Level 55 Relics (PvE)

Tocratis

Up to the expansion I just used my Lv 50 matrix cube alongside whatever 'Boundless Ages' I had (the Dread Guard one by the time 2.0 came in). I know it wasn't best in slot, but I like the Strength gain it gave and liked using it as it took some effort to get.

Now at Lv 55 it doesn't make much sense to keep using it. I've got enough Basic comms to afford an Arkanian relic - so do I just replace the Dread Guard Boundless Ages with the new Arkanian version (not much of an upgrade to be honest)?

Or do I get one of those 'additional damage' ones to replace my Matrix cube first?

[Arkanian Relic of Dark Radiance]

[Arkanian Relic of the Cerulean Nova]

[Arkanian Relic of the Kinetic Tempest]

Or something else entirely that I'm not even considering? :confused:

Been thinking about that, too, since the Arkanian clicky gives you only about 45 Power more, I don't remember exactly. BUT the static AP boost is actually lesser than the Dread Guard Relic of Bounless Ages', I think it's about 18 less or so. Given the cooldown of the clicky, I think the Arkanian one is actually weaker than the Dread Duard clicky over time, although your burst DMG is slightly better...

So, which of the proc relics would be the one to go for - for a watchman specced sentinel?

Thoughts, suggestions, everyone?

I beleive the elemental transedence is BiS, with the PvE power proc being second for most activities. Best combination is PvE Elemental trasnendance with PvP Power proc releic as they don't share cooldowns.

264 elemental damage every 6-7.5secs = 44-35.2 DPS (bypass armour)

550 Power for 6 secs every 21.5-23 seconds = 153.5- 143.5 average power increase.

If we assume one attack per 1.5 seconds and the average attack has a power coefficent of 1, e.g 0.2 for bleeds, 2 for 2 ticks of ravage and 2.8 for Annhilation, 0.3 assualt, 1.5 VS..

DPS from power relic = 153.5 /1.5 *0.23 = 23.5 DPS (unmitigated)

143.5/1.5*0.23 = 22 DPS (unmitigated)

If you have alcarity then power relic DPS will improve, if you use a lot of AOEs power relic will improve, overall better than clicky relic on average but direct damage still wins from my calculations and logs using underworld versions of both.

Please feel free to comment or correct.

Edited by Thufir_Hawat

I'd always go for one clicky, to maximize my dps for important phases in a fight on demand. I.e. Titan-Finale, Styrak-Finale, Kephess in TFB Finale or Walker in EC NiM, to combine with my adrenal.

Added to watchman's self heal this has allowed some last man standing boss kills (zenned self heal + guarded by the force + medpack :-)

Clicky power stacks with power proc. Power proc + dmg proc don't stack, see http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=6211066&postcount=9

So I'll go for Underworld boundless ages (not Arkanian, as I said, Dread Guard's better there) plus Elemental Transcendence I think...