Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith Warrior to kill Master Satele ?( READ ME )

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Sith Warrior to kill Master Satele ?( READ ME )

AlexDougherty
04.24.2013 , 09:57 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth-Obvious View Post
Except the Emperor wasn't killed.

Saying that Satele should die because the Emperor died makes no sense considering it was only the Emperor's Voice that was killed.

Also it's quite clear that Satele's "mirror" has always been Malgas, not the Emperor.
Makeb seems to indicate he was killed canon-wise, but Satele isn't equivalent to the Emperor, in fact if she did get killed the effect would be negliable, she only leads the Jedi, and they aren't easily shaken.

The Bounty Hunter Kills the Supreme Chancellor of the Republic who is the Emperor's opposite, so the balance is maintained, in fact given that two of the Imperial character's try to kill it's kind of hypocritical to suggest they would need to avenge him.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

zzoorrzz
04.24.2013 , 10:04 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexDougherty View Post
Makeb seems to indicate he was killed canon-wise, but Satele isn't equivalent to the Emperor, in fact if she did get killed the effect would be negliable, she only leads the Jedi, and they aren't easily shaken.

The Bounty Hunter Kills the Supreme Chancellor of the Republic who is the Emperor's opposite, so the balance is maintained, in fact given that two of the Imperial character's try to kill it's kind of hypocritical to suggest they would need to avenge him.
Saying that Republic politician is equal in importance to Emperor is definitely not right. Chancellor can be replaced with very little effect on the Republic, which is not the case with the Emperor. Their are not each others opposite. Emperor is more like equal to chancellor + grand Jedi master in terms of importance to his faction.

yoomazir
04.24.2013 , 10:35 AM | #43
Makeb seems to indicate he was killed canon-wise,
No, it wasn't.

Darth_Wicked
04.24.2013 , 11:19 AM | #44
Makeb seems to indicate what the Republic feels, concerning the ultimate fate of the Emperor, but Satele isn't equivalent to the Emperor, in fact if she did get killed the effect would be negliable, she only leads the Jedi, and they aren't easily shaken.

Fixed for accuracy.
Click here for FREE unlocks ( Referral Link )
Quote: Originally Posted by Revan Reborn makes his stand
I've saved the Republic twice before--I've fought Mandalores and armies of the darkside. You won't stop me.

Darth-Obvious
04.25.2013 , 04:37 AM | #45
Makeb seems to indicate he was killed canon-wise
No, Makeb flat out shows that the Republic believes the Emperor to be dead, however there are dialogue options with Darth Marr that indicate that the Emperor isn't dead, especially when playing as a Sith Warrior, who is one of the only characters post Chapter 3 that knows that the Emperor is still alive.

DarthGile
04.25.2013 , 07:21 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth-Obvious View Post
No, Makeb flat out shows that the Republic believes the Emperor to be dead, however there are dialogue options with Darth Marr that indicate that the Emperor isn't dead, especially when playing as a Sith Warrior, who is one of the only characters post Chapter 3 that knows that the Emperor is still alive.
I'm really getting tired of all the back and forth about the Emperor being dead or not. It's irrelevent. The big picture is that the Emperor is no longer a threat. That's all that matters, especially for the outcome of the current war.

Darth-Obvious
04.25.2013 , 07:35 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthGile View Post
I'm really getting tired of all the back and forth about the Emperor being dead or not. It's irrelevent. The big picture is that the Emperor is no longer a threat. That's all that matters, especially for the outcome of the current war.
Yeah I don't really know why it's been debated as much as it is on here. I don't understand why there's so much confusion and arguing about it.

I personally like that the Emperor is out of the picture. Darth Marr seems much more interesting. The Emperor only seems relevant in certain class stories, but outside of that there was basically nothing. He could've been more interesting or prominent as a faction figure the way Satele is, but he was severely under used.

DarthGile
04.26.2013 , 11:40 AM | #48
Exactly. Darth Marr Spoilers below:

Spoiler

Jiminison
04.26.2013 , 05:29 PM | #49
Let me romance Satele first before you off her .

BrianDavion
04.27.2013 , 01:03 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthGile View Post
Exactly. Darth Marr Spoilers below:

Spoiler

agreed as early as the TOR encyclopedia it was obvious Marr was being set up as the "new leader of the empire"