Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Power or Crit Assassin Inq?

CloneReborn
12.20.2011 , 09:25 PM | #1
Just wonder which i should be focusing on more

SickAndDying
12.20.2011 , 09:49 PM | #2
I have a feeling it depends on if you're going tank or dps, but i couldn't tell you which is better for which
Kindred Rising
PVP-RP SITH

theonepanda
12.20.2011 , 10:18 PM | #3
If you're madness, go crit. Everything you have procs off crit chance. Crit and surge.

You could just go straight power as deception.

Darkness/madness hybrids will want to go surge, as your shock autocrits, and you want it to hit harder, as crit is useless to you.

Darkness tanks will generally want as much def as possible. It is unclear at this point whether defense stacking is better, or absorb/shield stacking, or a mix of the two/three is better.

Gonna need more data on endgame operations for that.

Makhbet
12.21.2011 , 01:36 AM | #4
Haha, I was just thinking the same thing as you OP but didn't think anyone else gave it a thought

I'd say Madness is a crit spec, it has couple of talents that boost crit, and some effects that happen after crit. On the other hand Deception seems like power spec, where you need high dmg, and some of the talents boost that dmg even further.
Legions of Lettow EU
Banehallow Legacy

Macgyver

Draemos
12.21.2011 , 06:15 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by theonepanda View Post
If you're madness, go crit. Everything you have procs off crit chance. Crit and surge.

You could just go straight power as deception.

You go crit as Deception too.

-Mendez-
12.21.2011 , 06:23 AM | #6
I'm Deception and Crit works fine for me.

Scelerant
12.21.2011 , 08:05 AM | #7
As Deception for PvP I'm tempted to say a mix of crit and surge on top of expertise at least the way I play it since I tend to want to get in and out very quickly.
FYI, it’s not “elitist” to expect people to be competent at a task to which they have dedicated hundreds of hours.
Everything currently wrong with the Sith Warrior/JK design.
Sith Assassin Rotation Calculator progress.

Wickedkiller
12.22.2011 , 12:39 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Draemos View Post
You go crit as Deception too.

Please back this up with something other than yes do it! I'm also very curious. Either/or seems to make perfect sense.

TradewindNQ
12.22.2011 , 02:57 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Wickedkiller View Post
Please back this up with something other than yes do it! I'm also very curious. Either/or seems to make perfect sense.
Exploitive Strikes + Crackling Blasts

Willpower > Crit > Surge > other ****

-Mendez-
12.23.2011 , 12:45 AM | #10
Surge Rating: Improves the effect of a critical hit. Base Surge is +50%. More rating is required to achieve the same percentage bonus at higher character levels.

Power: A secondary stat which improves damage and healing from all sources.

Critical Rating: Improves the chance of a critical hit. More rating is required to achieve the same percentage bonus at higher character levels.

I'm DECEPTION ASSASSINS and my main focus is Crit rating - when it comes to power and surge im not sure yet. im trying to have around 50/50.

i use maul alot so there i want to have power but then again i know i use lots of Discharge and shock - its kinda hard to make up my mind on the last one.

Maybe power and surge would be good - who knows?