Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Developer Update: Sith Inquisitor and Jedi Consular Class Changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Update: Sith Inquisitor and Jedi Consular Class Changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Drudenfusz
04.19.2013 , 07:13 PM | #31
As a shadow tank I have to say that I like my new Kinetec Combat tree... but I have to agree with those who already talked about Kinetic Bulwark, it seems too much trouble to track that and worry when the best time for Kinetic Ward refreshment might be, would prefer to actually enjoy the fight instead of just watching how this is going... so I didn't bothered and did not even take Kinetic Bulwark.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Gwenya - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Jedi Shadow on Jar'Kai Sword
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

SlashInTheCDSP
04.19.2013 , 07:24 PM | #32
I like the changes made to the Darkness tree! Dark Ward does more, does what it already can even better, and Phase Walk has a support purpose. I am quite impressed.

Felioats
04.19.2013 , 10:32 PM | #33
Nothing to help sages and sorcerers use lightsabers, so I don't care.
>

AdmiralParmesan
04.19.2013 , 11:52 PM | #34
Funny they didn't mention any removal of instant whirlwind which was a huge component of BOTH assassin and sorcerer madness specs.

Some have said the nerf occurred due to assassins being able to mind trap and then instant whirlwind someone guarding a node. Now I am not an assassin player, but this seems in line with the operative in which gets this capability regardless of spec. To me it seems fair that a full madness assassin could also have this capability making madness a more unique pvp choice over darkness and deception.

Regardless this does not explain the pointless nerf to Sorcerer Madness spec. The removal of instant whirlwind is a huge nerf to the utility full madness can bring in a warzone. The force/damage improvements are nice but the crit rating changes also harmed full madness survivability due parasitism having less chance to proc. Full madness lacks the burst still to compete, which would be fine if madness had enough utility to make up for it. Madness is now just a DOT spreading pressure builder, which is fine, but it needs it's original control to make it a competitive spec.......

Is it just me, or are sorcs the only class that doesn't have an option for an instant cast mez?
Depreva (Sith Sorcerer) - Prophecy of the Five-

AdmiralParmesan
04.19.2013 , 11:58 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Felioats View Post
Nothing to help sages and sorcerers use lightsabers, so I don't care.
This as well. Sorcs/Sages are the only class that's melee attack doesn't benefit from main stat. Both sniper/commando are ranged classes yet their melee attacks (shiv/rocket punch) not only benefit from mainstat but are also tech damage. The sorc/sage is a regular attack so it has less accuracy and is guarded against by both armor and other tank stats. It seems like it would be fair if the sorcerer melee abilities did at least moderate damage if not comparable to shiv/rocket punch.
Depreva (Sith Sorcerer) - Prophecy of the Five-

Dabombjr
04.20.2013 , 12:35 AM | #36
[QUOTE=Happy_Puppy;6182438
Skills
The worthless: Force Barrier... Why oh why did you make this channeled? In effect you have made this totally worthless in pvp and very ineffective in pve. Unless you added a heal effect to it while channeled or alow the sorc to move its pretty much a waste, In pvp it just means we die a few sec later why the enemy heal them self's or wait for more to show up to kill me.

This skill needs a major rework or just removed and have a more effective skill in its place.[/QUOTE]

I laugh at this because in pvp if you have good healers you can be back at full health in 2 seconds. i think it is great because it give the healers ten seconds to get you back to full health so you can go back to dpsing.

LovarBoy
04.20.2013 , 01:21 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by VigDiath View Post
PT is useless?? PT is an awesome class to play in PvP and still tops the boards in damage. With a healer by their side, they just run around killing stuff!!! If you can't beat a sorc/sage in pvp its a L2P issue or they are just better than you.
Yeah, PT is useless (especially in PvP).

PT in PvP right now is not comparable with any other DD. And PT's top boards in damage? Haha.. yeah, pre 2.0 but right now they are just laughable. Please stop talking about something you don't know. Go for logs, go for the PT-forums, they nerfed PT to the point all classes have been before 2.0 and at the same time they buffed all classes to where the PT was before 2.0. That's a double loss for PT's right now.

Quote: Originally Posted by Happy_Puppy View Post
Skills
The worthless: Force Barrier... Why oh why did you make this channeled? In effect you have made this totally worthless in pvp and very ineffective in pve. Unless you added a heal effect to it while channeled or alow the sorc to move its pretty much a waste, In pvp it just means we die a few sec later why the enemy heal them self's or wait for more to show up to kill me.

