Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I completely skip doing Esseles because of the amount of dialogue

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
I completely skip doing Esseles because of the amount of dialogue

MichelvanMeerten
04.22.2013 , 01:33 PM | #1
I tried to like itm after going to Esseles for the 100th time. I cannot. I hate it. With a burning passion. The immense amount of dialogue making the instance last almost an hour. I know, it's a showcase flashpoint but damn, I hate it.
So I completely skip doing it and start my flashpoints at from Hammer Station and upwards.

Please Bioware for the love of precious time, do not make a flashpoint last an hour unneccesary via showcase dialogue voice over. Minimise it to nothing more as informative. Double the social points gained at the end so noone complains.

/end rant.

Ybini
04.22.2013 , 02:32 PM | #2
spacebar doesn't skip it?

Vhaegrant
04.22.2013 , 05:34 PM | #3
Spacebar is your friend. Make sure the others in the group want to do a speed run and then zip through it. Shouldn't take longer than about 20 mins if that and gives back a reasonable amount of social

Khevar
04.22.2013 , 06:09 PM | #4
I've done speed runs of Esseles for social points back in the day, and as I recall it only took around 20 minutes spacebarring through the conversations.

If you have new people in the level 10 storymode flashpoint, and they haven't seen it before and want to watch the conversations, you're out of luck.

But if you have a speed run group it's not much slower than the other flashpoints.

JouerTue
04.23.2013 , 01:42 AM | #5
you must be one of those people spammig spacebar/skip please in chat

Spoiler

zzoorrzz
04.23.2013 , 01:46 AM | #6
Personally I'd love to have more FPs like BT/this one in the game, with a story developing during FP and lots of conversations in it. I really enjoy conversations since they are new every time with different people involved. Too bad 99% want ot skip them.

Never_Hesitate
04.23.2013 , 03:04 AM | #7
I build my groups for esseles in general chat and clearly state: LFM/LFG [Esseles] skipping all dialogues

which makes it pretty clear I think ^^
T3-M4 - Lvl 60 Chars:
LeoniŽ&Caipha PT, Eleondra&Eleondraa Op
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper
Hannahla Merc, CaphalÝr Sorc, Kindarya Assa

Atramar
04.23.2013 , 04:27 AM | #8
with running around, skipping trash mobs (recently more people stopped skipping bosses who can be avoided and actually want to do bonus for comms), burning thro mobs asap, jumping, rolling, going rocket boots, speeders, teleports... it's nice to slow down on BT/esseles... I spacebar any way as i could recite those conversations in my dream, but if one person want to listen? great, I can relax ... have a drink, make fresh tea..

we rush thro life, we rush thro game, stop for a minute and relax.
say no to rage.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

Icestar
04.23.2013 , 05:26 AM | #9
It can be nice to watch it the first few times but then spacebar is a good tool to use

I always respect if someone wants to watch though, but it rarely happens heroic mode

MichelvanMeerten
04.23.2013 , 06:58 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by JouerTue View Post
you must be one of those people spammig spacebar/skip please in chat

Spoiler
Yawn...

Yes, i'm obviously playing with new people who haven't seen it before. Usually there are 2 or 3 people mashing that spacebar while 1 will watch the cutscenes. I'm not going to force people to skip. I just don't go there anymore. I levelup faster without going through Esseles.

Edit
You can spot the newbie who hasnt got sprint activated. Or doesn't have a mount or rocket boosts.

Quote: Originally Posted by zzoorrzz View Post
Personally I'd love to have more FPs like BT/this one in the game, with a story developing during FP and lots of conversations in it. I really enjoy conversations since they are new every time with different people involved. Too bad 99% want ot skip them.
After 3 or 4 times I just want to get to the action without the same old dialogues again and again