Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Planetary Commendations now have a maximum cap of 100 (up from 50).

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Planetary Commendations now have a maximum cap of 100 (up from 50).

Vodamin
04.23.2013 , 07:14 AM | #1
Thank you!

Never_Hesitate
04.23.2013 , 07:19 AM | #2
not yet implemented, the patch was postponed due to a major bug they found in it.
waiting for ...

Eillack
04.23.2013 , 07:21 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Never_Hesitate View Post
not yet implemented, the patch was postponed due to a major bug they found in it.
Which was surprising; usually they do the patch anyway, wait for rage threads then do emergency downtime.

DarthTHC
04.23.2013 , 07:53 AM | #4
Conspiracy theory: That was the plan all along. They just set it to 50 initially to destroy their perceived "overabundance" of them.

Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
Which was surprising; usually they do the patch anyway, wait for rage threads then do emergency downtime.
Obviously the bug would have been very beneficial to players in some way.

skitzogreg
04.23.2013 , 07:55 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
Conspiracy theory: That was the plan all along. They just set it to 50 initially to destroy their perceived "overabundance" of them.

Obviously the bug would have been very beneficial to players in some way.
My guess was that the 'bug' resets comm totals. Like I said though, just a guess.

EnkiduNineEight
04.23.2013 , 07:57 AM | #6
100 is nicer to be sure. I hope they give every character the 100 to start as well because I lost tons of commendations in the switch and what I am earning with my current character is essentially useless because I am capped AND can't buy stuff for a higher level than I have.

Exastify
04.23.2013 , 07:58 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by EnkiduNineEight View Post
100 is nicer to be sure. I hope they give every character the 100 to start as well because I lost tons of commendations in the switch and what I am earning with my current character is essentially useless because I am capped AND can't buy stuff for a higher level than I have.
Unlikely, considering they announced the comm caps before 2.0.

ninjonxb
04.23.2013 , 08:18 AM | #8
I just need to ask. What can you get from the planetary vendors that you needed the cap raised?
You really shouldn't be able to save all the commendations from the last few planets and be able to get a few makeb mods as soon as you have the level from them.

BJWyler
04.23.2013 , 08:19 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Exastify View Post
Unlikely, considering they announced the comm caps before 2.0.
Indeed - there was enough advance warning, including the "buffer" number (100 max) prior to the conversion that there was plenty of time to spend the overage of comms necessary. I have 16 toons and had no problems ensuring all were under the 100 buffer limit when 2.0 hit.

But anyway, thank you for the increase - it will make leveling on each planet a lot smoother and more fun once again without having to waste time (and credits) going back and forth between the fleet and the planets.
Swords of the Republic on The Shadowlands
Check out our own Character Page which includes music and Quest Lists

Wretched Hive Recap The premier SWTOR Forum Discussion Show

Logisitcs
04.23.2013 , 08:23 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by ninjonxb View Post
I just need to ask. What can you get from the planetary vendors that you needed the cap raised?
You really shouldn't be able to save all the commendations from the last few planets and be able to get a few makeb mods as soon as you have the level from them.
Why not? The jump from elder game planets to makeb in terms of mob damage is huge. A fresh 50 with scrub corellia and lower gear mods will have a tough time leveling in makeb