Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Augments

AussieAlan
04.22.2013 , 10:49 AM | #1
Just wondering, If I buy say a fortitude augment for my armstech and she reverse engineers it what happens?.
Do I just get parts or do I learn a schematic.
I am talking about buying a Augment for which I do not have a schematic for.

Adric_the_Red
04.22.2013 , 11:57 AM | #2
If you can RE it, you will get parts. You might learn a new schematic. Click the RE icon in your inventory, then mouse over the item. The tooltip will tell you the % chance to learn a new schematic.

blindxsecrets
04.22.2013 , 11:58 AM | #3
Never tried this myself, but as far as I know you'll just get a handful of resources for your trouble. Would be interesting if you learned a schematic, though! If you try it let me know what happens...curious now!
Founder of SWTOR, been here since early access! 5-year-vet of SWG. Chimaera. Chilastra. Sunrunner. Bria. <3

psandak
04.22.2013 , 03:14 PM | #4
Reverse engineering any premium/green or prototype/blue quality augments has a 20% to generate a schematic one step higher green --> blue --> purple. However, there is only one possible improved schematic, so once you get the one blue schematic - for a given green augment - there is no reason to RE those green augments anymore. Once you hit purple for a given augment type you are done with the progression.

AussieAlan
04.27.2013 , 11:34 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by blindxsecrets View Post
Never tried this myself, but as far as I know you'll just get a handful of resources for your trouble. Would be interesting if you learned a schematic, though! If you try it let me know what happens...curious now!
Nothing, just tried it, showed no chance when I tried to reverse engineer.

mike_is_valid
04.28.2013 , 12:04 AM | #6
you know, there is just no point in RE for schems, since the GTN is floooded with them.

AussieAlan
04.28.2013 , 02:41 AM | #7
Yeah sure if your level 50, where you can get them for 1k, if you want ones for lower down you have to pay 15k.