Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

If you care about your Vg/Pt post the 2.0 nerf

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Vanguard / Powertech
If you care about your Vg/Pt post the 2.0 nerf

mfourcustom's Avatar


mfourcustom
04.19.2013 , 08:12 AM | #1
Watch listen get it to the devs somehow make sure they see it.

-Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmuu9...ature=youtu.be
unsubbed
Uninstalled
Learn to dev bioware.

af_raptura's Avatar


af_raptura
04.19.2013 , 04:03 PM | #2
Listented to the whole thing. What can I say, I kind of suspected Vanguards/Powertechs would be left behind sooner or later. The defenses are just too weak for a close range class. The redesign of Kolto Overload and the new Close and Personal feat just aren't enough. The bursty spec has also been nerfed.

My dream would be that the future would take a balanced approach to the powertech. Moderate increases in damage output and some more defensive cooldowns, to make fights with the powertech be more about strategy, and make powertechs not so laughably bad in 1 one 1's. Sadly, this doesn't seem to be the design for powertechs, and perhaps the foreseeable future is indeed grim.

You're not the best orator, but you have a good message. I support you.
PvE theorycrafting has really loosened their standards.
Quote: Originally Posted by karlwaite View Post
As for the skill changes to benefit pvp likes of the fly by damage reduction they suffered and reducing focused defence by 200% is a joke they are affecting pve to benefit pvp.

mfourcustom's Avatar


mfourcustom
04.19.2013 , 05:05 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by af_raptura View Post
Listented to the whole thing. What can I say, I kind of suspected Vanguards/Powertechs would be left behind sooner or later. The defenses are just too weak for a close range class. The redesign of Kolto Overload and the new Close and Personal feat just aren't enough. The bursty spec has also been nerfed.

My dream would be that the future would take a balanced approach to the powertech. Moderate increases in damage output and some more defensive cooldowns, to make fights with the powertech be more about strategy, and make powertechs not so laughably bad in 1 one 1's. Sadly, this doesn't seem to be the design for powertechs, and perhaps the foreseeable future is indeed grim.

You're not the best orator, but you have a good message. I support you.
it was 7 AM xD cut me some slack lol
unsubbed
Uninstalled
Learn to dev bioware.

Chickensevil's Avatar


Chickensevil
04.20.2013 , 08:02 AM | #4
Indeed you highlighted pretty much all of the issues. PVP we did have one thing going for us... burst... and they took that away from us and gave it to everyone else. Yet, we have no survival to handle 1v1... so we have... nothing.

PVE, I am still holding back judgement. Since there are rumors floating around that AP if done correctly can hit really great PVE numbers. I would love to see the evidence of this, vice people just throwing it out there on the forums as if it is common knowledge.

My main in my Powertech.... I have ONE, ONE level 50 operative... which I leveled for the story only... I love operatives in my groups, but I do not WANT to play it. I have played PT since launch, and actually Vanguard in the closed beta. So there really isn't another option for me... so these hard hits are really depressing to me.

Early PTS I did not feel like we were nerfed. Yes, we had a few negatives against us, but all the cool things that was added (like spreading our dots with our AOE) made up for it. Then people figured out how to do the really high hybrid, and they made a correction with charged gauntlets to kill that, which was fine, but they ALSO threw in the other nerfs at the same time.

I never touched the hybrid spec on the pts, and before all the nerfs, I did my Pyro in an ops, as I believe I said earlier in the main thread (highlighting our changes), we were neck and neck with an operative in the group, and the merc wasn't too far behind. Why did these hits have to come? I really just dont see the reason for it. Charged Gauntlets - Good, everything else, BAD.
Quote:
First man says to the second man: Why are you hitting your head against the wall over and over?
Second man responds: Because it feels so good when I stop
Zetliam - Empire - Bounty Hunter - Pot5
Armory

Ottoattack's Avatar


Ottoattack
04.22.2013 , 10:15 AM | #5
Video hit most of the main points.

PvE damage is behind most other dps classes, thus no reason to take into Ops.

PvP burst now is mediocre, sustained even worse and survivability terrible as it always was.

Tank performs better than dps, but still inferior to jugs and sins.

There is no reason to take PT ahead of an other dps or tank class.

KainrycKarr's Avatar


KainrycKarr
04.22.2013 , 11:01 AM | #6
I find this odd. I find on my AP that my 1v1 capabilities are actually better. I regularly que for both rateds and regulars with two other AP's in my guild, and almost invariably the three of us are in the top 5 for DPS in WZ's (for both teams), with myself and one of the other AP's number two and number one, respectively. While personally my location in dps rankings lower a little bit from regulars, one of the other two AP's is consistently at or near the top even in ranked WZ's. He is in 55 augmented Partisan and Conq. gear. I am in unaugmented partisan gear.

We both feel AP *can* be very strong, but has a bit of a learning curve.

The only changes I'd like to see is a shortened cooldown or chance for CD reset to Immolate, and an increase from 1% to 3% or higher to our cylinder in the cylinder increase box within the AP tree.

I don't have parses or anything to back this up, just my own personal experience and that of my guildmates.

LovarBoy's Avatar


LovarBoy
04.22.2013 , 11:21 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by KainrycKarr View Post
The only changes I'd like to see is a shortened cooldown or chance for CD reset to Immolate, and an increase from 1% to 3% or higher to our cylinder in the cylinder increase box within the AP tree.

I don't have parses or anything to back this up, just my own personal experience and that of my guildmates.
Yeah.

1% dmg-buff of the cylinder is just ridiculous.

And I like the idea for Immolate. It's a nice skill but pretty useless with this high CD compared to its moderate damage - I don't know the reason behind this.

Senga_J's Avatar


Senga_J
04.22.2013 , 10:57 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by mfourcustom View Post
Watch listen get it to the devs somehow make sure they see it.

-Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmuu9...ature=youtu.be
Listened to the whole thing and I agree. I leveled my PT to 55 and started pvping, and I felt completely useless and unable to kill anything. I just want to be able to do single target damage like I used to. If I wanted to do aoe dots I'd have specced AP.
POT5 Level 55's:
Serdatt (PT) Zerriest (Sin) Asareng (Mara)

Swissbob's Avatar


Swissbob
04.22.2013 , 11:00 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by af_raptura View Post
You're not the best orator, but you have a good message. I support you.
Thought he was a fine orator.
______________________Guild Master____________________
<The Nightmare Legacy><The Horizon Legacy>
_________________The Shadowlands
_____________________

Sardonyyx's Avatar


Sardonyyx
04.22.2013 , 11:09 PM | #10
AP has so much potential...and they've really just neglected it.

Honestly I don't see why they don't make the High-Energy a flat 15% armor pen, or whatever Armor Piercing cylinder has for Mercs (alacrity boost would be nice too). Make Immolate a channel(maybe not),and do a crap ton more damage, longer cd. PFT could last a second longer and have a diff animation. Idk just my thoughts.

Pyro would be fine if they gave us back our old armor pen on rail shot and CGC damage back. Neither spec was ridiculous on the pts, the hybrid was the one pullin 3k, and they fixed that. Why these ridiculous nerfs, and also, why didn't they mention it. I looked up and down for notes on it on the launcher on the patch notes, and I didn't even see a mention about pyro except for the TD rework.