Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Why nerf FE?


ZirusZero's Avatar


ZirusZero
04.22.2013 , 05:22 PM | #1
The point of it being very unique is that unlike other bosses, you couldn't kill him under normal circumstances. You actually had to shove him down.
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunityDroidEN View Post
After our Shenanigans radar sounded off, we quickly hurried to this thread to see what was going on. Upon inspection of the reported Shenanigans, we have removed a few posts to prevent further Shenanigans from taking place.

GeckoOBac's Avatar


GeckoOBac
04.22.2013 , 06:14 PM | #2
I truly don't understand it, especially now that it's not even required anymore. A sad sad day =/
Light Knights: Gecko - Syed - Vor'sann - Joya
Nightmare's Legion: Anhess - Avilus - Wittard - Schroedinger

ChewyYui's Avatar


ChewyYui
04.22.2013 , 06:22 PM | #3
Probably because some whiny babies found it too hard.
The Progenitor - The Alteric Legacy - Kira-chan

ZirusZero's Avatar


ZirusZero
04.22.2013 , 06:23 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by ChewyYui View Post
Probably because some whiny babies found it too hard.
Someone left their healer/knockback ability at the door?
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunityDroidEN View Post
After our Shenanigans radar sounded off, we quickly hurried to this thread to see what was going on. Upon inspection of the reported Shenanigans, we have removed a few posts to prevent further Shenanigans from taking place.

KeyboardNinja's Avatar


KeyboardNinja
04.22.2013 , 06:59 PM | #5
This also would seem to have some unfortunate story consequences, since the boss death was open ended in the original version, but definitive now. He can't really come back anymore, which is a shame.

As for the instance itself, nerfing it makes absolutely no sense. It wasn't even slightly hard, even with starting 50 gear. Furthermore, this takes away the achievement of killing the boss without knock backs, which was still possible with some careful timing and high DPS.
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dilettante on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (retired sentinel) Nimri (ruffian scoundrel)
Averith (marksman sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (vengeance jugg) Effek (pyro pt)

Delta_V's Avatar


Delta_V
04.22.2013 , 11:11 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by KeyboardNinja View Post
This also would seem to have some unfortunate story consequences, since the boss death was open ended in the original version, but definitive now. He can't really come back anymore, which is a shame.

As for the instance itself, nerfing it makes absolutely no sense. It wasn't even slightly hard, even with starting 50 gear. Furthermore, this takes away the achievement of killing the boss without knock backs, which was still possible with some careful timing and high DPS.
Yeah, my guild's goal was always to kill him w/out knocking him over the edge. There was always a sense of accomplishment when you pulled it off.

Wallach's Avatar


Wallach
04.23.2013 , 12:07 AM | #7
Pretty garbage honestly, there's no sense in changing it after so long. Why "fix" this and ruin what was a very memorable moment in this game instead of devoting the same resources into fixing his proclivity to desync positionally? Seriously guys not every spider in the house needs to get crushed with a sledgehammer.

Brittaany_Banks's Avatar


Brittaany_Banks
04.23.2013 , 12:11 AM | #8
This is purely a story issue. Knocking him down the shaft like that leaves it too open ended since historically in the SW Universe when an emperor dies of a method where it can not be confirmed he died they come back almost always.

Malgus' defeat was always meant to canonically have him die, they just tried a bit of fan service and had the ultimate objective knocking him down a shaft just like ROTJ, or to a lesser extent Darth Maul. However I think there was too much buzz by the players wondering if Malgus ACTUALLY died. The developers just closed the hole.
I don't care who you are. I don't care if you are male, or female, black, or white, gay, or straight, religious, or non-religious, old or young. I care about 3 things. Can you tank properly? Can you DPS properly? Can you heal properly?

Wallach's Avatar


Wallach
04.23.2013 , 12:35 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Brittaany_Banks View Post
This is purely a story issue. Knocking him down the shaft like that leaves it too open ended since historically in the SW Universe when an emperor dies of a method where it can not be confirmed he died they come back almost always.

Malgus' defeat was always meant to canonically have him die, they just tried a bit of fan service and had the ultimate objective knocking him down a shaft just like ROTJ, or to a lesser extent Darth Maul. However I think there was too much buzz by the players wondering if Malgus ACTUALLY died. The developers just closed the hole.
While there are story implications to the effects of the change, I don't believe the justification for the change has anything at all to do with the story. It's a fight that has a long history of functionality issues and complaints (warranted or otherwise). Honestly the idea that a year and a half after they released this content they would go back and change the functionality of a boss encounter to address "player buzz" about the fate of the character - especially when that very thing isn't problematic in any capacity - is kind of laughable.

Astarica's Avatar


Astarica
04.23.2013 , 01:53 AM | #10
There's nothing stopping Malgus from crawling out of the station somehow even if it looks like he really died. At any rate, the Emperor did die when he suffered the same fate. He had backup clones to reincarnate himself but the body he was currently inhabiting definitely died, so there's no reason to assume Malgus didn't die.