Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Speedrun is not standard anymore


Icestar's Avatar


Icestar
04.25.2013 , 02:35 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Thundergulch View Post
Not really, the faster you complete the FP, (including bonus boss for comms), the faster you can run another FP.
This is not true for those that have to wait in groupfinder. A pop in the groupfinder can vary from 15 minutes to up over an hour,

Sorry mate, that statement might only be true if you got guildmates waiting in line for you to team,

The groupfinder works in another way, but I guess you already know that. Somedays tanks and healers have instant pop but even those classes experience downtime from time to time.

There are always exceptions that claim then have instant pop 24 hours of the day 7 days a aweek, but those are more like a myth then real persons.

The best way is to finish the flashpoint, it actually does not take that long extra and have alot of fun on the way.

Asavrede's Avatar


Asavrede
04.25.2013 , 02:37 PM | #62
If you want combat XP, go kill stuff on your own on any appropriate planet.

Flashpoints are all about the bosses, loot and commendations - trash is ... well, trash, and should always be skipped if possible. It's simply not efficient use of the group's time to kill random mobs, unless every single group member wants to do so.

Icestar's Avatar


Icestar
04.25.2013 , 02:40 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by Asavrede View Post
If you want combat XP, go kill stuff on your own on any appropriate planet.

Flashpoints are all about the bosses, loot and commendations - trash is ... well, trash, and should always be skipped if possible. It's simply not efficient use of the group's time to kill random mobs, unless every single group member wants to do so.
Then tell me, why did not Bioware not construct a long tunnel with white or black walls and in the end of the tunnel there is a boss to be killed. Nowdays the bosses and mobkills even give achievement, I am above 5000 points and intend to get more.
I was 50 was when I did speedrun with 12 of my level 50s (I have 3 more now). It was fun at first but quickly became boring since therer were no risk at all takging.

I enjoy all flahshpoints no matter level. what matters is that we have fun

Kaos_KidSWTOR's Avatar


Kaos_KidSWTOR
04.25.2013 , 03:18 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by DawnAskham View Post
So you expect others to clear an entire instance just so you can get get a bit more XP?

Sorry, it doesn't work that way. Only if the majority want to clear is that a valid point.

And if the entire group does want to clear, I'll just drop (even on my 50-54s) as I get better XP doing missions than killing trash. The XP I want from the FP all comes from the missions (FP mission, GF mission, terminal mission).
Actualy I do expect that to happen. BECAUSE if they want an atleast half assed healer for their 55 HM's then they need to help me level. Makeb is not that great on EXP either way.

scraycroft's Avatar


scraycroft
04.25.2013 , 04:10 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by Icestar View Post
This is not true for those that have to wait in groupfinder. A pop in the groupfinder can vary from 15 minutes to up over an hour,

Sorry mate, that statement might only be true if you got guildmates waiting in line for you to team,
Either way you'll be waiting the same amount of time between runs. Its not like taking an extra 45 minutes to run the FP will make your next wait 45 minutes shorter. I don't follow your logic.

Edit:

Quote: Originally Posted by Icestar View Post

The best way is to finish the flashpoint, it actually does not take that long extra and have alot of fun on the way.
also please stop forcing your views of what you consider fun on other people. Just because you enjoy clearing trash doesn't mean the rest of the group or us have to.
Malystriz PuffinStuff
The Bastion
Quote: Originally Posted by ChewyYui View Post
They added alacrity to the gear so you can taunt things faster and accuracy is there so the fast taunts don't miss, fly off and taunt a tree or something.

Icestar's Avatar


Icestar
04.26.2013 , 05:08 AM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by scraycroft View Post
Either way you'll be waiting the same amount of time between runs. Its not like taking an extra 45 minutes to run the FP will make your next wait 45 minutes shorter. I don't follow your logic..
Some of the players seems to thnk "Ah it is not a speedrun" then they leave. If this is a tank or a healer it would severely prolong the waitingtime for a DPS: First the 45 minutes for the FP to PoP, and in worst case scenario a very very long time until the FP fills up with the players needed to do the flashpoint. 45 minutes is simply a measturement of how long it takes for a FP to pop for a DPS

Quote: Originally Posted by scraycroft View Post
also please stop forcing your views of what you consider fun on other people. Just because you enjoy clearing trash doesn't mean the rest of the group or us have to.
1. This post is not about clearing all trash, it is about asking to do something else then a speedrun. Do the bonus, take a few mobs on the way. NOT chase every mob in theinstance, there is no point in that.