This skill needs a major rework or just removed and have a more effective skill in its place.
Are you joking? This skill is so overpowered unnecessary, that it hurts. You want to heal or move while using this op ability? God...

DarthMaulUK
04.20.2013 , 02:01 AM | #38
With all these changes, they STILL managed to leave Resilience and Force shroud BROKEN. It's only been SIX months.

And, personally I think the changes suck. Instead of having a class that could possibly use all 3 of it's skill trees, now the only viable tree is Infiltration. I don't know if that's because pvp combat in 2.0 is STILL broken (LOLbolster) and that will change if Bioware actually test stuff or if it's the developers long term goal only to have just one viable tree, which would be a shame.

Combat was fine before, despite being OTT on stuns(for ALL classes) but now it's simply awful with TTK so short, dots lasting far too long (25 seconds? Give me a break!) and of course LOL Bolster.

It's a pity as the Shadow/Sin class was probably one of the best to play and now its just yet another generic class in a generic MMO
to strive to seek, to find. And not to yield.

Chemic_al
04.20.2013 , 03:42 AM | #39
Well, first off sorcs and sages could have benefited from shroud/resilience. I am disappointed you didn't see fit to make this a baseline ability for consulars/inquisitors.

Quote:
Haunted Dreams: The activation time reduction on Whirlwind has been reduced in effectiveness. Previously, this skill gave Madness a lot of extra lockdown that we werenít too pleased with, and after the introduction of Force Barrier, Madnessís ability to flee and avoid conflict exceeded acceptable levels. Now this skill reduces the activation time of Whirlwind to 1.5 seconds. The stun effect when Whirlwind ends prematurely due to damage has not been altered.
I'm sorry but this is utter garbage. Whilst I can see how strong it was for sins/shadows, they often had the luxury of casting it from stealth.

Madness sorcs are the kiting class. The only thing they have going for them is the ability to try and lock people down. One slip and they were often dead. And Now you give focus/rage spec things like Obliterate breaking roots, and cc immunity on bounty hunters/troopers baseline so now creeping terror is an even less reliable tool.

And when we are still faced by knights/warriors, powertechs/vanguards and smugglers/agents INSTANT aoe mezzes, why do we have to suffer this joke, of having a TALENTED, not baseline instant mez removed?

And the last thing was that even having decided to chance a whirlwind cast, which is riksy, if you're trying to kite, and way too susceptible to interrupt (because polarity shift doesn't help again things like pushes, stuns, mezzes, knockbacks), you can't even let it affect more than one target in pvp with the talent.

And whilst you gave lethality ops dots not breaking their mez, how come you can't give it to madness sorcs?

Quote:
Shapeless Spirit: This new utility skill reduces all damage taken by 30% while stunned. Madness has a good deal of self healing through effects like Parasitism and Death Field, but this healing isnít on-demand and canít counter burst at key moments. As a result, Madness is especially vulnerable to being bursted down while controlled, so we added Shapeless Spirit to help Madnessís survivability in that department.
As others have mentioned parasitism is an utter joke. 25% light armour reduce, means we can't survive burst even with this nonsense. Parasitism would have to be buffed an awful lot for this to be a reasonable argument.

Quote:
Bloodletting: This new skill increases the damage dealt by Death Field and all periodic damaging effects by 15% (with max points) on targets below 30% of max health.
And just WHY OH WHY don't sorcs have this? Assassins have an execute already.......

Instead you give pointless alacrity talents that madness sorcs don't need.

I think the last point has to do with the ramp up time and susceptibility to cleanse for madness sorcs. There was no dot protection talent either. Long dots, and ramp up work in PVE, not in PVP.

And the sad thing is, that you won't reply and this will be ignore, just like none of you had the guts to comment in the sorc threads, but some jugg or mara qqs about anything, you were there straight away. Funny that.

-Blade-Runner-
04.20.2013 , 04:04 AM | #40
I play the dd inquisitor since the beta, and only in PvP.
BW has made this class to complete useless in PvP.
The kindergarten PvE content in SWTOR does not need classes balanace.

THX BW for nothing! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15_Y3_eRfOU
I am not intolerant - i just hate everybody.