Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Speedrun is not standard anymore


Khevar's Avatar


Khevar
04.26.2013 , 11:25 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by Arch_Angel_Gabe View Post
Who says you cannot group with cool members on Makeb? You are pretty close minded and stubborn, in my opinion. You claim to have 14 characters L50+ if I understood you correctly, which means you clearly have too much time on your hands, especially if you leveled them by slower means. Also, if you have 14 characters that are level 50+, you should be bored of the 'old' content which means naturally you should be looking to group with people on Makeb to experience the 'new' content. Your posts just don't add up. Almost seems like you are making stuff up with every post you make on these forums.
Other than Heroics, tell me anything you can do on Makeb with a group that isn't so easy you could sleepwalk through it? Most everything is tuned for solo+companion.

The main reason I don't group up while leveling (except for Herics and Flashpoints) is because the gameplay becomes God-mode.

I love playing in a group, but only when it's at least somewhat challenging.

Arch_Angel_Gabe's Avatar


Arch_Angel_Gabe
04.26.2013 , 11:43 AM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
Other than Heroics, tell me anything you can do on Makeb with a group that isn't so easy you could sleepwalk through it? Most everything is tuned for solo+companion.

The main reason I don't group up while leveling (except for Herics and Flashpoints) is because the gameplay becomes God-mode.

I love playing in a group, but only when it's at least somewhat challenging.
You really think the L50 flashpoints are challenging? EVen somewhat? I don't. They were not even challenging at L50. They were only challenging before they were nerfed and when people were in sub-tionese gear. The only exception was Kaon and LI at certain points, but even those were not that difficult. But I'll grant you that LI would provide a pug a big challenge.

The main point I am trying to make is that it seems odd to think Makeb is super easy while trying to insinuate that the L50 flashpoints are challenging. They are not challenging unless you go out of your way to make them such. Which, would also apply to Makeb.

corpboy's Avatar


corpboy
04.26.2013 , 01:39 PM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
Other than Heroics, tell me anything you can do on Makeb with a group that isn't so easy you could sleepwalk through it? Most everything is tuned for solo+companion.
Isn't it the point of "normal" content to be tuned to solo+companions? Heroics ARE the group-tuned content. That is how it is everywhere.
"I just love assassinating assassins. They always look so surprised."
-- Sith Inquisitor story dialogue.

Khevar's Avatar


Khevar
04.26.2013 , 02:14 PM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by Arch_Angel_Gabe View Post
You really think the L50 flashpoints are challenging? EVen somewhat? I don't. They were not even challenging at L50. They were only challenging before they were nerfed and when people were in sub-tionese gear. The only exception was Kaon and LI at certain points, but even those were not that difficult. But I'll grant you that LI would provide a pug a big challenge.

The main point I am trying to make is that it seems odd to think Makeb is super easy while trying to insinuate that the L50 flashpoints are challenging. They are not challenging unless you go out of your way to make them such. Which, would also apply to Makeb.
Fair point. With a full group of 4, an L50 flashpoint is a breeze. Especially with people that know what they're doing in vent.

But as far as content goes, I would think twice about running a flashpoint solo unless I had a lot of time on my hands. Makeb, on the other hand, can be solo'ed in average gear. In other words, flashpoints are designed to be run with a group, planetary quests are designed to be run solo.

If someone likes the "M" part of MMO, likes flashpoints, wants to level, has already seen Makeb, and is interested in killing the bosses (as opposed to a speed run) it seems a perfectly valid approach. Most of the bosses in Battle of Ilum can be skipped. I'm not talking trash. Bosses. I've skipped them so many times, I practically forgot what it was like to fight them.

I ran that flashpoint on one of my toons right after 2.0 dropped. We had the idea to kill all the bosses, everyone agreed, and it was actually fun. After so many speed runs, the novelty here was actually running the flashpoint. Two of the players in the group had never done the bonus boss EVER. For them, it was practically new content.

Now, I would never push this on anyone who wasn't interested. But is it so odd that someone is coming to forums saying, "Hey, don't automatically expect everything to be a speedrun when queuing for L50 HM FPs?"

Arch_Angel_Gabe's Avatar


Arch_Angel_Gabe
04.26.2013 , 03:21 PM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
Now, I would never push this on anyone who wasn't interested. But is it so odd that someone is coming to forums saying, "Hey, don't automatically expect everything to be a speedrun when queuing for L50 HM FPs?"
I see where you are coming from and maybe I don't see it the same way as the OP because I almost always run with my guild mates and the reason is because the general skill level and maturity of people that PUG is rather low.

