Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Heroic space, no elite comms?!

LarryRow
04.23.2013 , 01:13 PM | #11
They delayed deployment of the patch due to a bug with debuffs displaying properly on targets. So we are not in 2.0.1 quite yet.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

mastirkal
04.23.2013 , 01:35 PM | #12
Elite comms are rewarded for group based content aka operations and HM flashpoints for level 55.

Basic comms are for solo players and small groups. Rewarding you group based commendations for a single player experience isn't right either and should not be rewarded as such. Bioware was dumb enough to make this reward not worth while and it probably won't be until the next tier of gear. However, if it rewarded more basic comms and there was a way to exchange basic for say elite at a 3 to 1 rate it would be much more acceptable.

MVaglin
04.23.2013 , 02:16 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by mastirkal View Post
Elite comms are rewarded for group based content aka operations and HM flashpoints for level 55.

Basic comms are for solo players and small groups. Rewarding you group based commendations for a single player experience isn't right either and should not be rewarded as such. Bioware was dumb enough to make this reward not worth while and it probably won't be until the next tier of gear. However, if it rewarded more basic comms and there was a way to exchange basic for say elite at a 3 to 1 rate it would be much more acceptable.
You get elite coms from the staged weekly on makeb and that is soloable. So that's not a policy in the game.

I'm also baffled by this decision. Given the cap, I don't see a problem with an alternate method of getting elite coms.
http://www.thecircle-guild.com

Akash - Operative Monzcarro - Mercenary
Erekose - Marauder Shatiro - Assassin

Pyrotech Mercenary PvE Guide

Kameki
04.23.2013 , 02:22 PM | #14
Especially because there is a cap, there is no reason not to give other means to acquire them.

At the very least make Fleet Comms something really attractive for those that are interested in SC.
Suiko 推古 Legacy
掃仔 Souzai - Human Sith Assassin
主仔 Shuzai - Human Sith Sorcerer

Vistaer
04.23.2013 , 04:57 PM | #15
I too disagree with this move. Given all that has been stripped away from space missions - from repeated removal of credits, to a rather lacking set of reputation rewards (compare the rep vendor to Section X, Makeb, or Gree and tell me rewards are on par. Only rep rewards that are just as bad off is Voss), Space has always felt like a system that Bioware only made because the game has the word "Star" in the title.

The Elite Comms were the major perk of doing these missions lately. Unless Bioware intends to do a system where you can trade-up Basic & Fleet Comms for Elite Comms, I don't agree on this. It is yet another example of a dis-incentive to space missions. This has been a facet of the game which has been sorely lacking since launch, and was only ever touched by adding the challenge of Heroics, but has since removed the rewards that came with it. If anything, I've been hoping Bioware would expand the Staged Weekly System that they have with Makeb to add a Staged Weekly series of space missions and their dailies. Let alone co-op space or open space.

Kasson
04.23.2013 , 08:04 PM | #16
I am upset with this as well. I spent a lot of credits and cartel coins to get my characters into ship gear just to do the heroic space missions. Used to be you would get a couple BH comms for your efforts and with the fleet comms you could purchase a 'chance' at some relevant matts you could sell to make some creds or use them to craft if you wanted. No updates of this type were made to the fleet comm vendor and now with no elite comms the missions are useless beyond lvl 55. If you think getting comms in this way would somehow hurt the game or be unfair to those who cannot compete them, you should consider that to gear a toon in this way would likely take until the next update that makes elite gear obsolete. So yeah-no more space missions here either and thanks for helping me to waste my creds and cartel coins. My sub is at risk for this foolish move.

elijaa
04.24.2013 , 01:45 AM | #17
/signed

Elear
04.24.2013 , 07:35 AM | #18
Umh... yeah, that 'more basic comms' is so much, apparently one basic comms per mission(could be 2 on sunday).Heroic dalies give more.
Well, at least now there won't be anyone saying that those missions are too hard, because only people doing them will do so only because they actually enjoy them.
And only if they have nothing better to do.

JoseWan
04.24.2013 , 07:40 AM | #19
I'm very disappointed with this change. It's just uncalled.

psandak
04.24.2013 , 07:47 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Fubarq View Post
I just read this and I have to say I am very upset about this as well.

Before 2.0, Heroic Space Combat awarded Black Hole Comms every day. It was a very viable way for those of us that don't necessarily have time to raid or do FPs every day to fit in a couple missions here and there and be able to obtain, albeit quite slowly, gear that was one tier down from the top gear.

By eliminating the Elite Comm rewards for these missions and make them Basic-Comm only, now Space Combat players will only be able to get gear that is 2 tiers down from the top, and frankly that is gear that is extremely easily and quickly obtained through other means.

I believe this is a bad mistake on the developers' part, and will lead to people no longer doing Space Missions. I will not be doing them anymore, and I was a dedicated, daily Space Mission player as my posts in other threads show.

Bioware, please re-consider this change, as it is an unnecessary nerf to one of the game's areas that is really enjoyed by those that play it.
You have just answered your own question...

Prior to 2.0 BH gear was two tiers lower than the best (campaign and dread guard were "better"), so awarding BH comms back then is the same as awarding basic comms now.