Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Developer Update: Sith Inquisitor and Jedi Consular Class Changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Update: Sith Inquisitor and Jedi Consular Class Changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Merras
04.20.2013 , 04:34 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Monterone View Post
It does not speed up the application of dots, and therefore it is less useful. Madness in some situations is a 'cast and forget' spec, and with that in mind and with the crit multiplier on dots, it is far more valuable to stack surge than alacrity.
Exactly. For example objective based PvP like Alderaan: quick DoTting enemy players so nobody could cap the turret. For single target DPS crit/surge is also far better stat then Alacrity: a higher crit rating combined with the 15 stack of Force Supression is better. And critted dots are also healing me.

Merras
04.20.2013 , 04:35 AM | #42
Oh, and one another small opinion: the new sage armors are awful as usual.

_Zhatan_
04.20.2013 , 06:46 AM | #43
Phase walk plain S U C K S, is totally useless in pvp and even in pve is no worth the effort of place it.
Use your "metrics" and tell us how much is used beyond the few tanks who use it for extra heals compared with all the other classes new skills.

Give us a throw lightsaber like sith warriors, a cool barrier lik sorcerers or even a leap like ops...but not a stupid 2 mins useless go back to the bright spot in the floor thing.

Also as hybrid tank I felt the lost of 20% defense is a shame in pvp , your metrics are just accurate for pve dudes, but here, despite your total lack of respect for us , still remain some pvp'rs.

Asessins tanks are a joke at pvp beyond guard a node and call for help when 2 people come to take it.

Revise your broken TTKs.
Very dissapointed.
SWG----------------- 8 years played, 7 active accounts at June 2011.
SWTOR------------- 6 months played. BACK ONLY FOR PATCHS .

BW...Something is failing here, don't you think?

PariahMessiah
04.20.2013 , 08:01 AM | #44
Now that you've put up 4 days worth of fluff articles how about some actual in depth articles explaining in detail some of the changes and design choices instead of 2 sentences?

Also new 51 abilities on these two ACs are laughably awful.

TW-Cool
04.20.2013 , 10:04 AM | #45
I just wanted to chime in and say that I do NOT approve of the changes made to the Balance Shadow. Balance in the past used to be either loved or hated. Now it's simply less interesting of a choice. I can do good hits with Force In Balance and it's cool to see it hit 5 enemies instead of 3, but I swear it seems to cost more Force to use? Is the cool-down longer too? I find myself just doing lots of double strike. Playing my balance shadow now just feels weird over all.

Oh and Phase Walk isnt cool unless you play in the Infiltrate category. Give us a double rock throw (one from left and one from right) or something cooler.

PariahMessiah
04.20.2013 , 11:06 AM | #46
Give us Project Storm that the NPCs have been using, some manner of super force lightning for Sorcs.

Felioats
04.20.2013 , 11:38 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by AdmiralParmesan View Post
This as well. Sorcs/Sages are the only class that's melee attack doesn't benefit from main stat. Both sniper/commando are ranged classes yet their melee attacks (shiv/rocket punch) not only benefit from mainstat but are also tech damage. The sorc/sage is a regular attack so it has less accuracy and is guarded against by both armor and other tank stats. It seems like it would be fair if the sorcerer melee abilities did at least moderate damage if not comparable to shiv/rocket punch.
They also get no free attack that uses their main stat. There should at the least be a free saber throw that uses Willpower, if them swinging the saber would be so unacceptable.

Allowing a class to have two abilities that are wrong to use in literally every situation is bad game design. Really just astonishingly, pants-on-head stupid. It doesn't matter if it's a side effect, a remnant of a decision made in beta. It's a problem.

Concerning that decision: How is it that someone says "Let's make a jedi class not use its lightsaber," and not only are they not mocked out of the room and reminded of it at performance review, but people actually nod their heads?
>

Wraithwarr
04.20.2013 , 03:56 PM | #48
Loving the changes for the most part. The only thing I would suggest is a tweak to force barrier to allow us to be mobile while reducing duration, and possibly giving us a new regen mechanic. Consumption is a little goofy imo. Other than that, I feel much more viable in pvp and pve since the changes. Keep up the good work!
Riistetyt Delekhan - Sorcerer of The Bastion
<Dark Aftermath>"I make things go squish"

Happy_Puppy
04.20.2013 , 07:45 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Dabombjr View Post
I laugh at this because in pvp if you have good healers you can be back at full health in 2 seconds. i think it is great because it give the healers ten seconds to get you back to full health so you can go back to dpsing.
If, maybe, could happen... who cares about maybe's. If the stars align it works is not a good ability.

Rather have it last for a shorter amount of time and move then being stuck there. Sorc/Sages are so fast to burn down why would a healer waste there time unless your a healer as well. For a dps spec is a bad skill.

We need a skill to get distance.. not stand there and die right after the ability is over.

Tremed
04.20.2013 , 10:29 PM | #50
Just saying who ever makes the helms should keep his day town.