Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unable to purchase CARTEL COINS...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Unable to purchase CARTEL COINS...

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Sovetski
04.19.2013 , 05:28 PM | #1
I am posting here as I am now over getting the run around by your "lack of" customer service department.

For over 2 weeks I have not been able to purchase CARTEL COINS. I wish to purchase these coins but you do not wish to assist me in purchasing these coins. Why can I not purchase these coins? BECAUSE I HAVE SPENT TO MUCH WITH YOU!!! I am a subscriber I pay money to play a game that is free to play but you do not offer me any ability to pay any more.

I have emailed, and I have called and I have wasted almost 1hr and 30mins in waiting ques on the phone with international call rates to rectify this and guess what... IT HAS NOT BEEN RECTIFIED.

HOW AM I GOING TO BE COMPENSATED?

So in short - I want to spend money with your company - you have disabled this ability for no apparent reason - you are unable to supply an adequate solution to fix this - therefore I can not spend money with you - this benefits my finances not yours

When my subscription runs out I will get the same error message when I try to renew therefore I will not be renewing as to the other members in my family that use the same credit card.

RECTIFY THIS ISSUE PLEASE.

Stebbinn
04.19.2013 , 05:54 PM | #2
What error message are you getting when the payment for cartel coins fails?

KhealThar
04.19.2013 , 06:02 PM | #3
This is happening to me as well.

The error I get says:

"General error

An error has occurred while processing your request. Please, try again later."

And now I get:

"Purchase Error

This service is currently unavailable for this account. If you wish to purchase more cartel coins please call our Customer Service team or you can try again tomorrow."

This has been ongoing for almost 2 weeks now. It also happens when I try to buy game time. I've used pre-paid visa cards since cartel market/60 day game time was released with no issue up until this point.

The pre-paid visa has more than enough funds for what I'm trying to purchase plus additional fees that may apply. It works at other vendors except for this website.
Those who beg for mercy are too weak to deserve it.

Sovetski
04.19.2013 , 07:35 PM | #4
This is the error I get

"Purchase Error
This service is currently unavailable for this account. If you wish to purchase more cartel coins please call our Customer Service team or you can try again tomorrow."

However I have had this issue for over 2 weeks, yet "lack of" customer service can not help me

Shingara
04.19.2013 , 07:40 PM | #5
This is gonna sound like common sense, but have you actually contacted your bank.
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

Celwinn
04.19.2013 , 08:07 PM | #6
Let me guess,

the errors started showing up around when early access for 2.0 began?

Because that's when the errors started showing up for me, and it sounds almost the same situation as yours.

The best workaround is use paypay atm until/IF they fix it.
Don't let the past define you

Celwinn
04.19.2013 , 08:08 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Shingara View Post
This is gonna sound like common sense, but have you actually contacted your bank.
You can't call your bank about a prepaid visa card ... at least I don't think you can.
Don't let the past define you

Shingara
04.20.2013 , 03:22 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Celwinn View Post
You can't call your bank about a prepaid visa card ... at least I don't think you can.
Even with pre paid someone is going to make sure your money isnt stolen or the card used fraudulantly.
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

Stebbinn
04.20.2013 , 05:37 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by KhealThar View Post
The error I get says:
"General error
An error has occurred while processing your request. Please, try again later."
And now I get:
"Purchase Error
Sounds like the errors I get when I try buying cartel coins, I've gotten 3 errors so far, those 2 I quote here and the famous NU2001 error.
Paypal works as a workaround for me when buying cartel coins but I can't buy a sub with paypal, my creditcard only works for sub but not cartel coins.

DawnAskham
04.20.2013 , 06:07 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Shingara View Post
Having the same issue in trying to renew using a prepaid Visa.

Contacted bank issuer for prepaid, they show a $1 charge by SWTOR.COM, which was made one minute before the first error I received, but they show no other transactions or authorization attempts.

Contacted SWTOR, waited on hold for over an hour, they blamed the bank swearing it was declined. Asked for the decline code / reason code - they could not provide.

Contact bank again, they still show no transactions attempted on the card except for the first $1 validation transaction.

So how can they be smart enough to be able to put through a $1 confirmation transaction, get an approval, then totally screw up an actual purchase?

I mean being voted the worst company in America isn't enough?

Now they don't even want to take money from those of us still willing to give it to them?

Anyways, don't expect them to do anything to fix this as it is clearly a systemic issue with the EA billing system, though they will tell you over and over (assuming you can stand waiting for hours on hold) that it is on your end.

Just Google the error codes you get, and from STWOR and other EA game forums, you'll see this issue has been going on for a long long time.

Personally I believe they just don't care to bother trying to figure out how to make it work, and thus we'll be stuck with these stupid 'error code XX try again later' BS messages.

Oh and to really make it interesting.... after doing this run around with SWTOR CS and the bank CS, I went to the Origin (EA) store and using the same card, successfully purchased a 60 time card.