Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Area +2] A City Held Hostage - Hovertank

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
[Area +2] A City Held Hostage - Hovertank

Corvalis
04.23.2013 , 02:10 AM | #1
So... is this mission bugged or is there a trick to killing the tank? This thing is OP and if you try to back off and LoS fight it, it spawns hard mobs at you. *** knowledge bomb on this..
Twisted Intent GM - A large powerful guild on Mandalore the Indomitable - We are always looking for more people for all aspects of game play. We are running end game, pvp and casual play styles. Check us out at TwistedIntent.com

ZeroPlus
04.23.2013 , 02:17 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Corvalis View Post
So... is this mission bugged or is there a trick to killing the tank? This thing is OP and if you try to back off and LoS fight it, it spawns hard mobs at you. *** knowledge bomb on this..
Clear the area where the tank lands.
Use your healing companion.
When the tank lands, stand on the right side of it (when facing the tank from the console).
Do not stand too close to the tank because it has a "static shield" that will damage you.
Kill the 2 "strong" droids that it will spawn every now and then as soon as possible.
When you see a red circle appear under you, move out of it (tank drops a mortar on the location).

That should do it. Good luck.
If you seek answers, you must always ask questions. - Master Vandar Tokare.

[Suggestion] Add another Blaster Pistol with the "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model = DONE!

Jaren_Kincaid
07.27.2013 , 07:05 AM | #3
No, that doesn't help. The problem is that I can't get a "lock" on the hovertank, so I can't hit it.
---
Cracked it! I had to jump onto the tank to attack it from inside. With that done, I aced it solo--didn't die once, and didn't need my heroic moment.

phfph
07.27.2013 , 07:30 AM | #4
If it is that mission on makeb, It spawn some robots, I just hop up on it and killed it. what level are you?

Jaren_Kincaid
07.27.2013 , 06:19 PM | #5
I'm 55. The problem was getting a "lock" on the target. Initially I was waving my lightsaber and nothing was happening.

JSitruc
07.27.2013 , 10:55 PM | #6
i soloed this with my sentinel the first week makeb was released. killed the stuff around it.. then took out the tank by standing on it.. it was a rough fight, but not as rough as what happened after.. the tank spawned quick cuz someone else triggered it.. and i was stuck inside of the tank until the other guy killed it.. fun times

malachyg
03.17.2014 , 10:22 AM | #7
I am wondering if anyone is still having problems with this objective because I certainly am. Either the hovertank doesn't spawn or the mission doesn't register as complete when the hovertank is destroyed.

Icestar
03.17.2014 , 04:53 PM | #8
I am confused about this quest aswell, last time I tried it I gave up.

Could not get a lock on the hovertanks

Rafaman
03.17.2014 , 05:07 PM | #9
Help me understand what you mean by lock. Are you having trouble targeting the tank?

I have solo'ed it with my Sent and my Shadow/tank.

-Clear area first and call the tank.
-Use tab targeting to target tank and hop on the fuselage and go to work.
-Be wary of knock back. Interrupt what you can. Don't lose LOS of your heals.

That was it.