That said, I find Makeb a lot more fun because the AI is much better. They will interupt you based on skills that you use! That doesn't happen anywhere else currently. It makes the AI seem more 'human' when it actually interupts your pulse cannon. I was the biggest cynic of Makeb. In fact, I didn't pre-order because I had low expectations. But I am extremely impressed. It truly brought new life into the game. How long will that last? No idea. But for now, Makeb is great. I just can't bare the thought of doing the older content...

Icestar's Avatar


Icestar
04.26.2013 , 07:08 PM | #76
Whoah, that was alot of hostile thoughts, breethe mate breethe. I will try to answer in a constructive way:

Quote: Originally Posted by Arch_Angel_Gabe View Post
Who says you cannot group with cool members on Makeb? You are pretty close minded and stubborn, in my opinion. You claim to have 14 characters L50+ if I understood you correctly, which means you clearly have too much time on your hands, especially if you leveled them by slower means. .
I am a very efficient person, when I play I go for something extra to do. When I do not have any classes to prepare I play. I have even done a comparison with the life outside and inside the old republic in social studies that the student thought were a blast.

Quote: Originally Posted by Arch_Angel_Gabe View Post
Also, if you have 14 characters that are level 50+, you should be bored of the 'old' content which means naturally you should be looking to group with people on Makeb to experience the 'new' content. Your posts just don't add up. Almost seems like you are making stuff up with every post you make on these forums.
I never make things up, check my post history you will find hundreds of topics and thousands of posts discussing the ToR way of life, sometimes I agree and sometimes I strongly disagree. If something is unclear, ask me and I will try to respond the best I can.

Have you played Makeb? There are a few +2 and a few +4 quests. I use groupfinder any day to get my flashpoints done and NO I am not a a fan of genreal chat. The rubbish thatīs discussed there is hardly wait to get a group together.

I have nothing to prove to you but if you still think i make things up I suggest you start asking me questsions someone with no clue could not answer.

Now back to my original topic please, this conversation we have here will derail the thread.

BellsofGuilt's Avatar


BellsofGuilt
04.27.2013 , 07:12 AM | #77
I think BioWare should make it harder to skip mobs in FPs. It's just bad level design when a player can skip 70% of the content.

AshlaBoga's Avatar


AshlaBoga
04.27.2013 , 03:01 PM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by corpboy View Post
Isn't it the point of "normal" content to be tuned to solo+companions? Heroics ARE the group-tuned content. That is how it is everywhere.
I think he's referring to people completing the final level 55 mission for Makeb at level 52. Admittedly I've only cleared Makeb twice and my 2nd clear was my level 54 Jug. But I think Revenge of the Archon was a bit easy for someone who hadn't hit 55. Is the Pub equivalent of Revenge of the Archon easy too? Maybe the Makeb storyline missions need a buff.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

Seireeni's Avatar


Seireeni
04.27.2013 , 03:03 PM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
I think he's referring to people completing the final level 55 mission for Makeb at level 52. Admittedly I've only cleared Makeb twice and my 2nd clear was my level 54 Jug. But I think Revenge of the Archon was a bit easy for someone who hadn't hit 55. Is the Pub equivalent of Revenge of the Archon easy too? Maybe the Makeb storyline missions need a buff.
A lot of people actually find Revenge of Archon very hard.

AshlaBoga's Avatar


AshlaBoga
04.27.2013 , 03:13 PM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by Seireeni View Post
A lot of people actually find Revenge of Archon very hard.
Well on my Sorc Healer with HK-51 it was super easy but that's probably because I had HK (who's da droid? You're da droid!) and I Force Stormed every recharge droid before they'd even made it to the Archon. On my level 54 Jugg I actually wiped once because I got hit by "I'm charging ma Lazor." Yes, I did a spit take when I saw the name of his ability channel too, "ma Lazor?" The Archon is one of us

The next time around I pretty much ignored the repair droids and just LoSed his laser. I know some people struggled with his teleport + gravity sink combo, but you can force leap to his repair droids (who are closer to you post-port). Hydraulics and Force Speeder are good there too. For some reason he never ported him when I was on my main, I think I might have burnt him down to fast for him to get the chance or something.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!