Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bolster in level 55 warzones has destroyed PvP in The Old Republic.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Bolster in level 55 warzones has destroyed PvP in The Old Republic.

SithVeritas
04.22.2013 , 02:21 PM | #1
I understand the need for bolster pre-55 because of the brackets containing a large arrange of levels.

However, bolster has no place in 55 PvP.
By adding it you have killed progression for those who spend their time in warzones rather than in operations.

Bring back Recruit gear for 55's to begin with, it's a compromise both the hardcore PvPers who want to spend their gametime progressing and the casual raider who wants to jump into the occasional warzone can live with.

As it is right now there is absolutely no reason to get PvP gear besides looks and a personal sense of having achieved something, though no one else will acknowledge it.

I appreciate you trying to make warzones accessible and enjoyable for PvE'ers, but it has gotten to the point that someone who spends his or her time exclusively raiding can stomp on dedicated PvPers while waiting for their raidgroup to form up.

So please BioWare.
Please remove Bolster from 55 PvP.
Please don't ruin PvP in ToR.

Darkshadz
04.22.2013 , 02:22 PM | #2
I would rather say that the bolster destroyed the ego of several pvp players who thought they were good

SithVeritas
04.22.2013 , 02:26 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkshadz View Post
I would rather say that the bolster destroyed the ego of several pvp players who thought they were good
Not at all.
Please keep subtle attacks out of this thread regardless of whether or not you agree with me, it's the reason I made a new one instead of posting in ThatGuyAnon's thread.

As PvP is right now there's no reason for someone to progress through Partisan/Conqueror.
It is literally as I said, a casual PvE'er can now destroy a dedicated PvPer as pass time because of bolster.

That's all.

jgoldsack
04.22.2013 , 02:26 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by SithVeritas View Post
I understand the need for bolster pre-55 because of the brackets containing a large arrange of levels.

However, bolster has no place in 55 PvP.
By adding it you have killed progression for those who spend their time in warzones rather than in operations.

Bring back Recruit gear for 55's to begin with, it's a compromise both the hardcore PvPers who want to spend their gametime progressing and the casual raider who wants to jump into the occasional warzone can live with.

As it is right now there is absolutely no reason to get PvP gear besides looks and a personal sense of having achieved something, though no one else will acknowledge it.

I appreciate you trying to make warzones accessible and enjoyable for PvE'ers, but it has gotten to the point that someone who spends his or her time exclusively raiding can stomp on dedicated PvPers while waiting for their raidgroup to form up.

So please BioWare.
Please remove Bolster from 55 PvP.
Please don't ruin PvP in ToR.
Right now. Yes. You are correct.

Tomorrow after they fix it (hopefully correctly), No because PvP gear will now be as it should be.. which is better than PvE gear in pvp. So someone in full conqueror gear will be at 2018 expertise, while someone in full UW gear will be at 1332 expertise.

So the hardcore pvp'rs will once again be able to stomp the pve'rs, and not the reverse.
On the Internet, you can be anything you want. It is strange so many people choose to be stupid.

Darkshadz
04.22.2013 , 02:31 PM | #5
Not at all.
Please keep subtle attacks out of this thread regardless of whether or not you agree with me, it's the reason I made a new one instead of posting in ThatGuyAnon's thread.

As PvP is right now there's no reason for someone to progress through Partisan/Conqueror.
It is literally as I said, a casual PvE'er can now destroy a dedicated PvPer as pass time because of bolster.

That's all.
What I said is the truth and I see it with my own eyes, thank you. Besides, we have more than enough threads about bolster. It is indeed bugged and it's supposed to get fixed on tuesday. Until then, there is no reason for you anti-bolster people to keep spamming that PVE gear > PVP gear since BW already knows it and will fix that. Do I have to quote the Dev's post about it?

Purple-Punch
04.22.2013 , 02:33 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by jgoldsack View Post
Right now. Yes. You are correct.

Tomorrow after they fix it (hopefully correctly), No because PvP gear will now be as it should be.. which is better than PvE gear in pvp. So someone in full conqueror gear will be at 2018 expertise, while someone in full UW gear will be at 1332 expertise.

So the hardcore pvp'rs will once again be able to stomp the pve'rs, and not the reverse.
Whats UW?

Do you know what someone in full PvE gear at 55 will bolster to, in terms of Expertise? I wonder how large of a gear gap from full PvE to Full Conqeuror will be? If its large, then whats the point of Bolster? It cant be as large as recruit / full EWH was .. do you think?

ML_DoubleTap
04.22.2013 , 02:33 PM | #7
Not at all.

That's all.
First, 'casual' pve'ers aren't going to be getting Ultimate gear...at least not at a very quick rate.

Second, while his wording may not have been the best, the poster above was right...many PvP'ers are upset there's a more even playing ground in a competitive game mode. I always though gear in PvP was lame to begin with, but I come from RTS and FPS games where it's your skill, not your time spent that mattered more. I PvP more than anything in this game...had 3 min/maxxed WH toons, didn't bother w/ EWH...and I love the new system. I'd much rather a more level playing ground all around. My motivation for playing isn't some stupid carrot hanging in front of me...it's actual competition. I could care less about gear progression in PvP personally. It's just a necessary evil to me.
<Proper Villians> Rhees Bonkurz

<Army of Light> Tann'se Siir Atone Askar Grills

SithVeritas
04.22.2013 , 02:33 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkshadz View Post
What I said is the truth and I see it with my own eyes, thank you. Besides, we have more than enough threads about bolster. It is indeed bugged and it's supposed to get fixed on tuesday. Until then, there is no reason for you anti-bolster people to keep spamming that PVE gear > PVP gear since BW already knows it and will fix that. Do I have to quote the Dev's post about it?
No offense, I'm actually going to stop this discussion with you.
I can already see this won't end well.
Thank you.

jgoldsack
04.22.2013 , 02:37 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Purple-Punch View Post
Whats UW?

Do you know what someone in full PvE gear at 55 will bolster to, in terms of Expertise? I wonder how large of a gear gap from full PvE to Full Conqeuror will be? If its large, then whats the point of Bolster? It cant be as large as recruit / full EWH was .. do you think?
UW = Underworld Gear (Ultimate)

Devs have stated that someone in full UW gear will top out at 1332 expertise, compared to 2018 for someone in full PvP gear.
On the Internet, you can be anything you want. It is strange so many people choose to be stupid.

SithVeritas
04.22.2013 , 02:38 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by ML_DoubleTap View Post
First, 'casual' pve'ers aren't going to be getting Ultimate gear...at least not at a very quick rate.

Second, while his wording may not have been the best, the poster above was right...many PvP'ers are upset there's a more even playing ground in a competitive game mode. I always though gear in PvP was lame to begin with, but I come from RTS and FPS games where it's your skill, not your time spent that mattered more. I PvP more than anything in this game...had 3 min/maxxed WH toons, didn't bother w/ EWH...and I love the new system. I'd much rather a more level playing ground all around. My motivation for playing isn't some stupid carrot hanging in front of me...it's actual competition. I could care less about gear progression in PvP personally. It's just a necessary evil to me.
I know there's players who think like you.
I also know there's players who think like me and enjoy PvP progression.

I'm not saying one has more right than the other to enjoy PvP, all I'm saying is that there's several operations and flashpoints and planets to enjoy if you like co-op VS AI gameplay.

PvPers only have warzones.
Why take something else away from them when you can please both groups by adding Recruit gear with appropriate stats?