Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Huttball Championships - Rebels vs Separatists

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Huttball Championships - Rebels vs Separatists

Warren-Stride
04.25.2013 , 06:07 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
P.S.S I can not believe i have to defend Luke AGAIN Ventress lasts against Luke even less time then Dooku does as her cannon ending is still death by Anakin who at the time was weaker then he was in RotS once again Luke mirrored vader who is anakin Luke ends ventress in 5 seconds flat. Also if we really want to argue Greivous vs Luke or Durge vs Luke let me know i have been leaving that alone since i figured i was done defending RotJ Lukes abilities but if i need continue I will.
For anyone who continues to say that Makashi auto-loses against Djem-So.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJFopXe_Aok

Notice how Ventress is effortlessly countering Anakin's strikes and then...

Wait for it...

She wins.

So no, people, just because Ventresses uses Makashi, and was defeated by Anakin in a duel that isn't even cannon, does not mean that she would be torn apart by either Luke or Starkiller. She is able to defeat Anakin with little effort, easily blocking his blows and augmenting her combat with agility the likes of which Luke (at least) has never had to deal with. And before there's a whole repeat of "I must defend Luke's honor!" I understand that Luke is better than Anakin. I get it. But this is an example of how the argument is fundamentally flawed in that Anakin never actually (in cannon) beat Ventress. Therefor A>B>C logic does not make sense.

And then there's this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTgL4-gQRVs

This one's my favorite. Force Choke Obi-wan or Anakin? Why not both?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7JsP3tn9s0

She could do the same to any of the Rebel players. To avoid starting the Luke ZOMG stuff up again, I'll settle for replacing Obi-wan and Anakin with Starkiller and Rahm.

People underestimate Ventress too much.
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?

tunewalker
04.25.2013 , 06:13 AM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
For anyone who continues to say that Makashi auto-loses against Djem-So.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJFopXe_Aok

Notice how Ventress is effortlessly countering Anakin's strikes and then...

Wait for it...

She wins.

So no, people, just because Ventresses uses Makashi, and was defeated by Anakin in a duel that isn't even cannon, does not mean that she would be torn apart by either Luke or Starkiller. She is able to defeat Anakin with little effort, easily blocking his blows and augmenting her combat with agility the likes of which Luke (at least) has never had to deal with. And before there's a whole repeat of "I must defend Luke's honor!" I understand that Luke is better than Anakin. I get it. But this is an example of how the argument is fundamentally flawed in that Anakin never actually (in cannon) beat Ventress. Therefor A>B>C logic does not make sense.
I wasnt talking about makashi I was talking about this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VB_vjVxcic which is still the cannon ending as the current clone wars series is canceled and she was still alive at the end we know she needed to be dead before episode 3 so this is still the way she dies makashi has nothing to do with it Anakin beats her fair and square thus so should Luke.

Also this is still a weaker anakin then the one that defeated dooku in episode 3.

Further more http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg1ZBbEZ_y4 congrats from current cannon and Luke was just as skilled as his father in force choke if not more so. Nothing stopping him from just choking her to death.

Warren-Stride
04.25.2013 , 06:19 AM | #73
I wasnt talking about makashi I was talking about this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VB_vjVxcic which is still the cannon ending as the current clone wars series is canceled and she was still alive at the end we know she needed to be dead before episode 3 so this is still the way she dies makashi has nothing to do with it Anakin beats her fair and square thus so should Luke.

Also this is still a weaker anakin then the one that defeated dooku in episode 3.
That entire series is no longer cannon. We do not know what (in cannon) happened to Ventress.

And even if it is, notice how that fight lasted 6 minutes? Hardly the 5 seconds you're suggesting. This is why I'm asking you to respect the character. Your own examples don't support your one-shot kill argument.

Also, I updated that last post a few times.
~~ AiR ~~

tunewalker
04.25.2013 , 06:27 AM | #74
That entire series is no longer cannon. We do not know what (in cannon) happened to Ventress.

And even if it is, notice how that fight lasted 6 minutes? Hardly the 5 seconds you're suggesting. This is why I'm asking you to respect the character. Your own examples don't support your one-shot kill argument.

Also, I updated that last post a few times.
I know i saw still changes nothing and several of those things are still considered cannon the end when and how palp is kid napped the stuff with durge and several points with greivous are still considered cannon everything is cannon until it is in direct contradiction with something else until we see another way for her to die thats still the way she dies.