2. This is a free forum and I write whatever I like unless it is against the guidelines, and this is not.

Icestar's Avatar


Icestar
04.26.2013 , 05:11 AM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaos_KidSWTOR View Post
Actualy I do expect that to happen. BECAUSE if they want an atleast half assed healer for their 55 HM's then they need to help me level. Makeb is not that great on EXP either way.
Flashpoints are great way to level, I have several beginning on Makeb that are level 51,52 or even 53

steave's Avatar


steave
04.26.2013 , 05:49 AM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by Icestar View Post
Some of the players seems to thnk "Ah it is not a speedrun" then they leave. If this is a tank or a healer it would severely prolong the waitingtime for a DPS: First the 45 minutes for the FP to PoP, and in worst case scenario a very very long time until the FP fills up with the players needed to do the flashpoint. 45 minutes is simply a measturement of how long it takes for a FP to pop for a DPS



1. This post is not about clearing all trash, it is about asking to do something else then a speedrun. Do the bonus, take a few mobs on the way. NOT chase every mob in theinstance, there is no point in that.

2. This is a free forum and I write whatever I like unless it is against the guidelines, and this is not.
At the end of the day, you are making these threads becuase you're tired of pretty much everyone speed running. That means it is still standard, even if you may think it shouldn't be, and you multiple times claim that if 1 person doesn't want to du a full while the rest do, they can leave.
The same applies to you in reverse though. If everyone else want to speed run, you should drop if you're not up for that.
Honestly, there is a really simple soloution - just announce in general on fleet that you want to do this. All the other people that supposedly agree with you and are just as tired of the speed runs will then quickly join in.

Quote: Originally Posted by Icestar View Post
Flashpoints are great way to level, I have several beginning on Makeb that are level 51,52 or even 53
The 53 would already be 55 if you spent that time on makeb, and likely the 52 too.
I have leveled several chars doing only FPs, warzones and class missions just because I'd rather do them than go trough the planet quests again, but I am fully aware (and it's VERY noticeable) that those chars level a LOT slower than the chars I just clear the planets with.

Icestar's Avatar


Icestar
04.26.2013 , 06:05 AM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by steave View Post
At the end of the day, you are making these threads becuase you're tired of pretty much everyone speed running. That means it is still standard, even if you may think it shouldn't be, and you multiple times claim that if 1 person doesn't want to du a full while the rest do, they can leave.
The same applies to you in reverse though. If everyone else want to speed run, you should drop if you're not up for that.
Honestly, there is a really simple soloution - just announce in general on fleet that you want to do this. All the other people that supposedly agree with you and are just as tired of the speed runs will then quickly join in. .
Here is were you are wrong, you may assume I think this way but I do not.

My post is aimed to those level 55 to read even BEFORE they enter a flashpoint below level 55. To keep in mind that thngs are not the way it used to be where 99.9999% of all heroics contained skipping all mobs possible and even the bosses. The only boss that were killed was the final boss in one FP but Bioware changed that a few patches ago.

Even Bioware is not that fond of mobskipping and bosskipping and it is can be noticed in the recent created flashpoints.

Quote: Originally Posted by steave View Post
The 53 would already be 55 if you spent that time on makeb, and likely the 52 too.
I have leveled several chars doing only FPs, warzones and class missions just because I'd rather do them than go trough the planet quests again, but I am fully aware (and it's VERY noticeable) that those chars level a LOT slower than the chars I just clear the planets with .
I am well aware how Makeb works, I havde 14 characters playing there at different levels.

I still enjoy the challenges a flashpoint can provide and it can also be good learning for those that has no clue how to play the game.

I have never been kicked for wanting to do the bonus after I have explained to players what it is. Some players seems to think iti is "clear out every mob in the instance" and that is ofcourse wrong.

I will take a good flashpointrun with cool members killing stuff and do bonus any day then grinding alone on Makeb

Arch_Angel_Gabe's Avatar


Arch_Angel_Gabe
04.26.2013 , 10:43 AM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by Icestar View Post
I will take a good flashpointrun with cool members killing stuff and do bonus any day then grinding alone on Makeb
Who says you cannot group with cool members on Makeb? You are pretty close minded and stubborn, in my opinion. You claim to have 14 characters L50+ if I understood you correctly, which means you clearly have too much time on your hands, especially if you leveled them by slower means. Also, if you have 14 characters that are level 50+, you should be bored of the 'old' content which means naturally you should be looking to group with people on Makeb to experience the 'new' content. Your posts just don't add up. Almost seems like you are making stuff up with every post you make on these forums.