Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Queue Issue Fix Suggestions

DarthArcon
12.20.2011 , 09:42 PM | #1
Ok, the queue is pretty bad. I understand it is opening day, but perhaps this can be remedied with a couple fixes:

1. Let us transfer characters to other servers, even a one time thing. I would be more than willing to help distribute players more evenly by moving all my chars to another server. I, and many others, had no idea which servers would be maxed out and which servers would be empty after retail release when we participated in the pre-release. Now that retail release is out, we now know.

2. Let us see our queue position in the launcher (or have a "play sound when ready"). I dont want to minimize to do something else cause I have a 10 minute wait and later maximize to find my place was given away.

3. Give us some freakin music! I think that might be a bug...

OBLCDiomedes
12.20.2011 , 09:45 PM | #2
They should have locked the full servers stopping the new players from choosing them as realms.
> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0
0 rows returned

Demenize
12.20.2011 , 09:50 PM | #3
should let us xfer to the light servers free and one time only

Ratatooey
12.20.2011 , 09:51 PM | #4
I am on the server I am because that is where my guild was depployed. Was in battle a few minutes ago, and the client crashed in the middle, and log back in and am 239 in queue.

If you're not going to get the memory leaks fixed, at least don't punish the players by putting them at the end of the queue. What a horrible launch day

Guardians of the Light, a Republic Guild, now recruiting: http://www.swtor.com/guilds/11751/guardians-light

DarthArcon
12.20.2011 , 10:00 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratatooey View Post
I am on the server I am because that is where my guild was depployed. Was in battle a few minutes ago, and the client crashed in the middle, and log back in and am 239 in queue.

If you're not going to get the memory leaks fixed, at least don't punish the players by putting them at the end of the queue. What a horrible launch day
Trust me, there have been much worse. STO was terrible. For launch day, it has been comparably smooth. I just made these suggestions as possible quick fixes.

lokivoid
12.20.2011 , 10:31 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by OBLCDiomedes View Post
They should have locked the full servers stopping the new players from choosing them as realms.
That would of just pissed off alot of people. Alot of guilds are migrateing in groups. So those who come in after early access would be stranded.

A server lockout is only useful in combonation with a free server transfer service. This would allow the server to lock and allow a free transfer off to a lower pop server. Once the server has dropped below a set amount the lock and free transfers are removed.

Though i would not expect anything along these lines for atleast three months down the road. Alot of the developmental focus on release is bug patching and server maintence/upgrade.

The game pop will always be unstable at launch so theres no point throwing money at fixing something that cannot be resolved. Infact attempting to "fix" such as issue early on is generally what kills a MMO's momentium.

lokivoid
12.20.2011 , 10:37 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by OBLCDiomedes View Post
That would of just pissed off alot of people. Alot of guilds are migrateing in groups. So those who come in after early access would be stranded.

A server lockout is only useful in combonation with a free server transfer service. This would allow the server to lock and allow a free transfer off to a lower pop server. Once the server has dropped below a set amount the lock and free transfers are removed.

Though i would not expect anything along these lines for atleast three months down the road. Alot of the developmental focus on release is bug patching and server maintence/upgrade.

The game pop will always be unstable at launch so theres no point throwing money at fixing something that cannot be resolved. Infact attempting to "fix" such as issue early on is generally what kills a MMO's momentium.