Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Speedrun is not standard anymore

Icestar
04.23.2013 , 05:39 AM | #1
Many level 55s join up with level 50-54 and assume the FP is all about a speedrun.

Perhaps it is time to think about that other players need experience when signing up for a FP designed for players 55 and below.

Many level 55s are helpful and respect that FPs give experience but some simply do not.

It is a good thing to keep in mind if you think you only got 20 minutes to play

Atramar
04.23.2013 , 06:23 AM | #2
well, since most side bosses and bonus bosses drops some coms that can be used to gear up companions/offspec or fix poor min/maxing (why alacrity on jugg tank gear... why.... oh why..), and they die quick enouth it's not a biggie, but please, don't expect to kill every single trash mob that is there so you can exp your way to L55 faster, do makeb
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

DawnAskham
04.23.2013 , 07:29 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Icestar View Post
Many level 55s join up with level 50-54 and assume the FP is all about a speedrun.

Perhaps it is time to think about that other players need experience when signing up for a FP designed for players 55 and below.

Many level 55s are helpful and respect that FPs give experience but some simply do not.

It is a good thing to keep in mind if you think you only got 20 minutes to play
So you expect others to clear an entire instance just so you can get get a bit more XP?

Sorry, it doesn't work that way. Only if the majority want to clear is that a valid point.

And if the entire group does want to clear, I'll just drop (even on my 50-54s) as I get better XP doing missions than killing trash. The XP I want from the FP all comes from the missions (FP mission, GF mission, terminal mission).

Icestar
04.23.2013 , 08:00 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by DawnAskham View Post
So you expect others to clear an entire instance just so you can get get a bit more XP?

Sorry, it doesn't work that way. Only if the majority want to clear is that a valid point.

And if the entire group does want to clear, I'll just drop (even on my 50-54s) as I get better XP doing missions than killing trash. The XP I want from the FP all comes from the missions (FP mission, GF mission, terminal mission).
My post is a reminder and aimed at those that automaticly assume that every FP is a speedrun.

Some of us has spent real life money to get a flashpoint exp boost with our characters, it is nuts not to use it.

If someone still cant handle that it is good that they leave, the replacements even for tanks and healers are quick nowdays

JouerTue
04.23.2013 , 08:48 AM | #5
i started to ask in the start..but i ask for kill all bosses, and i'll do the same at 55 for gear drops by bonus bosses

Icestar
04.23.2013 , 10:04 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by JouerTue View Post
i started to ask in the start..but i ask for kill all bosses, and i'll do the same at 55 for gear drops by bonus bosses
Yes, to do the bonus and bonusboss is fair.

Never_Hesitate
04.23.2013 , 10:06 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by JouerTue View Post
Do you really have to ask in lvl 55 fp's?
The bonus boss is one of two (the 2nd is the end boss) that are worth killing in the whole fp's
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper, S'inthoras Mara,Hannahla Merc, Eleondra&Eleondraa Ops,
Leeonira Sorc, CaphalÝr Sorc, Kindarya Assa, LeoniŽ PT,
Revuna Mando, Leojuna Scoundrel, Simon'e Shadow, Sileona Guardian

psandak
04.23.2013 , 10:25 AM | #8
Honestly, if a 55 is in your group you are not going to get a lot of XP per kill. I ran a 50 HM FP last night on my level 50 smuggler and had two 55s in the group with me. I got a total of 137 XP per strong/silver mob kill (less for weak, about 1000XP for gold mobs). Sorry but that is simply not worth the time to kill every mob.

Now if you manage to get into a group without a 55 in it, then it's worth the time. Pre-launch I got into a 50 HM FP on my JK and got half a level worth of XP.

that being said, boss skipping has stopped in the 50 HM FPs I've done. The gear is not worth much, but the comms are.

Icestar
04.23.2013 , 10:28 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
Honestly, if a 55 is in your group you are not going to get a lot of XP per kill. I ran a 50 HM FP last night on my level 50 smuggler and had two 55s in the group with me. I got a total of 137 XP per strong/silver mob kill (less for weak, about 1000XP for gold mobs). Sorry but that is simply not worth the time to kill every mob.

Now if you manage to get into a group without a 55 in it, then it's worth the time. Pre-launch I got into a 50 HM FP on my JK and got half a level worth of XP.
Yes it is worth to do the bonus and the mobs up to completion

Rested, max exp perk, exp potion really works good even with a 55 in the group

Icestar
04.23.2013 , 10:30 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Never_Hesitate View Post
Do you really have to ask in lvl 55 fp's?
The bonus boss is one of two (the 2nd is the end boss) that are worth killing in the whole fp's
This post is not about level 55 FPs, there it is more natural to skip it all like it used to be since nobody needs exp.

Many level 55s join up however on level 50-55 FPs, that is what I am refering to.