Tracker]