Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

*** Official PvE DPS Leaderboard ***

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Ebon Hawk
*** Official PvE DPS Leaderboard ***

ellenbec
04.26.2013 , 05:29 PM | #21
Yeah, I was overheating quickly keeping up my attack rotation not being able to vent from shielding and probably waiting longer on Heat Blast. But like I said, this was just for fun and since no one had done a PT/VG yet.
Khuri-PT

Gault: "I'd like to take this moment to remind you that you are not, in fact, a hovertank - no matter how much you dress like one."

Damastes
04.26.2013 , 10:06 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by KeyboardNinja View Post
Have a 3D plot: http://imgur.com/bVuIoEZ You're looking at the *bottom* of the surface. The z axis (up/down) is the percentage ratio indicating how much more damage LS + SS does over 2x CS. The x axis (left side) is main hand damage, while the y axis (right side) is bonus damage.

As you can see, the LS + SS combination does about 37.75% more damage than just using two Clairvoyant Strikes, which means that you should hit that combo as soon as LS is off cooldown (unless Find Weakness is already up, in which case you should do SS > LS > SS). In addition, LS > SS costs 43 Force, while CS > CS costs 46. So not only is the DPS better, but the DPE (damage per energy) is better as well.

The one thing that this calculation does *not* take into account is the fact that the CS > CS combo builds two stacks of Circling Shadows, while LS > SS only builds one. I'm not sure exactly how to quantify this, but it's certainly worthy of note. Even with this inaccuracy though, I'm still pretty confident that LS > SS on cooldown is the correct priority.
I'm also pretty confident it's the correct priority, or close to it, mostly because I get consistently-high parses with it despite not having it down perfectly yet. I was hoping to have some numbers thrown at me, so thanks!

Unless I'm missing something, I think we can measure the impact of the fact that LS > SS only builds one Circling Shadows by seeing how often Project is used between the two methods. In which case, I can say that, for some variations of the LS > SS method, I get to within 1-2 Projects of the normal method. However, the stricter I adhere to the "use LS on cooldown" method, the fewer Projects I get. I wouldn't be too surprised if it turned out it wasn't quite optimal to use it exactly on cooldown. Of course, I can't rule out human error on my part, and I'm not a math guy

There also seems to be a slight impact to how many times Shadow Technique procs (and yes, I make sure Clairvoyance x2 is up). Might that be because each strike of CS (of two strikes per activation) has a chance to proc it? If it's an actual difference between the two methods, rather than a random thing, it looks to be a roughly ~20 DPS loss on its own.

I'm always uneasy using LS/SK to get a proc because it has never seemed intended on creatures that can't actually be stunned (bosses). But I'll keep using it as long as I can
Aerre -- The Ebon Hawk -- Aisthesis

Newte -- The Ebon Hawk -- The Army of Light

KeyboardNinja
04.26.2013 , 11:50 PM | #23
I'll throw my own hat into the ring: 1982.87. This was in balance spec (8/2/36). My DPS gear is a melange of 61s, 63s, a couple 69s, and a 72 ear and armoring.

Note that the same combat log includes a Nightmare KP run, and I was in balance spec on Bonethrasher. I actually forgot to put on the right relics, and proceeded to make a fairly sizable number of mistakes in my rotation. However, the "real" boss fight gives you an idea of the difference between a dummy parse with no raid buffs or dispatch and a real boss situation for the shadow DPS classes. It's quite a difference. :-)
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dilettante on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (retired sentinel) Nimri (ruffian scoundrel)
Averith (marksman sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (vengeance jugg) Effek (pyro pt)

December 13, 2011 to January 30, 2017

Shakell
04.27.2013 , 10:47 PM | #24
Let's finally put something up for the Commandos out there. 2361.3 This was in Gunnery 6/36/4. My DPS gear AskMrRobot, this is the gear and spec, but it wouldn't raise the base for stats so I do have higher aim than is listed there. :P

Notes:
I do not know how to properly crop parses in TORParse, so I chose not to, my DPS was slightly higher accordingly.
I do not have any of the newfangled adrenals, so I did not use any in the parse.
I am having a bit of trouble getting the new set bonus, so I am still running to two piece set bonus of the old set. I did get rid of the old four piece, but I do not have the new four piece so my HIBs would have been doing more damage if I had that.
Finally, you didn't mention anything regarding stims, so I did not run a stim during this parse. You may want to add a note concerning that.

Edit: Apparently I can't read. 6/36/4. Here is the TorHead link, and informally my armor is awesome (aka Verpine offhand).
The Ebon Hawk
Pyrrho <Beskar>
Daharel <Aisthesis>
Not'dead'yet

KeyboardNinja
04.27.2013 , 11:41 PM | #25
Here's a much more respectable parse in only slightly more respectable gear: http://www.torparse.com/a/197016/tim...0/Damage+Dealt 2075. Same spec. 66, 69 and 72 armorings. About two pieces worth of 69 mods. A verpine ear, and a 66 hilt. No adrenals (since I haven't bothered to craft any power adrenals for myself).
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (retired sentinel) Nimri (ruffian scoundrel)
Averith (marksman sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (vengeance jugg) Effek (pyro pt)

OmegaStatuZ
04.28.2013 , 01:03 AM | #26
Atrixx Carnage Spec(5/38/3): http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/skills/m...221212023232-3
Parse: http://www.torparse.com/a/197061/tim...594/0/Overview
2542 dps
In full 69 armorings and mods, 2 69 enhancements and 5 63 enhancements, all 66 purple might augs, and 69 mh hilt and 72 off hand hilt, 0 crit rating all power appropriately stated

KeyboardNinja
04.28.2013 , 04:10 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Shakell View Post
Finally, you didn't mention anything regarding stims, so I did not run a stim during this parse. You may want to add a note concerning that.
Stims are permitted. :-) Sorry, didn't think it was necessary to mention that. Nice parse, given that you weren't stimmed. In my experience, a nano-infused stim usually adds about 60-70 DPS.

OmegaStatuZ
04.28.2013 , 05:15 PM | #28
Misspelled my name xD haha

MrOscarMonster
04.28.2013 , 08:25 PM | #29
Sorc dps time!

Name: Kleric
Guild: <Calamitous Intent>
Class: Sorcerer
Spec: Standard Lightning (3/36/7)
DPS: 2320 (link)
Parse Time: ~5:25
Gear: mix of 66/69/72, no set bonus, missing 6 augments. Not quite optimal, but on the way there. (link for stats)

Thoughts: Overall, sorc dps is showing considerable potential, considering my gear is not optimal and no adrenals were used. Getting the set bonus and finishing out the gearing, augments, and relics should hopefully bump up the dps a bit more. In live raids, dps skyrockets when adds are involved (writhing horror, etc) or multiple bosses in close vicinity are involved. Might upload parses of madness and hybrid spec, though in my own tests they don't do nearly as well as lightning (100-200 dps less).
Kleric

Apfelschorle - Envii - Czin - Artifice

Coffee
04.28.2013 , 10:18 PM | #30
Sythise
Sentinel
Used 3 relic activations, 2 adrenals, best blue level stim. 1 Inspiration.
Combat spec, (4/36/06).
Gear
Sythise, Cryrre, Skafias, Solir, Surrik, Blamespace, Sayl, Café
Deposer of the Dread Masters