Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Wind Crystal?

CookiePotPie
01.18.2012 , 12:00 PM | #21
For the people who get wind crystals more often... You are likely using companions with a higher treasure hunting critical rate, like Vette +5 crit. I've found more wind crystals that I knew what to do with using her. In opposition, when I'm playing as a jedi and trying to find wind crystals, none of my companions seem to come back with any. The theory is roughly proven, as I have gone back to Vette and keep bringing them in. Hope this helps, if you have crappy companions, you receive crap.

Good luck out there.

Haekel
01.18.2012 , 12:13 PM | #22
Use Mission Discoveries. Get a lvl 110 Treasure Hunting mission schematic from the Market, then run it. Provided the mission is not a total failure (which happens very rarely), you WILL get a few purples, usually 2 to 4. So far, that holds true for every mission skill I used.
... can't take the sky.

CookiePotPie
01.19.2012 , 11:26 PM | #23
^ mhm

Davidaltair
02.23.2012 , 07:09 PM | #24
I got 2 wind crystals on my 3rd treasure hunting mission!

Mijjim
02.28.2012 , 06:39 PM | #25
lol i got it without knowing what it was on the third time of sending vette on a mission
"To be a Sith is to taste freedom and to know victory"
Grand Master Onyx
Join the Sith's Templar

SirUrza
02.28.2012 , 06:51 PM | #26
I typically only saw wind crystals from missions.
ị█ị██████ịịΘịị█ị{▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

Cleet_Xia
02.28.2012 , 07:37 PM | #27
Don't send the droid.... he almost never crits on a crew mission. should get them about 1 for every 35- 40 fire nodes with a companion that has at least 4000 affection.
~Master Telagtun Telag of Lord Calypho~

KorinHyvek
02.28.2012 , 07:47 PM | #28
At low affection levels, companions without +<insert mission skill here> crit almost never bring back purple grade items. As anyone who's leveled biochem can attest to. For non biochemists, tier 1 purple gear really isn't worth it. Frankly, I don't make purple gear on any character but my biochemists. Sticking with blues you upgrade periodicly is less of a hassle (especially when dealing with branching on equippables. +shield is a pretty useless boost on cunning gear)

Ras_Thavas
02.28.2012 , 09:23 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Haekel View Post
Use Mission Discoveries. Get a lvl 110 Treasure Hunting mission schematic from the Market, then run it. Provided the mission is not a total failure (which happens very rarely), you WILL get a few purples, usually 2 to 4. So far, that holds true for every mission skill I used.
This is incorrect. The wind crystal is a level 1 gem. The 115 treasure hunting mission discoveries return level 2 items. I have never seen a level 110 mission.

The two regular missions that I have managed to get wind crystals from are "Preying on the Meek" and "Sealed in Stupidity."

Zekiirah
02.28.2012 , 10:06 PM | #30
Sometimes I think all it takes is to find the right companion for the individual mission. Zenith has Treasure Hunting crit and he doesn't bring in the Corusca Gems or the Wind Crystals very often. Nadia brings in Wind Crystals almost consecutively now, I usually have her do "Sealed in Stupidity." Always brings back at least 3 Wind Crystals. She's terrible with companion gift missions for me and most other Treasure Hunting, but she seems to enjoy bringing back these purple crystals.