And yes but we have to take into account scale here anakins powers could as much as double from that time and we know Lukes are Double RotS anakin not that anakin so that coupled with her duels against dooku showing her to be a lesser makashi master then dooku seems to support her losing faster. Characters get better over time dont you think its possible you are now underestimating RotS anakin.

Warren-Stride
04.25.2013 , 06:28 AM | #75
Further more http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg1ZBbEZ_y4 congrats from current cannon and Luke was just as skilled as his father in force choke if not more so. Nothing stopping him from just choking her to death.
I have no idea where you are getting that from. Luke never choked any Gammorreans, and he certainly never would considering he's a, you know, Jedi? On his Wookieepedia article in makes no mention of him EVER using Force Choke, much less by the RotJ time.
~~ AiR ~~

Warren-Stride
04.25.2013 , 06:31 AM | #76
I know i saw still changes nothing and several of those things are still considered cannon the end when and how palp is kid napped the stuff with durge and several points with greivous are still considered cannon everything is cannon until it is in direct contradiction with something else until we see another way for her to die thats still the way she dies.

And yes but we have to take into account scale here anakins powers could as much as double from that time and we know Lukes are Double RotS anakin not that anakin so that coupled with her duels against dooku showing her to be a lesser makashi master then dooku seems to support her losing faster. Characters get better over time dont you think its possible you are now underestimating RotS anakin.
It's not cannon.

Oh, so being able to hold off Obi-wan and Anakin at the same time? How much "percent" of Luke's power is that?
~~ AiR ~~

tunewalker
04.25.2013 , 06:32 AM | #77
I have no idea where you are getting that from. Luke never choked any Gammorreans, and he certainly never would considering he's a, you know, Jedi? On his Wookieepedia article in makes no mention of him EVER using Force Choke, much less by the RotJ time.
never choked gammorreans you say go watch episode 6 again when he first walks into jabba's palace 2 gammoreans stand in his way with a gesture he chokes both of them out. And again that choking of obi and ani are much earlier time in the series isnt it as their powers grow so does their force resist did you not see the post i showed of anakin choking out ventress meaning before her death he was already supperior to her in that regard and could now push through her resist luke getting more then double that. I will post it again if you like as well as find the gamoreans.

Warren-Stride
04.25.2013 , 06:40 AM | #78
I do need the gammorrean shot, if you could find that.

All lol. Ventress definitely had her guard down, if you couldn't tell. (And Obi-wan was later choked by Dooku, so not much character change there.)

What is this "Luke's power" thing, anyways? I've shown how Ventress can counter his lightsaber form, and I've shown how she doesn't tire, even when two heroic Jedi are pounding on her at the same time. What is Luke's "power" that makes him so much better than Anakin? Not training. Not physical strength. Not lightsaber form. So... what?

This entire thread the Rebels have been relying on Luke to be the answer to everything. It's starting to look more and more like a one man team.
~~ AiR ~~

tunewalker
04.25.2013 , 06:43 AM | #79
I do need the gammorrean shot, if you could find that.

All lol. Ventress definitely had her guard down, if you couldn't tell. (And Obi-wan was later choked by Dooku, so not much character change there.)

What is this "Luke's power" thing, anyways? I've shown how Ventress can counter his lightsaber form, and I've shown how she doesn't tire, even when two heroic Jedi are pounding on her at the same time. What is Luke's "power" that makes him so much better than Anakin? Not training. Not physical strength. Not lightsaber form. So... what?

This entire thread the Rebels have been relying on Luke to be the answer to everything. It's starting to look more and more like a one man team.
cant find the original scene cus nobody cared about it just pop in episode 6 dvd you'll see it but here is the recreation of it this is every bit point for point what happens http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vM6ITpHyBb4 and actually you are wrong on every degree he is Physically stronger, has a better lightsaber form and superior training he was in every way his father but better in every single aspect like i said not as flashy but multiple times more effective. And no Its not just Luke i will go into detail on the other characters and their abilites when Luke is finished. Also a side note dooku is more powerful then ventress and he choked obi not ani and i am not argueing obi he tops off at a point ani just gets stronger even after he gets into the suit (of course after initially getting weaker in the suit)

Warren-Stride
04.25.2013 , 07:06 AM | #80
Okay, I'm tired of Luke. Let's end this so I don't have to deal with that anymore. By the Force, I hate that character.

Just want to again point out that it's been "Luke this, Luke that" and I assure you that one person teams do not do well in huttball.
~~ AiR ~~