Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dark Heal VS Dark Infusion

Undead_Prince
05.03.2013 , 10:47 AM | #11
For a DPS sorc who is either full Lightning or Hybrid, Dark Heal is often the better option, as Lightning Effusion makes force costs negligible, and speed is of the essence in WZs and intense PVE encounters.

Genttry
05.04.2013 , 08:40 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Jaiyne View Post
Disclaimer: I PvP and only PvE for lols when we're bored. This is all coming from a PvP perspective.

If you're spamming Dark Heal, you'll be out of force in very short order. Particularly now, force management is what makes sorc healers' skill cap so much higher than op healers' who have absolutely no resource management issues.

Personally, I use DH sparingly - and only use it on either my top DPS or tank (in rateds) when nothing else will keep them up before I get a long cast off. I use it twice with recklessness (not always time to spend a global on Resurgence if you don't already have the buff) and then cast DI to top them off with Mental Alacrity going, then Innervate.

Very much in contrast to pre-2.0, you have to really reserve DH for the "oh ****" moments IMO.
Heyo, thanks for the reply. I have a healy sorc and a healy operative. I, too, PvP almost exclusively. I personally find that it is harder to manage resources on my Operative compared to Sorc, especially if I hot many people up. Don't get me wrong, I think it is A LOT easier to stay alive as an operative, but resource management seems harder on my operative.

Your strategy on when to use DH makes sense to me. Thanks, friend.

BigjoeHoe
05.09.2013 , 05:26 PM | #13
Simple answer DH= PvP only skill never use it in a OPs Raid healing it will destroy you!!!

Kirjalax
05.11.2013 , 09:44 PM | #14
I haven't seen any numbers, but Dark Heal did change with 2.0. It heals a lot more now, so the 'best' cast or rotation may not necessarily be the same as it was pre 2.0, when DI was stated as the best option.

Also, In PvP DI is just too slow. If your target is really being attacked, there is a fair chance they will be dead before your cast is finished.

I ran into a sorc the other day who did 1.3mill heals in hypergate, and always tops 1m every time I see her. I asked her what she does. She never uses DI - and her rotation never runs out of force. I think the key to that, from memory, was to cast Consumption every time after casting Innervate - and using resurgence at every opportunity.

For me, the difference in cast time - as I mainly pvp my sorc now, means that I am not interested in using DI, especially as I am not having resource issues now.

AdrianDmitruk
05.13.2013 , 01:52 PM | #15
Dark Heal for quick healing when Innervate is on cooldown. It's pretty good burst healing when combined with Recklessness, too. (Don't waste Recklessness charges when you have Resurgence proc up, I'm talking about when that along with Innervate is on cooldown.) If I REALLY need to pour on the burst, I'll add Polarity Shift to that.

Dark Infusion when there is time to cast.

When in doubt about whether there's time for Dark Infusion, I Dark Heal.

My Force management can get pretty spikey at times but as I've gotten used to going back to Corruption spec I've gotten more used to it. If you can kite/los you can usually consume--the key is proactively taking available consumption opportunities with your Force Bending when you don't intend to use the stacks for Revivification right then. When I first went back to corruption for 2.0 I was no longer used to this so my Force management sucked, but now it's rare for me to be ooF for more than a couple seconds.

Disclaimer: I only PVP.
Adrian-Defense Guardian | Kerrik-Vigilance Guardian | Matari-Scoundrel Healer | Treston-Pyromaniac Vanguard | Eamen-Sage Healer
Kendrew-Op Healer | Andreus-Sorc Healer | Matarion-Juggernaut Smasher
The Makaryk Legacy of Healing to Full - Begeren Colony
The Heal to Full and Make Them Pay Show

Soxbadger
05.13.2013 , 04:01 PM | #16
The reality is that I rarely use DH or DI, unless there is just some massive damage burst that I otherwise cant fix.

I generally just do: shield, resurgence, innervate and then make a decision on whether to cast aoe, consume, etc.

The only time I am using DI is when innervate is on cool down (and set bonus is immensely important so you need the 1.5 second reduction), and so that really should just be 1 time before you go back to innervate.

In pvp, Ill use dark infusion if someone is getting really destroyed, but generally the cast time is to long and by the time my first 1 gets interrupted innervate or resurgence is ready again.

Sardonyyx
05.15.2013 , 05:41 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by AngusFTW View Post
I rarely use dark heal on my sorc as heals.
I'd say like 80% of my single target heals is innervate with the odd dark infusion when someone drops rly low. In emergencys i like to use recklessness and polarity shift then dark infusion into innervate. so op.

So glad to see someone who knows what they're talking about.

Resurgance before every heal, Revivification always on cd, innervate always on cd, SB when they're both on cd.

In rare situation that's both those heals are on cd and your target is Deionized, you may throw in a DH or DI, but its almost worth it to just bubble other targets then just wait for them to be off cd. 75% of your total healing will be done from your aoe and innervate. Using the other two really doesn't do much, and the cast times are barely worth it.

Sardonyyx
05.15.2013 , 06:06 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by AdrianDmitruk View Post
Dark Heal for quick healing when Innervate is on cooldown. It's pretty good burst healing when combined with Recklessness, too. (Don't waste Recklessness charges when you have Resurgence proc up, I'm talking about when that along with Innervate is on cooldown.) If I REALLY need to pour on the burst, I'll add Polarity Shift to that.

Disclaimer: I only PVP.
Burst healing? Interesting word choice lol. Recklessness makes it more likely that you will crit, doesn't add burst or anything, and should always be used for an innervate and a Revivification. Not a dark heal. EVAR. Polarity shift is kind of like an emergency thing if you're low on force as it regens force faster when it's up. It's got too long of a cooldown to be used as something to add burst, pop it early or save it till you're low on force.

crunchbarry
05.15.2013 , 06:13 PM | #19
For 2.0 dh is king with consumption. You should never run oof.

AdrianDmitruk
05.15.2013 , 07:16 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Sardonyyx View Post
Burst healing? Interesting word choice lol. Recklessness makes it more likely that you will crit, doesn't add burst or anything, and should always be used for an innervate and a Revivification. Not a dark heal. EVAR. Polarity shift is kind of like an emergency thing if you're low on force as it regens force faster when it's up. It's got too long of a cooldown to be used as something to add burst, pop it early or save it till you're low on force.
I've never ever seen Innervate consume Recklessness charges, and this is something I've tested under controlled conditions outside of PVP. So I've come to the conclusion that either it's bugged and doesn't work, or it's like Static Barrier in that (other than having the proc), you can't control crit, Though static doesn't crit at all.

Adding Recklessness to Reviv is good for number padding, yes, but Reviv won't really save a high-value ally (or for that matter myself) who needs fast, immediate heals. I prefer to save Recklessness for the moments when critting on some fast heals will mean the difference between someone important living or dying. Though I can see the number padding being more useful in PVE where AOE damage is predictable, of a known quantity and duration, and must be healed through while still keeping most of the heals on a single target (or known collection of targets) that will hold predictable aggro..

Note that I don't ONLY use Recklessness for Dark Heal, just that it's an option that I sometimes utilize in the situation I mentioned. Other times I do use it for those "low on force, need to consume and get my health back immediately with a big crit" moments.
Adrian-Defense Guardian | Kerrik-Vigilance Guardian | Matari-Scoundrel Healer | Treston-Pyromaniac Vanguard | Eamen-Sage Healer
Kendrew-Op Healer | Andreus-Sorc Healer | Matarion-Juggernaut Smasher
The Makaryk Legacy of Healing to Full - Begeren Colony
The Heal to Full and Make Them Pay Show